My fairy called....

cmdknw

Upgrade fairy that is. We are being offered a suite for an additional $570...just not sure if I can do it.

We currently have a balcony and booked it with early saver. AHHHH i don't know what to do!

K

If you like your cabin and want $570 to spend on your cruise than dont but if you dont like your cabin then I would call them back and try to get the suite for less if they are not at capacity they may be willing to do that

$570 or I think your saying $285pp thats not much of a discount to upgrade

Also is it a cat11 suite or full cat12 suite

OK countdown problems again yours isn't showing just a bunch of XXX's. Could you post your Cruise info (when, ship, how many nights) so we can help you decide as I'm sure I'm not the onlyone who can't see it. THANK YOU!

This is for a 7 night cruise? For a cat. 11 or 12? You probably booked a specific cabin that you were happy with at the early saver price. It is always nice to have a suite - but would the extra $570 be used for more useful things? Excursions, drinks, pictures, souveneirs, spa? That money would buy a lot of those things! Make a counter-offer - worst that they will say is no. I would probably stay where I was -not worth it to me just to get early embark/debark, and a larger cabin. Good luck with your decision!

We sail on 1/16 on a 5 day on the Destiny to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman...right now we are in a balcony on Verandah deck, Room 8212. He's offering a suite on Empress deck--below verandah-- for the $570...Right now it's a no b/c we don't typically spend much time in the room....but I'm so happy about finally getting the elusive upgrade call I can't even think straight..

I feel like I just caught a leprochaun.

K

Do they always call and ask if you want an upgrade?? Maybe they will call me?? I booked through XXXXXXXX XXXXXX...

they cant call you directly if you booked thru a TA. They would have to call your TA who would have to call you with the offer.

No, they dont always call, most of the time they dont call based on my own lack of upgrade fairy calls. You just hear about the folks who did get calls and it might sound like it happens all the time.

Just to be accurate, you got a call from the "upsell" fairy not the upgrade fairy. You don't really need to wait for that call just pick up the phone and ask what their best price is for any available suite you show open close into the cruise date.

Update:: I called him back and told him it was a no. He is now offering it for $370. I'm still kind of thinking no...but gosh I'm tempted....

$370 does make it more enticing- but it "only" a 5 day cruise. Did they give you a cabin # for the suite, so you can check it on the deck plan? If it were a 7 day cruise, I would grab it for the 2nd offer. But it is a 5 day - hmmmm!:rolleyes:

He said I could pretty much have my pick of suites. Said in his opinion, the best would be 7171. So far, we're thinking no just b/c it's a 5 day and my son is more interested in the pool and waterslide than he is in staying in the room!

Got home tonight & had a message to call Carnival Post Booking Dept regarding our 1/3/10 cruise. Of course, they were closed when I got home. I left a message with my cell for tomorrow. I am wondering if it was an upsell call?? We are 4 in an 8F balcony. When I do a dummy booking, it doesn't show any suites left & only quad balcony showing up is n 8E. I talked to the booking dept (only thing still open) she couldn't find any notes on our booking.

Anyone ever get a call from Post Booking Dept??

Archived