Boardwalk view balcony or Park view balcony?

Bride75

We will have our 2 year old daughter with us so the idea is when she is in bed at night we will sit out on the balcony, my question is which would be best option for balcony Boardwalk view or Park view?

I am presuming more going on and to see from the boardwalk but will it be too much noise?

Thanks

If you want any type of privacy on your balcony and in your stateroom without your shades drawn, then book an ocean view.

All of the staterooms in central park and boardwalk can eaisly be seen by people on the boardwalk/central park or the pool deck. I mean EASILY, i could see right into those rooms that did not have the shades drawn. Unless you like to people watch alot, i dont know what the appeal is to these roooms, esp after seeing how everyone else can see you too :eek:

If i were you, book an ocean view and enjoy the only view a cruise can offer!

I went in cabins that had both views. I would have preferred the boardwalk by far. Especially if you get close to the back. We saw people out watching the family festivals and the aqua show from their rooms. That is a great feature.

We enjoyed our Boardwalk balcony 9315. We were in perfect position for the Aqua Theater and enjoyed the shows and practices. Yes, we could sea into cabins across the way, if we wanted to, and they could sea us. But who wants to do that? Spend big bucks to watch your neighbor read the Compass while sitting on his bed?

The noise was not really that bad. The balcony windows and door were very thick.

Rick and Deirdra

• 4 years later...
We enjoyed our Boardwalk balcony 9315. We were in perfect position for the Aqua Theater and enjoyed the shows and practices. Yes, we could sea into cabins across the way, if we wanted to, and they could sea us. But who wants to do that? Spend big bucks to watch your neighbor read the Compass while sitting on his bed?

The noise was not really that bad. The balcony windows and door were very thick.

Rick and Deirdra

Were the beds closer to the balcony or the closet?

I have not yet stayed in either type of cabin, but I will offer the following that was included in a recent cruise review of a Boardwalk balcony cabin by Megacruiser.

"I had carefully chosen this location as offering good value for money and being at the stern end of the Boardwalk it was afforded views across the sea beyond the Aquatheater.

It was in fact a bad decision. The Aquatheater is a multi-function venue used not only for the diving show but also for outdoor cinema and live TV events, like the Superbowl on our cruise; also for hosted entertainment (?) like belly-flop competitions...

The noise emanating from there and from other activities taking place in the Boardwalk vicinity throughout most of the day, and until late at night, was overpowering. You could just about have a peaceful hour out there in the morning but the rest of the day could more or less be written off. When I next travel on an Oasis class ship I intend to try one of the Central Park cabins. Depending on cost and single supplement, either a balcony or I actually quite fancy one of the “inside” cabins on deck 9 that have a window, a bit like Promenade View cabins on Voyager Class."

Edited by comxkid

I love having the aft-most Boardwalk balcony. Best of both worlds; I had nice views of the sea, was able to enjoy the Aqua Theater shows (and practices) from my personal balcony and nice people watching on the Boardwalk. Definitely was loud at times (especially during Rita's Fiesta parties, Aqua shows and movies on the Aqua Pool screens), but I enjoyed the energy. With the balcony door shut the noise was pretty muted inside the stateroom. I would definitely strongly recommend an aft Boardwalk balcony unless you were more interested in serenity then having a lot to look at. Central Park balconies are generally quirt, but most of the time there is not too much exciting to look at (some nights there is some live music being played).

If you want any type of privacy on your balcony and in your stateroom without your shades drawn, then book an ocean view.

All of the staterooms in central park and boardwalk can eaisly be seen by people on the boardwalk/central park or the pool deck. I mean EASILY, i could see right into those rooms that did not have the shades drawn. Unless you like to people watch alot, i dont know what the appeal is to these roooms, esp after seeing how everyone else can see you too :eek:

I'm curious about these types of comments. Are these balcony rooms any different than a balcony room in a nice hotel that overlooks a large atrium (as well as looking across the atrium at a large group of rooms)? My curtains will be closed at all appropriate times.

I love having the aft-most Boardwalk balcony. Best of both worlds; I had nice views of the sea, was able to enjoy the Aqua Theater shows (and practices) from my personal balcony and nice people watching on the Boardwalk. Definitely was loud at times (especially during Rita's Fiesta parties, Aqua shows and movies on the Aqua Pool screens), but I enjoyed the energy. With the balcony door shut the noise was pretty muted inside the stateroom. I would definitely strongly recommend an aft Boardwalk balcony unless you were more interested in serenity then having a lot to look at. Central Park balconies are generally quirt, but most of the time there is not too much exciting to look at (some nights there is some live music being played).

I think you have said it all here....Boardwalk for more people watching and energy with a partial view of the ocean...Central Park for a more serene enviroment. Only the OP can decide which meets their needs.

Another thing to keep in mind for Central Park is if you get rough seas, you may get water from the pools directly above you. I have been on cruises where we had rough seas and they had to close the outside patios at the restaurants due to this.

