Decorating your cabin door?

Jaymee287

Well I tried attached pics of what I did to our door on our halloween cruise last year but i cant figure it out. I had that spider web stuff pulled over it and then i put Caution tape on it as well. I just used sticky tack to keep it in place. Then for the other two cabins in our group, I decorated thier doors with Steelers decorations. It was so easy to find our room quickly and easily....especially after long days on the lido deck with buckets o' beer. For our first cruise, we had 8 cabins in our group since it was for our wedding. I made each cabin a door knob hanger out of foam(cheap and easy at any craft store). I wrote the names of the occupants on them with puff paint so when we were looking for each other we knew what rooms to go to! If i can figure out the pics i'll get some on here later.

I love decorating my cabin door! I try to do it for every cruise. As others have stated, it really is a great way to find your cabin (and especially for me after very late nights at the disco! :p ) besides, it's adds to the fun!!!

Here are four of my door decorations.

Carnival Conquest Christmas Cruise - note Cruise Critic door sign too!

Doordecorationsconquest2004.jpg

Fantasy New Year's Eve Cruise

DoordecorationsNYE.jpg

Fantasy "Chick Cruise"

DoorDecorationsFantasyinMarch.jpg

Being a New Orleanian, I use this door decoration a lot when there are no special themes to my cruise.

DoordecorationsFV.jpg

I even decorate my cabin for holidays and had a Christmas tree for my Christmas cruise. We exchanged presents too!!

Christmastreeonconquest.jpg

Have fun with your door decorating! I have a friend who's very creative with it...She does very creative door decorating, usually using monkeys as the theme. She changes her door every day. It's really very, very neat!

DH and I will be celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary on 01/17/10!! Yay us!! We will be boarding the Carnival Pride that day...can't wait :D

We had tee shirts made that say "13th Anniversay Cruise" with the ship and date details on front.

I have made about 5 signs so far for our door and plan to make probably 1 more!!

It's a celebration!! We are happy to be married and can't wait to cruise again after 4 years since our second cruise!!

Our non-cruising family thinks it's "corny" but we are memory-makers and plan to have a blast!!

I say decorate for sure!!

All three of us are first time cruisers, we will be sailing the Carnival Legend from June 6 - 13 to the Western Caribbean. I have read that finding your cabin can be overwhelming, I'm just curious if you can put a sign or something on the outside of our door? Is this something that would be ok or something that would be frowned upon?

It would be overwhelming if there weren't cabin numbers, deck, numbers, etc..

On our recent Miracle cruise, I used double sided sticky things to hold up my Steeler champions pennant. We never had a problem finding our room. Although, no one disturbed the pennant, a giggling monkey I had placed in the mailbox disappeared. It disturbs me that someone would feel that it was alright to steal someones possession.

Love the idea of people signing them very cute! Are the cabin doors like dry erase or what?

I have a friend that is a teacher and she uses dry erase markers direcctly on the Formica tables, just make sure to bring some of the expo cleaner to remove any traces of it...

we had our first cruise this July and did put up a poster (8 1/2 x 11) on our door. It had "our first cruise" and our ship on the poster. we left a pen attached. most from our roll call signed but others did as well. something fun to do and you are able to keep it.

we had our first cruise this July and did put up a poster (8 1/2 x 11) on our door. It had "our first cruise" and our ship on the poster. we left a pen attached. most from our roll call signed but others did as well. something fun to do and you are able to keep it.

I found a picture of it, small but you can get the idea

LOL-I forgot, it didnt have the ship- just water

785763285_cruise074.jpg.e349f9b07bdc595d346d13a6b02cbe9f.jpg

Edited by michelle1836

• 4 years later...
All three of us are first time cruisers, we will be sailing the Carnival Legend from June 6 - 13 to the Western Caribbean. I have read that finding your cabin can be overwhelming, I'm just curious if you can put a sign or something on the outside of our door? Is this something that would be ok or something that would be frowned upon?

Um, we're booked on the Legend then also. Except our cruise leaves 6/8 for 7 days. Had to double check it after seeing your post lol! Maybe you've started the party early!

We also decorate our door. Usually a tropical theme.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have always decorated our doors but the last few cruises we have been very lazy about it and just bought window clings (you can get them at the dollar store all the time) they go on easy, stay on and come right off! But our next Breeze cruise I intend to really go for it, I have been doing a lot of research and I plan on making our doors STAND OUT!!! LOL

I've never decorated my door, but have other family members put decorations or the names of the cabin occupants on the door. It was really neat, and although I probably wouldn't do it myself, it was something that made finding other family members rooms easier, and made the rooms stand out from the others.

We always decorate ours usually with tropical cut outs. But for our up coming cruise I had a poster made. [ATTACH]303020[/ATTACH]

Life is better aboard a ship.

That is so great - Happy Anniversary! My 25th is this year as well on Sept. 22. I am still looking for some other things to put on our door that will go with the porthole cling that I have already bought.

We always decorate ours usually with tropical cut outs. But for our up coming cruise I had a poster made. [ATTACH]303020[/ATTACH]

Life is better aboard a ship.

Congrats!!! Hope you have a great anniversary cruise!! LOVE the door sign!