Will I be delayed? Looks likely

Mr. Tricky

I love all the research tha goes into planing a vacation. I also love finding a bargain. Although that comes with risks. I got a great deal on a Carnival cruise, a great deal on Airtran tickets, and an awesome hotwire deal on the Intercontinental Miami for my 1 night precruise. Now Its time to see if the dice Im rolling will work out for all the money I have saved.

Im nervous because my flight from Rochester to Miami is on a very tight schedule. My plane arrives in Roc from Orlando then has to be turned around at the gate in 30 min for an ontime departure to my connection in Atl. My layover in Atl is only 30 min then I depart for Mia. I am flying down on friday night for a Saturday cruise. I tracked those flights last night and they were all delayed... not good with such a tight schedule. I hope I dont get stuck in Atl missing that connection... its the last Atl to Mia on Airtran. If it were just me I would not care as much.. go with the flow and get the 1st flight in the morning. However I will have my family with me. Also my hotel is non refund. Oh well the dice have been rolled... lets see what happens.:rolleyes:

I live in ATL, and yes, 30 minutes is tight. AirTran operates from two concourses, C and D. If you are lucky, you won't have to change concourses.

Personally, I try to avoid the last flight of the day, because if you miss it, you're basically screwed.

You might consider trying to get on an earlier flight out of ROC. Perhaps show up at the airport early, and maybe they'll put you on an earlier flight, if there are seats available.

Good luck!

AG

I agree and would not have booked these if I had more options but unfortunately the family wasnt avail to fly out till after 4pm and these flights get me there the fastest. My connection is only a few gates away if they use the same ones as last night. Also, it looked like they were holding that Atl to Mia flight as the one from Roc was running late. It should be an adventure:rolleyes:

You are right about the fact that it is likely that you will be delayed. I am not sure that I would take the risk even if I was flying alone. I would never risk it with my family. You might consider paying the change fee and changing your flights. Sometimes one gets careless when looking for a good deal. Although your cost for a hotel in Atl, meals, etc (if you miss your connection) would probably be less than the cost to change your flight, is it really worth the stress?

I like a good deal as much as anyone, but good luck. You might want to consider the cost of a divorce lawyer in your equation.

Ty Silent Bob,

I checked and Airtran does have a couple flights after mine that are into FLL. I have also checked the history of my scheduled flights and the Atl to Mia consistenly runs late and seems to allways match the delay of the Roc to Atl flight so it looks like they routinely hold it for the connecting passengers. Hopefully we make it but I feel a little better knowing FLL amy be an option. I just hate to think of where my luggage might end up though:rolleyes:

Archived