Got the upgrade call!

minncruisers

For an additional $600 total we could have upgraded from a balcony to a suite but DH declined.:(

That walk-in closet, sitting area, double vanity, whirlpool tub, larger balcony and going to the front of the line for embarkation sounded wonderful.:rolleyes: Please tell me we did the right thing. I want to cry.

For an additional $600 total we could have upgraded from a balcony to a suite but DH declined.:(

That walk-in closet, sitting area, double vanity, whirlpool tub, larger balcony and going to the front of the line for embarkation sounded wonderful.:rolleyes: Please tell me we did the right thing. I want to cry.

Upgraded from what... to a suite??? I wouldn't pay anything extra to upgrade unless it was an aftwrap.. had a suite and really not worth it to us..as we cruise to see the sea... the inside of the cabin doesn't do it for us.. the balcony does.. and the balcony for the suites are not that much bigger than a reg balcony.. just a tad longer..

Why did he decline? Was it $600 for just the two of you?

Yes, $600 for both. He declined because he's cheap.:o Actually, he was just being the voice of reason. We could use the money on drinks and other stuff on the cruise, I 'spose. *sigh*

Upgraded from what... to a suite??? I wouldn't pay anything extra to upgrade unless it was an aftwrap.. had a suite and really not worth it to us..as we cruise to see the sea... the inside of the cabin doesn't do it for us.. the balcony does.. and the balcony for the suites are not that much bigger than a reg balcony.. just a tad longer..

You're making me feel better. :)

All the perks sounds wonderful but I personally know that I could not afford that. The $600 is about what I have left in the budget for my S&S card. I would rather have a few more DoD's or pictures than a nicer room. But thats just my opinion.

Yes, $600 for both. He declined because he's cheap.:o Actually, he was just being the voice of reason. We could use the money on drinks and other stuff on the cruise, I 'spose. *sigh*

or better yet put the extra $600 down on another cruise it would be a great start at paying off that first person faster!!! It's all on the way you see it. We do cheap cabins to afford more $$ to spent on the cruise. If I was not into socailizing on the ship or doing excursions I would do the better room but for that kind of $$ I woud feel like I had to be in it to make it worth while.

or better yet put the extra $600 down on another cruise it would be a great start at paying off that first person faster!!! It's all on the way you see it. We do cheap cabins to afford more $$ to spent on the cruise. If I was not into socailizing on the ship or doing excursions I would do the better room but for that kind of $$ I woud feel like I had to be in it to make it worth while.

Excellent idea! Thanks!:D

He isn't cheap at all. He's being logical. You still eat the same food and get to the same ports. Think of it as extra money to spend.

We sail "inside" all the time (has nothing to do with ability to afford)....and then I buy myself a nice piece of jewelry as a souvenir of the trip.

The cabin is only a memory....but the "bauble" is something I own and will remember the trip whenever I wear it!

Just my opinion........

In my opinion your DH did what I would do too! Sad to say but the voice of reason in me would also think of what all I could do with the $600! Last year for our 12 day Mediterranean we did get a call from the upgrade fairy and got a mid ship inside stateroom to an AFT balcony for $220 per person!! Even though a suite would be great but for me it would have to be a give away! Have a great trip and enjoy every second! :D

Our first cruise in '08 we had a room on the front of the ship on the Empress deck. They called it "obstructed View". We got a really good deal on the room and didn't know what we were getting for sure. Turns out, my wife and I both REALLY like the rooms there. It is only steps from a door out to the front deck. Literally 10 steps. In '09 we went with a balcony for our 20th anniversary. I had heard the balcony is worth it and heard it's not. For us, it wasn't. We were hardly in the room except to sleep and shower. Our cruise in march this year, we booked the obstructed view again on the Empress deck. I would rather have the money to spend on excursions and DoD's. Maybe we will try the interior next year. I will decline upsell unless it's less than a few drinks and we know thats not gonna happen.

I'm hoping for an upgrade call form a balcony to suite as well, but for $600 I wouldn't have taken it either. It'll have to be quite a bit cheaper than that.

We had a 9a balcony but not the wrap and we go upgraded to a suite with no extra cost.:D

OP....I'm sure you feel better now!!!

Carnival Platinum Cruiser......We love our kitties too. They are chocolate points sisters. We adopted them from a shelter after we lost our one year old blue point due to Nutro pet food. They had a recall but their product was sold for six months with way too much zinc. Ours had almost 2000 ppm versus the 250 ppm they advertise on the bag. We have three others that ate the food. One was ill for quite some time and we really don't know the lasting effects. If you have any pets please stay away from Nutro products and let your friends and family know also. Take a look at their complaints on consumer affairs and you will be astounded. :(

Happy cruising everyone! :)

We sail with 4 in a balcony cabin all the time, and there is enough room. Having 2 in a balcony cabin would be heaven! For $600, I also would have turned down the upsell. Considering the only thing you really get with the suite is priority embark/debark, I wouldn't waste the money.

I was offered an upsell from an ov to a balcony for $278 I turned it down because it is $250 to upgrade at Carnival's site. I mentioned this to the guy and he said that this was the best offer he has.

Archived