Cabin Selection?? Under the Buffet

dasey

Just booked the May 9th sailing on the Conquest and was given "best cabin selection" which was Deck 8, midship #8360. Will the buffet on deck 9 create much noise that I should change cabins? Please help, I want a great vacation but want to sleep late and not be interrupted by dining activities. Help please!!!

Thanks

Rhonda

IF the Carnival web site offers you a certain selection of cabins it does NOT mean that others are not available in that same price category. When I didn't like the locations that the computer offered me I just called Carnival directly and asked for a specific location. There was no problem getting the exact one I wanted. If it were me I'd be one deck lower on 7,just in case.

Thanks for the comments, I was a little nervous about the placement but by reading these, we should not have any major problems. I like the idea of being close to the occasional snack I might want.

If anyone else has comments, please post for me!!

Thanks again to all,

Rhonda

I was on the Miracle 2 years ago and I was not under the buffet but under the pool where the chair would slide in and out all night long. The buffet is carpeted. If I had had to do it again I would pick under the buffet. Hope this helps.

I was on the Miracle 2 years ago and I was not under the buffet but under the pool where the chair would slide in and out all night long. The buffet is carpeted. If I had had to do it again I would pick under the buffet. Hope this helps.

I had the same problem on another cruiseline...the chairs were moved all night long and i never slept...you should change your cabin and have rooms above you and rooms below you.

I had the same problem on another cruiseline...the chairs were moved all night long and i never slept...you should change your cabin and have rooms above you and rooms below you.

being under the pool deck is not the same as being under the area of the buffet.-which is carpeted---in most sections.

We were in 8380 on the Conquest in April of 2009 and we would hear a little noise as they were setting up the buffet in the morning, specifically we would hear them rolling a couple of heavy carts early in the morning. Other than that we heard no noise from the buffet area. We enjoyed the room so much that we are booked 8350 next November. Enjoy your cruise and don't worry about the noise!

I am so grateful to your comments, I am much more at ease hearing from you all. We are gonna keep these cabins and have a great time. A little noise will not spoil our cruise and the idea of having food and drinks soo close will make up for it. Thanks again for all your help..

If anyone has some helpful/secret tips about the Conquest to increase our fun, please let me know!!

Rhonda

• 3 weeks later...

okay, I checked out SeeUonboard and she listed one cabin over from our kids cabin as a noisy cabin. So on the Conquest, we have balcony 8360 nd an inside 8356. Please help calm my fears of this inside cabin or should I try to change cabins. If I change one I will want to change the other as well. They had two cabins close together on Deck 8 but they were under the risers on the Lido deck. How would that be?? Please help!!!

okay, I checked out SeeUonboard and she listed one cabin over from our kids cabin as a noisy cabin. So on the Conquest, we have balcony 8360 nd an inside 8356. Please help calm my fears of this inside cabin or should I try to change cabins. If I change one I will want to change the other as well. They had two cabins close together on Deck 8 but they were under the risers on the Lido deck. How would that be?? Please help!!!

the best deck is the Empress. and yes one cabin in either direction can make a world of difference. In the other direction forward those cabins are under the grill kitchen--which can get noisy-- but it is not opened 24 hours--like the pizza kitchen. Your cabins are fine--and I hope you did not make changes. You are under (quite near an entrance to the buffet which is carpeted so you are fine.

I am so glad you replied. I have searched many threads and saw your great advice and suggestions, so i was hoping I would hear from you. I even added you as a friend, something I never knew you could do, and NO, i am not a stalker just really worried about the cabins and wanted good advice. BUT I will not worry anymore and have a great time preparing and actually cruising soon!!! Thanks again, Serene56!!!

Rhonda:)

Archived