Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

I think it's DISGUSTING to walk past trays of food in the hall. Reminds me of Zydecocruisers half eated food pictures.

Yet, the one time I used room service in a hotel, I was TOLD to put it out in the hall when I was done.

I did not.

I agree, and we've been told the same thing. They really need to step up the cleaning of the trays in the hallway, it looks very low rent.

I agree, and we've been told the same thing. They really need to step up the cleaning of the trays in the hallway, it looks very low rent.

I've asked this question of four hotel directors on four different ships... I figured they were probably the best source of information for this particular question...

:)

I've asked this question of four hotel directors on four different ships... I figured they were probably the best source of information for this particular question...

How much you wanna bet 2 will say leave it in the hall and the other 2 say keep it in your cabin? :D

Mach, Mach, he is the man

we know that is has got a plan

if you travel on Carnival, and wonder what to do?

Just ask Host Mach, and he get an answer for YOU.

Our friend Host Mach, he loves to cruise

and if you ask, he will tell you what to use

He travels on Carnival, my favorite line

He will even tell you where its best to dine.

Keep up the great work...Mach

Would you like a haiku? :p

I'll pass...

:rolleyes:

By the way... current wisdom regarding your question... two say leave the dishes in the cabin, one says the hallway is OK but not the best solution... waiting on the fourth...

I'll pass...

:rolleyes:

By the way... current wisdom regarding your question... two say leave the dishes in the cabin, one says the hallway is OK but not the best solution... waiting on the fourth...

So it sounds like the cabin stewards are passing the buck when they tell us to leave them in the hall.

So it sounds like the cabin stewards are passing the buck when they tell us to leave them in the hall.

Dunno... I don't really know if they're responsible when the stuff is in the hall or another team is... I've seen my cabin steward pick up a tray that was in the hall directly across from my cabin...

:confused:

I know the stewards don't like you removing the glasses that were in your cabin and leaving them somewhere else.

As for trays, I usually put them out in the hall - too many times they couldn't figure out if we were done or not and left trays in the room.

I never have figured out why some people put their trays across the hall from their door. It leaves me no choice but to leave my tray and their tray by theirs. :confused::D

I know the stewards don't like you removing the glasses that were in your cabin and leaving them somewhere else.

As for trays, I usually put them out in the hall - too many times they couldn't figure out if we were done or not and left trays in the room.

I never have figured out why some people put their trays across the hall from their door. It leaves me no choice but to leave my tray and their tray by theirs. :confused::D

They probably don't want people to think that they eat that much food. That happened to me on the Pride, I left my room one day and right by my door was this stack of dirty dishes. There were 4 trays and 12 of those plastic tops that they use, I don't know how many dishes, but I do know that they ordered a lot of food. I knew that it came from the cabin across from me because I heard the Room Service with their cart, so I just pushed the trays back over to their side of the hallway.

My understand is room service people make sweeps periodically to pick up trays.

If in the room they cannot get them and seems like leaving trays in room make more work for room stewards who already seem like they have plenty to do.

Besides sometimes we do not finish all we order and why make the steward wonder if we are done or not.

Just seems better to leave it in hallway next to our door.

Room service is almost always breakfast and we order what we feel is appropriate for breakfast and why would anyone pass judgment on what someone else would order?

Just heard from the Hotel Director on the Conquest... his response... whatever the guest feels most comfortable with is OK...

He said that clearing the dishes from the cabin is part of the cabin steward's job so that's not any kind of an issue...

Score... two say they prefer to have the dishes left in the cabin... all four say it's up to the guest...

Thanks Mach, if that's the case then the stewards(or whoever has that task) need to do a better job of keeping the halls clean. It really is unsightly.

Agreed...

Certainly part of the issue is that the cabin stewards have a lot of cabins to tend to. Once they've gone past a cabin they probably don't get back to it 'til the next cleaning cycle resulting in the room service trays being in the hall for so long.

Hey Mach -

Any idea when the 2010 Cruise Director schedule will be available :confused:??

At one point I was under the impression that John would be on the Dream for our 1/29/10 sailing - because Todd was scheduled for vacation. But recent post have me questioning that info ;).

This is what John said yesterday about it.

………..I promise that next week I will post the CD schedule for the first part of next year. I actually was talking to Chris Prideaux about it (Director of Entertainment) today and it looks like it is almost ready to go.

Personally, I will believe it when I see it, he has been saying this for a long time. Lately it makes me wonder about what John's is saying about his schedule next year. He say's one thing and then later changes it.

We have adjoining balconies on the Carnival Dream. One for 4 people and one for 2 people. Now we have another person wanting to go. Two of the currents are small children in which at least one would be on a floor pallet anyway, so we would have room in the beds for another person. I don't suppose we would be allowed to pay for a third person for a room assigned for two, would we?

We have adjoining balconies on the Carnival Dream. One for 4 people and one for 2 people. Now we have another person wanting to go. Two of the currents are small children in which at least one would be on a floor pallet anyway, so we would have room in the beds for another person. I don't suppose we would be allowed to pay for a third person for a room assigned for two, would we?

Tough to say... It really depends on the cabin you selected or were assigned. If it doesn't have the capacity for a third person (i.e. a convertible sofa...) then no, they won't book a third.

I think that you're only recourse would be to contact your PVP, TA or whoever you booked through and ask for a cabin reassignment and then add the third. In all likelihood the cabins won't be adjoining or even near each other but that seems to be your only other choice...

Best of luck...

Here's one for you Mach. As soon as I read the OP on this thread, it popped up in my mind. On the Liberty May 8 thread there is mention of muster drills without lifejackets. Now that looks like a rumor about to catch on big time because everyone is so excited about it. I even commented on it myself. But I doubt its validity since I havent seen an article about it or read about it somewhere else.

Thanks

Here's one for you Mach. As soon as I read the OP on this thread, it popped up in my mind. On the Liberty May 8 thread there is mention of muster drills without lifejackets. Now that looks like a rumor about to catch on big time because everyone is so excited about it. I even commented on it myself. But I doubt its validity since I havent seen an article about it or read about it somewhere else.

Thanks

It's the truth. It's not fleet wide yet but it will be.

When we sailed on the Dream a month ago we didn't use life jackets and it's no longer called a boat drill, it's a safety briefing.

You go to your muster station ( it's on your Sail and Sign card now...) without your life jacket. A crew member demonstrates how to properly don the vest and covers a few other safety topic. Took about 15 minutes... Easy peasy...

Archived