Need Info on Hilton Shuttle FCO to Rome

shoesonfire

We will be going from ship to FCO day before early a.m. flight and would like to know how good is the Hilton Hotel and their shuttle service into Rome and what they charge. We'd like to use the time to spend the day in Rome using the hotel shuttle instead of using train.

Thanks ahead of time!

I am confused about your question. Are you talking about going on a shuttle form the pier to the Airport Hilton near FCO. I was under the impression they did not have a shuttle. It a long way. Private drivers will charge close to 100 to 110+/- Euros. And the hotel is not near the City.

I don't know if there is a charge to use the shuttle for Hilton guests, I would've thought it was complimentary.

From what I read on Tripadvisor, the shuttle departs the hotel starting at 8am and every two hours thereafter. It drops you off about an hour later in Piazza Venezia (near the Forum/Colloseum, Victor Emanuelle monument, etc). The last shuttle back to the hotel is at 11pm. Hope this helps.

no charge....

drop off is near the forum, and not too far from the Jewish Ghetto & the river. Returns from the same drop off point on the half hour. At 3:30.. 5:30 & 7:30 (those were the only ones we were interested in... and that was on a Sunday). It's a huge bus, so no worries abt the bus getting filled up.

Surprisingly... the driver was not looking for a tip.. It's the Italian way?????

Definitately do it, as the train is 11 Euros one way. for 2 of us ... that's 44 Euros or abt $65. That's an awful lot of pizza & gelato. :)

Definitely, if you're paying for the Hilton, take advantage of the free shuttle.

(There is a train option that is half the price quoted above, and offers more options regarding stops in Rome. The regional trains are Euro 5,50 each way and stop in Rome at Trastevere and Ostiense.)

From the descriptions above, the shuttle stop in Rome hasn't changed in the five years since we used it. The stop is on Via del Teatro Marcello, near the intersection of Via Montanara, for those who want to pinpoint it on a map.

does the Hilton Garden Airport offer complimentary shuttle into centre of rome as well?

They(HGI) did not have a complimentary shuttle last summer. I would suggest that you check the Hilton website for up to the date info on both the Hilton Garden Inn and the Airport Hilton. We have always stayed at the airport Hilton and used the complimentary shuttle with ease. I emailed them last summer and they sent the current schedule and drop off location. We have been using them for years and the drop off has changed from years ago. It had been closer to the Capitoline Hill and last summer it was closer to the Mouth of Truth--not too far from original stop. I always email them directly to get the current plan and they will respond very quickly.

Getting input from fellow CC'ers is great to check the ease and reliability from their experience, but contact hotel directly for details and to check on changes. That way you can map out your "game plan" for the day.

The executive lounge is also wonderful- complimentary breakfast and evening heavy hors d'oeuvres and drinks(alcohol inc,) I think they have a change of offerings throughout the day, but we are in Rome exploring.

• 7 months later...

Just returned from airport Hilton and they run this shuttle into Rome every couple of hours as described above.

There is no charge for Hilton guests to use it, however they do specify that there is no guarantee you'll get a seat going or on the return. The bus seats 52 and there were a lot of people lining up for it when I was there on the weekend.

They also run a shuttle to the town (same name as the airport) in the evening. 8pm with return at about 11 pm. Nice little seaside town with good, inexpensive restaurants. We ate lunch at one of them and had some delicious seafood and pasta.

Hotel food prices were very expensive, but you can also buy food and drinks for less in the airport terminal, an easy walk from the hotel. The hotel also has ice available on each floor.

Check in line ups were very long and very inefficient, but you have the convenience of being close to the terminal.

The shuttle schedules are on the cardboard folder your room key comes in.

so staying at the airport is not such a downer at all with the 2 shuttles -- perhaps rather than one night in rome and one at the airport (pre-flight) we could just stay both nights there and not have to move, yet still enjoy time in Rome?

so staying at the airport is not such a downer at all with the 2 shuttles -- perhaps rather than one night in rome and one at the airport (pre-flight) we could just stay both nights there and not have to move, yet still enjoy time in Rome?

I'm thinking of doing just that. We've been to Rome twice and staying at the Hilton just seems easier right now......

