Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

Host Mach,

Maybe you could answer this question for me. When is the Crazies going to have a cruise on the West Coast. I think it is about time you had one on this side of the country so people like me that can't travel back East can at least enjoy one Cruizin with the Crazies. Maybe you could plan one for 2011 or 2012.

Host Mach,

Maybe you could answer this question for me. When is the Crazies going to have a cruise on the West Coast. I think it is about time you had one on this side of the country so people like me that can't travel back East can at least enjoy one Cruizin with the Crazies. Maybe you could plan one for 2011 or 2012.

We have two cruises in 2010 but 2011 and 2012 are available. It's really up to the group, not me.

Lots of folks have asked about new itineraries soooooo...

;)

I just booked my 10th cruise with Carnival (14th overall) and my regular person who I book all my Carnival cruises through, a PVP, told me that my Sail and Sign won't show VIP or Platinum and I should go to the VIP line and tell them this is my 10th cruise. And, the card I receive won't show Platinum due to it being my 10th cruise and my my 11th etc. Once on board, she stated to go to the purser's desk to get my Platinum card. As much as I love her and she has always been exceptional in the past, I am not sure if this info is correct.

Should it show VIP and Platinum on the docs?

On a brighter note, I already know someone on the rollcall....Lambknuckles and I met her at the beach ball drop in Dallas.

www.webshots.com/user/robtx100

WOOO HOOOO!!!!!

Our VIP on our roll call!!! YEPPERS!!! You'll get that card in Galveston!! PLATINUM and all the blesing and treats it affords!!!! I have one more till my MAGICALY TRUNS PLATINUM!!!!

We DID have a BLAST with those BEACH BALLS!!!! I wonder what we would have done if it snowed in Dallas on THAT DAY????? :eek: But that's so rare... especially in October.... :p

Mach,

I think it will assist John greatly. I can imagine the frustration he must feel with reading the constant stream of gimme gimme gimme emails.

Paul Medic: If John does get frustrated, it seems to be more with those of us who are frustrated for him! He has made it quite clear on his blog that he DOESN'T mind fulfilling people's requests and doesn't understand why it makes so many of us so upset. So after reading some of his comments, I don't care anymore. Let them ask all they want and let him be their 'Santa Claus'... It's all a part of the system I'm sure! :(

Mach: Good luck with this as I think it's a great idea! Hopefully the 'ridiculous' and 'outrageous' rumors will finally be put to rest!

Ok so let me get this straight Carnival is charging for Ice Tea in the dining room?

Ummmm... no.

The ONLY ice tea that has a charge is that canned stuff, like Lipton's, that sold like a soda. Other than that there's no charge.

Well at least I know not to bring my pet raccoon now!:p

You just have to know how to smuggle the coon/squirrel. I suggest wrapping in bubble wrap and then stuffing in a plastic bag. Just so it doesn't leak all over your clothes. Then put it in your checked baggage.

Or you could buy the correct size of coonrunner.

This post/poster does not condone the mistreatment of said coon/squirrel. Placing pet coon/squirrel in plastic bag may me detrimental to coon/squirrel health. Please proceed with caution.

What's this I'm reading on the 12/3 roll-call that Platinum cruisers will only get one bag of free laundry per person....Is this going fleet-wide or is this something they just started...Dennis

I'm checking on this and I'll post as soon as I get an answer...

:)

I would like to just state this.

I have always know that there is a lot of wasted food. You just have to look around.

Daughters went on that Behind the Fun ship tour. They were told that Carnival has a wastage of 5 tons of food. They did not specify if this was on one sailing or perhaps each day fleetwide. Regardless, this is a huge waste and it adds to our cruise price.

I have always know that there is a lot of wasted food. You just have to look around.

Daughters went on that Behind the Fun ship tour. They were told that Carnival has a wastage of 5 tons of food. They did not specify if this was on one sailing or perhaps each day fleetwide. Regardless, this is a huge waste and it adds to our cruise price.

