Live Silver Spirit Maiden TA Crossing

DebbieH103

Lynn and I are booked from 2-20 Dec aboard Silver Spirit in the Caribbean. We'll be in 802 this time. Hope some of you from the Maiden T/A can join us. By the way, Captain Corsaro will go on vacation for 8 weeks at the end of Jan 2011.

• 2 weeks later...
For those of you that are Facebook users, here is a link to our Silver Spirit Maiden Crossing Photo album. Host Dan gave me the thumbs up to post the link. Enjoy please:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/photo.php?pid=30734691&id=1039868706

Hi ColonelWes

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I was away when this was posted and I'm just trying to catch up with my reading:). I've tried this link a number of times and it doesn't seem to work any more. Can you pls direct me to the right spot on Facebook - would really love to see the pics?

Thankx

Jennifer (ging466)

Jennifer, no worries, hope the link below works, just copied from FB (they have

redisgned the FB homepage, maybe this is why the original link does not now work)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/album.php?aid=2038208&id=1039868706

Many thankx ColonelWes...I will try this at home tonight. Facebook is blocked at work (for obvious reasons):D

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

I am not on board, but I took some pictures of Silver Spirit at Rio de Janeiro Port today (Feb. 13, 2010). It is posted in the Photo Gallery.

If anyone is having trouble finding them, here are the links:

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showphoto.php?photo=14551

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showphoto.php?photo=14550

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

• 2 months later...
Lord; Please go back to your favorite Seabourn and stop slamming everything about SS. If you have questions we'll be happy to answer them, but we don't need your negativity when you haven't even been there and done that. As for irishteddybear's post relative to service in the Panorama Lounge in the evening, we're there every evening and have not experience any lapse in service. If the lounge is crowded, which it sometimes is before dinner, you may have a short wait to get your drink, but I wouldn't just sit there and wait for someone to offer when it's crowded. As my Mom used to say, "You have a mouth- ask!" When I've seen minor glitches in service, such as understaffing at certain times in certain spaces I've privately talked to Helmut(F&B Manager) about it. They want pax to do that. As my friend, Wes, says, and I know from my Navy career, "Praise in public, but criticize in private." It's Wed morning and another beautiful, calm, warm day at sea. The Venetian Society affair on the pool deck last evening was well attended and it was very well done. 95% of those aboard are members; very few first timers.

If I might add my two cents worth. As we plan for our first cruise on board the Silversea, we appreciate both the good and bad comments. Please keep both coming. That is why Cruise Critic is so helpful- i.e. based on the information some of you have provided we had our TA move our suite from the noisy 644 to 624- A BIG THANKS on that complaint; and certainly will add an electrical outlet bar to my packings

Appears everyone is having great time and we can't wait until our cruise in October. It will be most interesting for us to compare the small luxury ship to the Queen Mary 2 (Queen & Grill Class), Crystal Symphony, and the Oceania, the latter being a big surprise to us on our recent around South America back to back cruise

DEAN

Silversea does not provide such measurement data and their sales staff do not know the answer. We do provide information -- our own measurements whenever we have any chance to be on any ship (too cumbersome to list here all our previous postings on this board). Those who have read our previous postings through the years all know that we provide the most measurements on this board, perhaps the hosts will testify to this!

Here is one example, can you find one more informative and detailed anywhere?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=112477&highlight=mexican+riviera

Might I support Meow. I have encountered her on other threads and she certainly provides informative and helpful measurements

DEAN

Received our SS 2011 Voyages brochure yesterday. It's very nicely done and I find it to be much more definitive than the 2010 brochure; especially for Silver Spirit. I does show suites 701 and 702 as Royal suites now and the pricing is included for them. Had an e-mail from Capt. Corsaro and he is in NYC. He'll resume command of Spirit in Halifax on 27 April.

Archived