...The bus seats 52 and there were a lot of people lining up for it when I was there on the weekend.

I have to echo this comment. We were on the second to last run from Rome to the Hilton on a Saturday night. It was a free for all. There was no one there to monitor who got to the bus door first. I would suggest having an alternate plan to take the train if you don't make it onto the bus.

And keep an eye on the Hilton rates. We booked for 35,000 points this Aug. and I now see it is up to 40,000.

If paying the rate we saw when we booked was 300euro per night, but a couple of weeks before we traveled the same room was 185euro/night/king room (no meals).

we loved the hilton, shuttle is FREE every two hours pick up, the hotel is in the airport.. hooks up by way of a walk(long)way. we actually ate dinner aat the airport(cheap). took the cruise line transfer to the port. they have the BEST breakfast ever at the hilton.........

we are staying there one night precruise...and are supposed to have transfers with the cruise line since we have custom air with them...but there is some kind of rule that if you stay one day before you forfeit the transfers..we are really bummed about that...

what did your cruise line charge you for transfers?

we are staying there one night precruise...and are supposed to have transfers with the cruise line since we have custom air with them...but there is some kind of rule that if you stay one day before you forfeit the transfers..we are really bummed about that...

what did your cruise line charge you for transfers?

We did a land trip this year, but will be staying at the Hilton again pre cruise in May 2011.

I didn't know about this rule you mention above. Last year for our Br. Isles cruise, we did our own air arrangements, stayed in London 2 nights pre cruise, and used Princess transfers from Victoria Station to Southampton pier. My TA arranged the transfers and there wasn't any issues at all.

For next year's cruise I think we are going to arrange a private/shared van or taxi to get from Hilton to port and then use the Princess transfers after the cruise to get to the airport. (if you price the cruise on Princess website or another online agency you can see what the transfers will cost you) For me: Civitavecchia to FCO-one way the Princess transfer is $67.20 Can. per person.

dog:)

I have to echo this comment. We were on the second to last run from Rome to the Hilton on a Saturday night. It was a free for all. There was no one there to monitor who got to the bus door first. I would suggest having an alternate plan to take the train if you don't make it onto the bus.

We will use this schuttle on Sept. 18th.Was there enough room for everyone to get on the bus? Were earlier times less crowded?

Thanks.

It has been several years since we stayed at the Hilton and used the shuttle but, from previous posts on this thread, it sounds like the pick up point in Rome is the same, along Via Teatro Marcello, near Via Montanara.

You have some fallback options, but not a whole lot. There is a bus from the same area on Via Teatro Marcello, the #30 Express, which you can take four stops to the Ostiense train station, and get the train from there to the airport. However, the last train leaves at 10:48 PM.

There is also the N3 night bus that goes to the town of Fiumicino, but not to the airport itself. I suppose in an emergency you could take this one and hope to find a taxi at the other end to get you the couple of miles to the airport Hilton.

If you are a Hilton Diamond member, I would "strongly" suggest staying at the Rome Cavalari with your points. OMG - this was one of the most elegant hotels. IT overlooks the Vatican - we looked at the Sistine Chapel from our balcony. Beautiful at night.

Also, they treat Diamond members sooooo well. The breakfast was awesome, the Diamond lounge was fully stocked with anything you wanted including great snacks. And the rooms - beautiful.

They had a shuttle service in to the main area of Rome.

Just some info for thought. We stayed there in June for our pre-cruise for our Crown European Explorer cruise.

Would LOVE to go back some day.

we are doing 1 night in rome after a cruise. how would we get from the port to the hilton?

I would pre arrange a ride/shuttle/taxi or even ship's shuttle to FCO. Easy walk across road to airport Hilton.

This year's shuttle from Hilton to Rome says it leaves Hilton at 8am and every two hours after that until 22:00 and returns from Roma Centro (does not say the location) at 9:00am and every two hours after that until 23:00.

To Fiumicino Town

from Hilton leaves at 20:00 and leaves Fiumicino Citta at 20:15 & 23:45

also says, no responsibility for delays, cancellation of service & no guarantee seat availability. No more than 52 seats.

Hope this helps.

Archived