booking cruise online

ozcaz

Hi All

We have done two cruises. One on RCL and one on Carnival. We have booked both through travel agents and was told its cheaper to book online. Is this true? Does anyone know a good online agent? We are in Australia but i dont think that should make any difference.

Thinking about trip in June just not sure where yet.

Caz

Caz, I don't think I would ever book a cruise on line. I need to have someone to interact with. We prefer to book directly with RCCL. As you get closer to your cruise date things may change, and it's so much easier dealing directly with RCCL, rather that a third party.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Rollie

The way online agencies work is that they show you an absolutely unbeatable price! Woo hoo!!

But the price, after you examine your total package reveals itself to be the ruse that it is. For every dollar you save, you are sacrficing something somewhere else. A better seat, a larger cabin, non-stop instead of 3 layovers, a hotel room overlooking the sewerage treatment plant instead of the boulevard.

Online booking agencies are for people who just want to tell their friends they got something cheap. And they will spend the rest of the vacation trying to make up the mistake.

The way online agencies work is that they show you an absolutely unbeatable price! Woo hoo!!

But the price, after you examine your total package reveals itself to be the ruse that it is. For every dollar you save, you are sacrficing something somewhere else. A better seat, a larger cabin, non-stop instead of 3 layovers, a hotel room overlooking the sewerage treatment plant instead of the boulevard.

Online booking agencies are for people who just want to tell their friends they got something cheap. And they will spend the rest of the vacation trying to make up the mistake.

So you're saying that if someone books their cruise with an online agency and gets a better price rather than booking direct, they're going to get an inferior cabin? Or are you suggesting that if you book direct, you automatically get a bigger and better cabin than if you used an online agency?

I think what's being offered as advice is to book directly with the cruiseline for prices, availability, location..and most importantly the total control you will have with your booking.. If you use a website related agent there are many things you should be aware of and cautious about... Read the fine print and know what can, when and cannot be done for you well in advance...When it comes to airlines...book directly with the carriers website use www.seatguru.com for info about seating locations on the carrier you will be flying...You can usually be your best agent rather than an unknown 3rd party...Good luck with whatever you decide will work out best for you !!

So you're saying that if someone books their cruise with an online agency and gets a better price rather than booking direct, they're going to get an inferior cabin? Or are you suggesting that if you book direct, you automatically get a bigger and better cabin than if you used an online agency?

My comments weren't written in a foreign language. :)

I book with an online CRUISE website that gives free gratuities on RCCL

They are open everday I get price drops and I can talk to anyone in the office and they help me

I do recommend

My comments weren't written in a foreign language. :)

You know, it can sometimes be difficult to fully comprehend the meaning behind posts on a bulletin board. So I attempted to have you clarify your remark. Just so I could get it clear in my mind exactly what you were saying. To be honest, I didn't really believe that someone could actually believe that booking a cruise with an agency will get them a cabin that is inferior to one they could receive had they only booked directly with the cruise line. After all, you seem like an intelligent person.

But thanks for clearing it up :)

ozcaz, there are only two ways I would book a cruise, thru our Travel Agent or directly thru the Cruise Lines. This is a heavily discussed subject, regarding TA's or Cruise lines. In my personal opinion, by booking either with a TA or the Cruise lines, you will have more of a personal contact, plus better control over your booking. We use a local TA, so she and her staff have come to know how wishes, and offer us that direct contact. I go into her office when I am ready and meet with her or an associate. They call the cruise lines while I am there. Should we have an issue, I can contact my TA and she will personally contact the cruise lines and resolve the situation.

Archived