Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

It's the truth. It's not fleet wide yet but it will be.

When we sailed on the Dream a month ago we didn't use life jackets and it's no longer called a boat drill, it's a safety briefing.

You go to your muster station ( it's on your Sail and Sign card now...) without your life jacket. A crew member demonstrates how to properly don the vest and covers a few other safety topic. Took about 15 minutes... Easy peasy...

:)

Curious. Was it still done during sailaway?

I know I'm chiming in late on a couple of these issues but we just got off the Dream and had these specific concerns come up.

Mach, dirty room service dishes. Hallway or cabin: What say Carnival?

In the past we have always left our dishes in the cabin and they have been cleared away. So it was very much a surprise that our steward removed the tray from our cabin, but just placed it in the hallway. But then later in the afternoon it had disappeared, so I don't know if he came back on his 2nd shift and removed the trays or if someone else was tasked with doing that????

It's the truth. It's not fleet wide yet but it will be.

When we sailed on the Dream a month ago we didn't use life jackets and it's no longer called a boat drill, it's a safety briefing.

You go to your muster station ( it's on your Sail and Sign card now...) without your life jacket. A crew member demonstrates how to properly don the vest and covers a few other safety topic. Took about 15 minutes... Easy peasy...

Quite right....Easy peasy........

Not only did we not have to bring our life vests to the muster station, but the muster station is no longer outside on deck 4!!!!!! Ours was in the lower level of the Crimson Restaurant deck 3 forward!!!!! The whole thing took about 15 minutes.

I just tried with MrPete and it worked... took a bit but it worked.

I'll try again tomorrow and see if it functions. If not I'll IM Danny...

It's broken from 12/8 through yesterday. All those posts seem to be missing. I reported it under my resurrected thread over on help. Not sure if Kat saw it yet.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=22346508&postcount=185

Hey Mach!

Are you working on that book yet? You could make a compilation of all your reviews and publish them and call it something like " My Cruise Life on a Thread"!! ( I'm sure you could come up with a better title!!) But then I could just read your reviews without searching through different threads!! LOL

Seriously!!! ( Said like Meridith from Grey's Anatomy)

Debbie

Hey Mach!

Are you working on that book yet? You could make a compilation of all your reviews and publish them and call it something like " My Cruise Life on a Thread"!! ( I'm sure you could come up with a better title!!) But then I could just read your reviews without searching through different threads!! LOL

Seriously!!! ( Said like Meridith from Grey's Anatomy)

Debbie

Hi, Debbie!

Thanks so much for your very generous comments.

I don't think that many publishers would be interested in a book that would sell in the single digits... I don't think that I would even buy one!!

I'm very happy to be able to write the story of my adventures here and let those who feel the need to read enjoy them. Beyond that... ummm... I don't have any ambition to be the next James Michener or more probably Alfred E. Neuman.

;)

Thanks again...

Mach

Hi, Debbie!

Thanks so much for your very generous comments.

I don't think that many publishers would be interested in a book that would sell in the single digits... I don't think that I would even buy one!!

I'm very happy to be able to write the story of my adventures here and let those who feel the need to read enjoy them. Beyond that... ummm... I don't have any ambition to be the next James Michener or more probably Alfred E. Neuman.

;)

Thanks again...

Mach

Host Mach,

I think it would be a wonderful idea for you to write a book, you could call it Cruise Review and list it as a reference book.

Host Mach,

I think it would be a wonderful idea for you to write a book, you could call it Cruise Review and list it as a reference book.

I fear that my reviews are less subjective and more an expression of my experience than they are a reference...

I don't think that I can write a strictly 'factual' review, i.e. the sofa is orange... the food was hot... the ship moved, etc... I just don't find that to be much fun!

:D

I fear that my reviews are less subjective and more an expression of my experience than they are a reference...

I don't think that I can write a strictly 'factual' review, i.e. the sofa is orange... the food was hot... the ship moved, etc... I just don't find that to be much fun!

:D

As someone who has done some writing I find it to be very cathartic and in fact I do it only for myself.

Host Mach,

Mach's right. It can't be a reference book. Too entertaining for that!

You'd have to write it just the way you did on the thread!

Mach, looks like you already have 2 buyers.

Then again you could do like Alfred E Neuman and it could be comic book like!

Even better. LOL

As someone who has done some writing I find it to be very cathartic and in fact I do it only for myself.

You're right... it is quite cathartic. I've spent a lot of time writing to write and for no other reason.

I was very leery about writing my first review to add here at Cruise Critic as I don't write the way most other folks here do and I didn't have a clue of how it would be received. Turned out that folks liked it.

Hi,

What happened to the web cams on the ships? For the last 3 weeks I have been logging on to the website and going to ships and hitting Splendor and the web cam icon comes up on the right side of the page. But now I can find the web cam icon:confused:. It looks like Carnival did a little over haul of their website,and now my favorite feature is gone. Do you know if it is under some other function?

Thanks for helping.

CJ

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=Destiniiii&date=8-22-2010&text=My summer cruise before school starts.&ship=Carnival Splendor

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=Destiniiii&date=4-3-2010&text=Spring Break Cruise&ship=Carnival Liberty

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=Destiniiii&date=1-23-2011&text=Crazy Winter Cruise during School&ship=Carnival Spirit

Hi,

What happened to the web cams on the ships? For the last 3 weeks I have been logging on to the website and going to ships and hitting Splendor and the web cam icon comes up on the right side of the page. But now I can find the web cam icon:confused:. It looks like Carnival did a little over haul of their website,and now my favorite feature is gone. Do you know if it is under some other function?

Thanks for helping.

CJ

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=Destiniiii&date=8-22-2010&text=My summer cruise before school starts.&ship=Carnival Splendor

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=Destiniiii&date=4-3-2010&text=Spring Break Cruise&ship=Carnival Liberty

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=Destiniiii&date=1-23-2011&text=Crazy Winter Cruise during School&ship=Carnival Spirit

Hi, CJ... I was looking for the link to the Dream webcam yesterday and thought the same thing.

I'll check with Stephanie and post her answer here.

I would like to just state this.

I have always know that there is a lot of wasted food. You just have to look around.

Daughters went on that Behind the Fun ship tour. They were told that Carnival has a wastage of 5 tons of food. They did not specify if this was on one sailing or perhaps each day fleetwide. Regardless, this is a huge waste and it adds to our cruise price.

Don't know if this is the case, but I've always been suspicious that school lunch ladies make soup and chili and banana bread, etc, out of unserved foods. I wonder if the cruise ships to the same. Just sayin'...

Archived