On the other hand, if you show up to the buffet 15 minutes before closing you would expect the same variety and selection as if you were there at opening. Waste is difficult to control in buffet situations. However due to the bulk food preparation methods, it is still more affordable to throw away food than to custom order for each person's desires as in a dining room situation.

That would be average per cruise, not per day, so I've been told.

Really, it's not that bad, all things considered. The Fantasy Class, the smallest ships, have a maximum passenger capacity of 2600 and a crew of about 1000 for a total of about 3500. The Dream has a max passenger capacity of 4600 and a crew of 1500 for an approximate total of 6000.

3500 people producing 2000 pounds of waste is a little more than 1/2 pound per person, not unreasonable.

That's a lot of people eating more than an average amount of food and a large portion from buffets. Buffets, be it on land or sea, generate a fairly large amount of waste.

Carnival does a great deal to minimize any impact to the environment:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/environmental_virtual_.aspx

In most of these instances the search feature would be of little help.

These nearly always start out 'I heard from my third cousin who knows a guy who's sister sailed on the Splendor and SHE said she overheard one of the crew say that Carnival was going to buy the US Navy...'

:rolleyes:

Most people know that these odd statements simply aren't true but given enough time to wander around the board and they become urban legend...

Wow! Carnival is buying the Navy? How cool would that be? Can you imagine a 5 inch gun on the bow of the Spirit? I guess the Conquest woud be prime for a missile vertical launch system.

I'm sure the food would be an improvement, but I wouldn't like knowing I'd have to pay for Iced Tea.

Looks like I picked the wrong time to retire.:D

Mach- I just want to thank you offering to do this. Not only will it help expedite the quashing of the false rumors, it will help speed up the answers on John's blog.

I've noticed that when a thread like those you mentioned occurs, several people will ask the question on John's blog. But the question isn't posted until John gets around to answering it. Since John answers every question marked for his reply, we wind up with a lot of repeats, making it look like people are asking the same question over and over when it has already been answered.

Anyway, thanks again, and I am glad this thread is a sticky, and hope it helps!!

Wow! Carnival is buying the Navy? How cool would that be? Can you imagine a 5 inch gun on the bow of the Spirit? I guess the Conquest woud be prime for a missile vertical launch system.

I'm sure the food would be an improvement, but I wouldn't like knowing I'd have to pay for Iced Tea.

Looks like I picked the wrong time to retire.:D

Well darn, if Carnival would had bought the Navy earlier, then we would have qualified for platinum already, as DH had two prior cruises on the Constellation, one of the big, grey boats!!!

Well darn, if Carnival would had bought the Navy earlier, then we would have qualified for platinum already, as DH had two prior cruises on the Constellation, one of the big, grey boats!!!

And if you consider each underway period a separate cruise, we may even qualify for ULTRA PLATINUM TITANIUM! I wonder if it will be retroactive.

What's this I'm reading on the 12/3 roll-call that Platinum cruisers will only get one bag of free laundry per person....Is this going fleet-wide or is this something they just started...Dennis

I just heard from the folks at Carnival on this issue... As I understand the situation it was one cruise only... not a permanent change...

John's response about the Platinum laundry question:

5. The subject of Platinum laundry benefits came up as well. This is because this voyage we have 600 Platinum cruisers and as you know they get free laundry service. Now usually we have 50 0r so Platinum guests so free laundry is never a problem. However 600 bags or if they do 2 bags……..1200 bags is a huge task to get back the same day or even the next day. And so we asked guests this voyage to see if they can manage with one bag per cabin and everyone has been most understanding.

Obviously, if someone has more than one bag we will not say no.

Yet the question was that apparently someone on Cruise Critic had posted that this was a fleetwide policy for each and every cruise and indeed Host Mach from Cruise Critic wrote to me saying that was a posting stating this.

Nope………………yet again……………….total bollocks……………it is this ship and this cruise only and if anyone asks for an extra bag we will honour that request. It just means that my underwear won’t get washed which is no big deal………………………………………….. as Heidi can do them in 8 days time.

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2009/12/04/pa-007-vs-the-royal-champions-at-cinemas-this-christmas/#comment-68290

Archived