When is too early?

moonandsun

We are booked for March 6th on the Liberty. First time on this ship we are so excited. I am already packed, is that crazy? It seems I always "forget" something so this way, when I remember I am still home to get it. I also took the advice of many, pack what clothes you want then take out half and just take what is left. 7 day cruise plus day travel before and after and it is all on two regular size suit cases. Yea me.......:D

I have been wanting to pack for the last 6 months, but have held myself back. Only 23 days now so I'd better get started! I am trying to limit myself to one checked bag and 1 small carryon for 7 days plus one travel day and overnight in Miami. My plan is to limit myself to 4 pairs of shoes. or 5. Water shopes don't count, right? Maybe 6 if they do count... :D

We are booked for March 6th on the Liberty. First time on this ship we are so excited. I am already packed, is that crazy? It seems I always "forget" something so this way, when I remember I am still home to get it. I also took the advice of many, pack what clothes you want then take out half and just take what is left. 7 day cruise plus day travel before and after and it is all on two regular size suit cases. Yea me.......:D

I get excited and pack early too. We have a cruise booked for 10/12/2010 and haven't starting packing yet, ha ha. Just don't forget your passports!

We will pack a the day we do laundry a few days before heading out... although, we may slip our dress clothes in a bag well before then as neither of use have any reason to dress up on a regular basis.

I LOVE non iron dress shirts!

Already packed for a March 2010 cruise? yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif Funny!:D

What I do is make a packing list. I put it in an Excel worksheet and as I think of things I want to bring, I type them on list. I group the list by each day and by outfits. Then about a week before the cruise, I start packing. I put EVERYTHING on the list too..(Passport, cash, camera, power strip, etc. etc...) I print the list and have it handy to check-off items as I pack them.

I packed at 330 am for a 7am same day flight for our cruise last month:D

My GF starts shopping for new outfits about 3 months out :)

I've got to do that too. I have until May but I've lost a gob of weight and my shorts just sort of fall down now.

My Sister and I leave on the Dream in Feb. My sister has been packed and has her cases in my spare room, sense July :D ( But she has cruise clothes, and a list) She didn't want to have to checked bags for her flight From MT to OR, where we will be spending one night then off we will go the next morning (All Day) flight to FL. it is getting close now... I am waiting till after Christmas to pack. Just because the gifts are all on the bed that I would use for the suit case :p

So to answer the question. Nope you are NOT crazy... Or maybe we all are?

My wife and I pack the day before. If you start dragging out crap in advance you'll overpack. You'll see. Then you have no room for bottles. :Deat-drink-smiley-7853.gif

Exactly! Bottles are the first item that I pack. Clothes are not always necessary....bottles normally are. :)

As stated in another post, I too have a packing list already on my computer. However my packing list is for any type of vacation, winter, spring, summer, fall. I have items on it from bathing suits to winter coats and gloves. I also have every incidental such as passport, airline tickets, maps (in case of driving) etc. This way any time of the year and any type of trip is covered. Then I print it out and cross off what I don't need. I never miss anything. I even have things on my list in case we travel with the grandkids (game boy, coloring books etc). About a month prior to the trip, I will print out the list and then plan what outfits I will be taking. I also check to make sure I have sun screen etc. Then I pack the week of.

Have fun

Linda

I'm leaving Saturday and I just got my luggage out yesterday. I'm going to start to pack Monday. One thing I always do is leave my old carnival luggage tag on my suitcase when I put them away. I'll take the old one off Monday too.

We've been on two 7-night cruises (Princess). There's two of us. We took 7 suitcases :p but that included a duffel bag and train case (makeup). I swear, we wore everything and used nearly everything, including the duct tape :D

Mallie (who's going to try really hard to keep this 4 day cruise down to 4 suitcases!)

I get excited and pack early too. We have a cruise booked for 10/12/2010 and haven't starting packing yet, ha ha. Just don't forget your passports!

Thats funny! I had a dream the other night that we were at the airport, ready to fly out and then I remembered the passports.... not a fun dream! I was sure happy when I woke up though!

Mike

I emptied a bottom drawer and started "packing" in that at the end of summer(winter cruise). I would have too much cat hair on anything in my house if I just set stuff out, and if a suitcase was out, I would find a cat somewhere in the Caribbean:eek:. I've done the list, done outfits by day, and will continue to cut what is in the drawer, like this shirt goes with this and this, leave one shirt behind. etc. Have a great cruise.

I've got to do that too. I have until May but I've lost a gob of weight and my shorts just sort of fall down now.

So hopefully you are talking about the clothes that is what you need to do not my procrastination of packing:obut it does keep me from overpacking

Congrats on losing the weight but I think I found it :D

we ve alway s laid out the suitcases a week in advance..but, don t usually start putting anything into them till a couple nights befor hand..

When we leave for the plane we'll be in big winter coats. On the ground in Miami, those are dead weight. Wish there was a way to ditch the coat since we'll already be caring lot's of baggage.

There are some really sweet deals on coats right now, and they will get even cheaper after Christmas. If you could pick one up cheap enough, well---you could ditch it in Miami! Don't rule out Goodwill stores if you have them in your area for picking up coats for a good price.

When I pack away my summer clothes for the winter I leave a "tub" in my closet with clothes, bathing suits, sandals etc. that I would need for a warm weather, winter getaway.

We pack the day before we leave. The less time the clothes are in the suitcase the less wrinkles they have. Pack too early and you will never get wrinkles out, even if you roll or put tissue paper.

We never wear coats to warmer climates. We layer! I would wear a short sleeved T-shirt, long sleeved shirt over it, a hoodie/sweatshirt and a light jacket. This way you can "strip" as needed and you wont have to take up suitcase space with a sweatshirt or jacket that you would normaly pack for chilly nights.

Archived