30 nights above the Explorer's Lounge - Will it be noisy?

deadzone1003

Just sign up for a b2b for a total of 30 days aboard the Star Princess. My cabin will be E502 and it will be above the Explorer's Lounge. How noisy will it be? E502 appears to be mostly above the men's room with part of the cabin being above the actual lounge area. Has anyone ever stayed in E502?

We want to be in the middle of the ship. The only other cabins in the middle of the ship in a similar catergory are right by the elevators, but those cabins could be just as noisy.

Even though I haven't stayed in one, I don't imagine the cabins above Explorer's would be that noisey. If they were, they'd get complaints on EVERY cruise. I have stayed next to the elevators though, and never heard a thing!!

Dear Dead Zone,

I consider myself a pretty good sleeper, and have had residual noise with cabins on deck 8 on two Princess ships. On the Golden we were right over the Explorers Lounge and recently on the Island we were over one of the show lounges. What you hear (feel) is vibration, probably from the bass. It isn't terrible, but we both could definitely hear it. Since you said you aren't directly over it, maybe it won;t be that bad. On the Island we were over the show lounge where the Adrian Zmed show was performed, and on the nights the late show was performed you could definitely hear it!

Archived