We have only done Boardwalk balconies on Oasis/Allure, and we like to watch all the action below (and above). If you don't want it, you just close the door and draw the curtains. We do ocean view on other ships, but this is a different experience we enjoy.

Different strokes, different folks, but I can't imagine getting any rest with all the noise going on late hours with the rooms overlooking the Boardwalks. Plus, people on the streets are looking up while you are looking down, meaning lack of privacy. I personally, would never want one of these rooms.

I have not yet stayed in either type of cabin, but I will offer the following that was included in a recent cruise review of a Boardwalk balcony cabin by Megacruiser.

"I had carefully chosen this location as offering good value for money and being at the stern end of the Boardwalk it was afforded views across the sea beyond the Aquatheater.

It was in fact a bad decision. The Aquatheater is a multi-function venue used not only for the diving show but also for outdoor cinema and live TV events, like the Superbowl on our cruise; also for hosted entertainment (?) like belly-flop competitions...

The noise emanating from there and from other activities taking place in the Boardwalk vicinity throughout most of the day, and until late at night, was overpowering. You could just about have a peaceful hour out there in the morning but the rest of the day could more or less be written off. When I next travel on an Oasis class ship I intend to try one of the Central Park cabins. Depending on cost and single supplement, either a balcony or I actually quite fancy one of the “inside” cabins on deck 9 that have a window, a bit like Promenade View cabins on Voyager Class."

I am in a situation similar to the OP, as we are looking at taking our then 4 year olds on a cruise on Oasis. I know there will be noise on the boardwalk view balcony all day and even potentially late at night, but what about in the room? Are they pretty much sound proof? I am thinking that boardwalk view balcony will be fun for the kids...but I also hope they will sleep at night!!

My husband and I have stayed in a Boardwalk 6 times on Oasis and twice on Allure all close to the aft section and we have not found the above to be true re the noise. We have stayed on deck 10 or 11. Have this location 11325 booked in 1 week. The closer to the aft section the less cabins that you can see into or they see into yours.

A deck 11 or 12 if you choose those decks there is a large public balcony area that would give you more room for your 2 year old and yourselves to spend time on with both shade and sun.

Edited by emmy

When I leave my stateroom, and go to the pool, everyone is looking at me, or at least looking away once they see me. I really have no problems with the balcony for either. Way I look at it, if they really are looking at our room, than they must be blind!!!! During appropriate times the curtains are drawn!

Different strokes, different folks, but I can't imagine getting any rest with all the noise going on late hours with the rooms overlooking the Boardwalks. Plus, people on the streets are looking up while you are looking down, meaning lack of privacy. I personally, would never want one of these rooms.

Different strokes for different folks. The noise is not really bad, almost not noticeable with the balcony door closed and locked. Also, you would be surprised how few people are looking up at the balconies when there is so much to see on the Boardwalk. I found 11729 on the Allure to be unique and wonderful.

We have stayed in a Central Park balcony cabin on the Allure 3 times and love it. It's nice to sit out there during the day and listen to the canned birds sing, but at night is when it is really special! We always stay on deck 11, so we look down on the tops of the trees. It's so nice to look at the lights twinkling in the trees while enjoying a late night glass on wine before turning in for the night. During the day you can hear the kids playing in the kids' zone on the pool deck, but at night it's very quiet and serene. We're trying to decided when we might do it again!

Different strokes for different folks. The noise is not really bad, almost not noticeable with the balcony door closed and locked. Also, you would be surprised how few people are looking up at the balconies when there is so much to see on the Boardwalk. I found 11729 on the Allure to be unique and wonderful.

This is the room we have booked on the oasis next year and I'm super excited for it. As far as the privacy issue people have discussed, I guess I don't really have any concerns about what I might be doing on my balcony that would make consider others being able to see. We will close the blinds when needed in our room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Traveling with children- could make this decision more difficult, but I do believe our choice would definitely be a private balcony facing on the ocean, enjoying the view of the ocean, seems much more appealing to us. But, this is just us. Good luck with whatever you decide, I'm sure you will have fun, regardless! Cheers!

This is the room we have booked on the oasis next year and I'm super excited for it. As far as the privacy issue people have discussed, I guess I don't really have any concerns about what I might be doing on my balcony that would make consider others being able to see. We will close the blinds when needed in our room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You should love this room. It truly was unique, with views of water, the Aqua Theater, and the Boardwalk (and occasionally zip liners). The only cons are (1) the bed is by the closet and (2) it sure is a long walk aft!

You should love this room. It truly was unique, with views of water, the Aqua Theater, and the Boardwalk (and occasionally zip liners). The only cons are (1) the bed is by the closet and (2) it sure is a long walk aft!

We rather enjoyed the experience of having a Boardwalk Balcony aft cabin on Oasis ... nice that we still had views of the water.

Do agree with your cons. The bed was VERY close to the closet. It is a very long walk.

LuLu

~~~~