Anyone do Disneyland day before cruise?

freedomhoneymoon09

Disney is not cheap. With six, I would say you'd need at least $300 and maybe even more. If you stay away from their very expensive things like t-shirts, sweatshirts and all that, you might get by with less. Their food is also very expensive. No cheap deals at Disney. But, are you talking Disneyland or Disney World?

We always do Disneyland whenever we do a cruise out of LA. We have annual passes so do get a discount on food ( I think it is 15%) but Disneyland is still expensive even with that.

Blue Bayoo meals start at around $20 and up even for lunch to split a entree there has a $12.00 plate charge added to the bill.

Most kids meals cost about $6-$8 and most adult meals are about $13...the portions are large through and most adult meals could be shared if you bought a side salad as well?? Churros and popsorn are $3 and up....

We always bring bottles of water, juice (plastic bottles please) and snacks into the park to offset the high snack costs, a bottle of water was $3.00 there last month. We bought a 24 pack of water at the 7-11 just outside of Disneyland for $5.00...Also eat as much away from the park as possible. Mimis across the street (next to the ever popular Howard Johnson) is a great family restaurant and the prices are really cheap.

I would say we spend about $100-$200 a day for the three of us....

This is a good website for looking at meal prices and such

http://allears.net/dlr/dlresort.htm

White Water Snacks located at the Grand Californian right next to California Adventure park is a favourite of ours.....it is never very crowded which amazes us as the food is good and quite cheap (for DLR).

I always order a kids meal for myself and the portions are big....DH loves the beef dip and the Chili chicken burger our son likes the big cheeseburgers and fries.

This place we eat at a few times while we are there. The Breakfast burrito is worth going to DLR for ;D

http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/men_wws.htm

There is a mama cat who is often there with her babies.....calico mama and she loves chicken no fries.....just saying :D

We are taking the kids to Disneyland the day before we set sail on the Splendor. Still trying to budget.....We are a family of four, two nine year old girls. How much would you say we should take? Tickets are already paid for. Just need a ballpark for spending money and meals. Thanks

Meals that can be as little as 5-10 bucks/person per meal to as much as 2 to 3x if you go to some of the more pricey and upscale places they now have in the park. Then figure in snacks, drinks, expect them to be 2x or more then what you'd find outsdie on anything as a start. Other poster is right burgerr, fries and a drink and you are talking 10 bucks easy.

As for trinkets or vacation souveniors you could easily spend nothing to 50 or 100 bucks; monogramed mouse ear hat, dress and you can break the bank.

Enjoy

If you want to combine lunch with an attraction, Billy Hill and the Hillbillies in Frontierland is great. Its gonna cost around $10 per person, but you will be full. You could easily split a meal for the kids. We also eat at the poolside restaurant at the Grand California Hotel. Same as other places, hamburgers, hot dogs, nachos etc BUT its much more relaxing as its mostly hotel guests and rarely crowded. You can enter through Grand California or downtown Disney. We usually buy our food and bring PB&J sandwiches for the kids. You can bring your own snacks and water so no need to buy those. We usually eat at home for breakfast (or in your case I agree Mimi's is great), catch the Billy Show and then snack for dinner. Blue Bayou is not one of the cheaper places but the setting is great - its at the beginning of Pirates of the Caribbean.

I haven't been to Disneyland since 1998, but the times I went, we took the monarail (free) to the resort hotel and ate at a nice 50's style diner. Is it still there? Anyhow, the travel guide books said we would get a good meal (we did) and not have to wait in long lines for bland overpriced food. Just a suggestion.

I haven't been to Disneyland since 1998, but the times I went, we took the monarail (free) to the resort hotel and ate at a nice 50's style diner. Is it still there? Anyhow, the travel guide books said we would get a good meal (we did) and not have to wait in long lines for bland overpriced food. Just a suggestion.

Sadly the Monarail Cafe is no longer (I LOVED their Chef's salad and Vanilla Coke Float YUM) but the Monarail is still there but now ends at DTD.

We like ESPN Zone for dinners as well as Tortilla Jo's.

Archived