cruise ticket questions

stormcastle

Just completed the online checkin for our first NCL cruise and printed out the edocs. Ten pages long! I noticed that each person in our group of 3 has a different ticket number. Does that mean I need to print out each separate ticket even though all 3 names are on the first ticket?

We have only cruised one time previously--an Alaskan cruise on Princess about 20 years ago. We are excited about the way cruising has changed--especially the different types of cabins!:)

Just completed the online checkin for our first NCL cruise and printed out the edocs. Ten pages long! I noticed that each person in our group of 3 has a different ticket number. Does that mean I need to print out each separate ticket even though all 3 names are on the first ticket?

We have only cruised one time previously--an Alaskan cruise on Princess about 20 years ago. We are excited about the way cruising has changed--especially the different types of cabins!:)

First off...Welcome to Cruise Critic....glad to have you!

Good news...you do NOT have to print out the edocs again. 1 ticket for 3 people is all that is needed.

If you haven't already, make sure you join the roll call thread for your sailing.

Enjoy your cruise, and again....welcome :)

once you get to know all the rules and what-not, you only really need to print the ticket page...and (maybe) your copy of the ticket page. all the other pages for information only and not needed to anyone by yourself.

fyi: you don't really need the ticket...usually the only people that ask for it is (maybe) a security guard. once, a dock person working the baggage area, ask to see the ticket. otherwise, NCL doesn't ask for it.

do take the print-outs of the on-line registration...it save answering several questions if they have a problem with their system.

once you get to know all the rules and what-not, you only really need to print the ticket page...and (maybe) your copy of the ticket page. all the other pages for information only and not needed to anyone by yourself.

fyi: you don't really need the ticket...usually the only people that ask for it is (maybe) a security guard. once, a dock person working the baggage area, ask to see the ticket. otherwise, NCL doesn't ask for it.

do take the print-outs of the on-line registration...it save answering several questions if they have a problem with their system.

They have asked for it on every recent cruise I've taken. I've handed in the one page of the packet that serves as the actual "ticket" to the person doing the check in. This is one of those things that can vary from port to port, I suspect. Better to have that page if it is needed than not. If you look closely at the edocs you'll see there are two copies of that page...with the one the passenger keeps being marked as the "passenger copy".

I'm kinda confused here by your statements. The dock worker could care less about your cruise ticket. All he wants to know is what ship you are on and have the approriate luggage tags. (which he will povide if you have none) NCL, on the other hand, DOES want to see your cruise documents and a photo ID.

i've told this story before...but when we were going on the star, to alaska...in seattle, a "huffy" lady at the x-ray machine must have been new, she was NOT a ncl worker. we took our luggage to the drop off and she gave us attitude. we had our tickets and our ID, when she tried to staple our birth certificates to our tickets, she got my "attitude" when i grabbed the birth certifcates back. at the NCL check-in NO ONE asked to see our tickets, only our IDs and BCs. there was only 1 ship in port and only NCL used that dock.

in new orleans, we got off the elevators (from the parking garage) and there was a security guard in front of the check-in doors. he had people scrambling to find their tickets, he was NOT going to let people through until they showed him the tickets. people were on the floor with their luggage open, one lady was crying...wives and hubby were yelling at each other ("i thought you had them")we had ours...as we walked through the doors, another security person was watching what was going on and was on the radio. NCL had their own people at the door, just asking if you were lattitude, suites or not. the NCL spirit was the only ship in port that day.

that's why i tell people to print the ticket page, just to get around people like those 2 and save yourself from starting a vacation upset.

This was the exact question I had today. We leave for LA tomorrow, and I went to print docs... it was 11 pages and I was like "REALLY?" What is the point of EDOCS if I have to print this (TWICE for two reservation numbers.)

I will bring the first couple of pages of each---

This was the exact question I had today. We leave for LA tomorrow, and I went to print docs... it was 11 pages and I was like "REALLY?" What is the point of EDOCS if I have to print this (TWICE for two reservation numbers.)

I will bring the first couple of pages of each---

If I rmember correctly, page 3 is the actual "ticket".

It will say so on the upper left hand of the page. Most of the stuff they send in the info package is just that. It's for your information.

If I rmember correctly, page 3 is the actual "ticket".

It will say so on the upper left hand of the page. Most of the stuff they send in the info package is just that. It's for your information.

Whatever pages I printed seemed to have relevant information... :) BUT THANKS for mentioning this; I will check before we leave

It would be great if they would put out a notice that we DONT need the print out- it would save TONS of paper

if someone hasn't cruised before, it's a good idea to at least read it. so many people don't and then get upset about something on the cruise...something covered by the cruise contract.

it's just that you don't NEED to print it or take it with you, just the page marked "cruise ticket". (and then, mostly, for the over-zealous dock worker who is on a power-trip :eek:)

Archived