Live Silver Spirit Maiden TA Crossing

DebbieH103

Just a few comments before the arrival into FLL starts. Dinner last night with Captain Corsaro was a lot of fun. Just casual conversation and lots of laughs. He did, in fact, just want to wind down after a day filled with meetings. I guess he felt comfortable doing that with Wes/Ida, Lynn/me and Emmy. We felt honored that he chose to relax with us. He offered to have us stay aboard until Thursday at no cost, so that we could be present for the ceremony. He even said that SS would rearrange our flights. Unfortunately, we had to decline, because we're otherwise committed. If you book a Royal, Grand, or Owners suite be advised that the additional perk of dinner in Le Champagne for two one night during the cruise does not include the wine pairing; just the basic dinner. Have a great day!

To Spook1. Thanks for your reply. We were neighbors. I grew up on Amalfi, spent my youth at Rustic Canyon Park, Canyon Elementary and opened Palisades High. My brother graduated from Uni in 1961. You will love seeing the Odyssey. It's really beautiful. The Verandas are wonderful with clear rails and the suites have more storage than you could possibly imagine. We can't wait to board the Spirit next week.

To Spook1. Thanks for your reply. We were neighbors. I grew up on Amalfi, spent my youth at Rustic Canyon Park, Canyon Elementary and opened Palisades High. My brother graduated from Uni in 1961. You will love seeing the Odyssey. It's really beautiful. The Verandas are wonderful with clear rails and the suites have more storage than you could possibly imagine. We can't wait to board the Spirit next week.

Your brother was ten years behind me; I gradutated W'51. Our track team was undefeated' I was sprinter and member of 8 man mile relay and we were also unbeated until the City Finals in Coliseum where we (the Pillsbury 8) took the bronze behind Jefferson and Manual Arts. Youthful memories...State Beach body surfing, Santa Monica Canyon hamburgers, Westwood Village, Simmons' Drive-in at Santa Monica and Wilshire Blvds. Left in early '61 and haven't been back.

Have a wonderful cruise.:cool::cool:

What's nice is that with the Silver Spirit and the new Seabourn ships we all have lots more great choices. I am embarking on the Odyssey for 53 days on Thursday but am already trying to figure out when to sail on the Spirit. Tough choice but someone's gotta make it!!!!

Just to be sure - make dinner reservations when we board for Seishin, LeChampagne and Stone Grill. What about Star's? Do they require a reserved table? Spa reservations can be reserved online 30 days before our cruise correct? Linda

What's nice is that with the Silver Spirit and the new Seabourn ships we all have lots more great choices. I am embarking on the Odyssey for 53 days on Thursday but am already trying to figure out when to sail on the Spirit. Tough choice but someone's gotta make it!!!!

Amen to that. We're 99 44/100% sure we're returning to the Spirit in March.

Just to be sure - make dinner reservations when we board for Seishin, LeChampagne and Stone Grill. What about Star's? Do they require a reserved table? Spa reservations can be reserved online 30 days before our cruise correct? Linda

STARS does require reservations but they're pretty good about seating you if they have a table even with a res.

Wil & Craig..happy belated anniversary...we also had the delicious Boat wine (beychevelle) Sun nite paired with Steak Diane.

Absolutely, wonderful crossing--due to the super people we met onboard (fellow Pax, Officers & crew). Was especially nice to meet and develop our cruise critic friendships with Doug/lynn, (Cashipman/MuseCruiser)Criag/Wil, (well seasoned)Dieter/Debbie, Gary/Carol, Jim/Valerie, Malcomb/Jean,

Joanne/Phil, Nick/Maria, Dusababy (Maryann) and it was also extra special to meet and develop friends we met on the Spirit. Hope well seasoned (Dieter and Debbie) continue to have a wonderful Spirit experience and (Dieter) pls post about the Spirit inaugural ceremony.

Although the 19th is Craig's and my anniversary we decided to celebrate it on the 18th as we're traveling on the 19th with me going to NYC for work and Craig going to our home in Chicago.

Happy Anniversary today and safe travels to both of you! I have really enjoyed the posts by both of you. Thanks!

PS Today is my birthday and I also live in Chicago. Small world!

Just a few comments before the arrival into FLL starts. Dinner last night with Captain Corsaro was a lot of fun. Just casual conversation and lots of laughs. He did, in fact, just want to wind down after a day filled with meetings. I guess he felt comfortable doing that with Wes/Ida, Lynn/me and Emmy. We felt honored that he chose to relax with us. He offered to have us stay aboard until Thursday at no cost, so that we could be present for the ceremony. He even said that SS would rearrange our flights. Unfortunately, we had to decline, because we're otherwise committed. If you book a Royal, Grand, or Owners suite be advised that the additional perk of dinner in Le Champagne for two one night during the cruise does not include the wine pairing; just the basic dinner. Have a great day!

Wish Captain Corsaro had invited us to stay onboard for the naming ceremony but perhaps it's because we didn't try to monopolise him for most of the voyage!!!

Although we considered it a good cruise there were a lot of technical and SERVICE issues that need resolving.

Well, last night I typed in the entire letter that I sent to Silversea management and posted it here, but it has disappeared. Don't know if Host Dan moved it to another board, but I can't find it and I'm not going to type it all again(2 type written pages). Just for info, Mauro Mazzola, the Chief Engineer, is leaving after the ceremony today for a well deserved vacation. He's been with the ship since the keel was laid. Also, Paolo Percivale, the Hotel Director, leaves for a 2 month vacation when the ship gets to Barbados. He really needs a vacation as well.

Lord, is that kind of comment really necessary? Why don't we leave it to those who were really onboard to comment about what went on during the voyage rather than those who may have wished they were onboard; with respect, of course.

Those onboard are the people that I have been speaking to.

Shame we can't see Dougs post as it could prove interesting.

Well, last night I typed in the entire letter that I sent to Silversea management and posted it here, but it has disappeared. Don't know if Host Dan moved it to another board, but I can't find it and I'm not going to type it all again(2 type written pages). Just for info, Mauro Mazzola, the Chief Engineer, is leaving after the ceremony today for a well deserved vacation. He's been with the ship since the keel was laid. Also, Paolo Percivale, the Hotel Director, leaves for a 2 month vacation when the ship gets to Barbados. He really needs a vacation as well.

Well rats Doug! I've been looking forward to your always unbiased and objective observations. If your report is found -- please let me know.

And to all the CC frequent floaters I met on board -- it was a pleasure! Always fun to put a face to a post.

Doug and Lyn -- your hospitality in hosting the wonderful get acquainted cocktail party in the Grand Suite was most appreciated. I hope to meet you again on another Silversea cruise.

Dusababy (aka Mary Ann)

Just finished watching the ceremony on the Silver Spirit blog. Too bad it was a bit windy, but the ceremony was very nice. Tried to pick out Dieter and Debbie and Emmy in the crowd, but no luck. To you both and to Emmy just remember "Nanu Nanu!"

Host Dan; Since it's a rainy day in PHX what I am willing to do is retype my letter to SS in Microsoft Word and e-mail it to you as an attachment You can then read it and post it if you think it's appropriate. Are you willing to do that?

Host Dan; Since it's a rainy day in PHX what I am willing to do is retype my letter to SS in Microsoft Word and e-mail it to you as an attachment You can then read it and post it if you think it's appropriate. Are you willing to do that?

Sure!!

Host Dan

Just finished watching the ceremony on the Silver Spirit blog. Too bad it was a bit windy, but the ceremony was very nice. Tried to pick out Dieter and Debbie and Emmy in the crowd, but no luck. To you both and to Emmy just remember "Nanu Nanu!"

Doug,

I thought that the ceremony was dull.Not much of a show.These things are better done at night with fireworks, normally before the ship makes it's first voyage.

Doug,

I thought that the ceremony was dull.Not much of a show.These things are better done at night with fireworks, normally before the ship makes it's first voyage.

Nothing to do with Silversea but if you ever get the chance to lay your hands on the ceremony DVD for Queen Victoria don't pass it up. A true epic Cunard production. I didn't see Silversea Spirit.

Archived