The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

First I want to take the time to sincerely thank you and everyone else that reads this thread for all the work so many have contributed to - I realize it is getting long and sometimes it takes so much to find all the wonderful information in it. As for me not posting much, my hubby had to have 2 serious surgeries and between taking care of him and my job, I just hadn't had much chance, but will try to be more alert and take time to do so.

Been a long time since we exchanged notes Shirley,,,you are just gonna have to tell Norm to get better soon!!;). Hope things calm down for both y'all, and we hope to see ya soon. We're leaving for our Alaska cruise in 35 days,,,I'm trying to make sure our next one leaves from the Cape so we can stop in and see you again.

Gotta say hi to you as well Preston,,,both you guys are such a great asset for CC and the Cape,,,still the best thread out here!!:D

First I want to take the time to sincerely thank you and everyone else that reads this thread for all the work so many have contributed to - I realize it is getting long and sometimes it takes so much to find all the wonderful information in it. As for me not posting much, my hubby had to have 2 serious surgeries and between taking care of him and my job, I just hadn't had much chance, but will try to be more alert and take time to do so. I have been putting together another update, but of course that takes a lot of time since we have to make sure all the places such as things to do, things to see, hotels, restaurants, entertainment for adults and kids, are all correct and still around and that everyone is still holding their promise to treat our guest here with respect and do everything possible to leave here with good thoughts.

Not to get off the subject, many walkers or joggers have asked if they could walk or jog to the cruise ships and each time, they have been told that the travel is very heavily dangerous and not to take the chance - well this past Sunday, I passed a young family who were distance walkers, trying to take their luggage on wheels, 2 small children and make it to the port - They put everyone into a very dangerous situation - I turned around when I saw them, loaded them all up into my van and took them to the hotel where they had stayed and seriously advised them, they had to either take a shuttle or cab - their words to me that they had no idea it was that serious or that dangerous. So if you are even thinking about it, please don't and even more put your family is such a dangerous situation.

Anyhow time to get ready for work - Preston have a great time with your girl - wish we were going with you :)

hugssssssssssssssssssssssss from me to all

Thanks Shirley we leave tomorrow. Best wishes to Norm!

My husband and I are staying at the Country Inn in Cape Canaveral before a cruise in September. We would like to go down to the pier in Cocoa Beach and notice that the Route#9 trolley goes right past our hotel to the pier. According to the schedule I pulled up, the closest place for us to catch it is Astronaut Blvd. and Central Blvd., which is only .3 of a mile from our hotel. My question is, is it safe traffic wise to walk there to catch the trolley? Any sidewalks? We are used to walking long distances, and this would be very easy for us to do, but we want to be safe. Thank you for your input. This board has been so helpful in planning our trip. I would be lost without it.

JC in Virginia

My husband and I are staying at the Country Inn in Cape Canaveral before a cruise in September. We would like to go down to the pier in Cocoa Beach and notice that the Route#9 trolley goes right past our hotel to the pier. According to the schedule I pulled up, the closest place for us to catch it is Astronaut Blvd. and Central Blvd., which is only .3 of a mile from our hotel. My question is, is it safe traffic wise to walk there to catch the trolley? Any sidewalks? We are used to walking long distances, and this would be very easy for us to do, but we want to be safe. Thank you for your input. This board has been so helpful in planning our trip. I would be lost without it.

JC in Virginia

JC you will LOVE TAKING THE TROLLEY - yep it is very safe since it will board on the right side - it will drop you off thisclose to the Cocoa Beach Pier - its going to the port that it is so dangerous - BTW all the sidewalks are wide and brand new - well they are little over a year old, but great for walking all the way down to CB - report when you get back ok so other folks will learn what a neat experience it is.

Edited by snelsonbrown

JC in Virginia

Very close, safe and yes sidewalks.

Thanks, Shirley and Preston for the info on the trolley. You are both awesome! We can't wait until September, and I feel we have gained so much knowledge about the Cape Canaveral area from this thread alone, that I could start giving advice! Just kidding!!!! Keep up the great work!

JC

SO SORRY to hear about your hubby...QUICK and SAFE recovery for him!!!

THANKS for posting the info about the Radisson...we stayed there last Dec, and it was OKAY but the shuttle part was VERY CHAOTIC, but this certainly sounds like they are IMPROVING!!

thought we would stay near the beach for our Dec cruise, but looks like a later flight so we probably will give the Radisson another try!!

TAKE CARE and the BEST to your hubby;)

Edited by STARFISH*4

Hi

I am leaving out of Port Canaveral in 45 days on Freedom of the Seas. I am flying in to Orlando very late Thursday night and stay in a hotel nearby the airport. On Friday, I will take the Cocoa Beach shuttle to Cocoa Beach where I will stay at International Palm for two nights. From there, I will take the hotel shuttle to the port.

I would really love to visit Kennedy Space Center on Saturday. I am not going to rent a car. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get there? Is there a shuttle or a tour company that would take 1 person from Cocoa Beach to Kennedy Space Center.

Thanks

Jennifer

SO SORRY to hear about your hubby...QUICK and SAFE recovery for him!!!

THANKS for posting the info about the Radisson...we stayed there last Dec, and it was OKAY but the shuttle part was VERY CHAOTIC, but this certainly sounds like they are IMPROVING!!

thought we would stay near the beach for our Dec cruise, but looks like a later flight so we probably will give the Radisson another try!!

TAKE CARE and the BEST to your hubby;)

Thanks so much starfish - he has really been in struggles, but seems to be finally getting better - now you know anytime you have any concerns, questions, issues, etc, you are most welcomed to drop Joe a note at anytime and he will get right back with you. He is one of the greatest GM's among a few others that I feel are so great by giving out their email addresses and willing to help in any way they can.

Here is the email address if you choose to email him

jpanackia@radissonport.com

thanks so much starfish - he has really been in struggles, but seems to be finally getting better - now you know anytime you have any concerns, questions, issues, etc, you are most welcomed to drop joe a note at anytime and he will get right back with you. He is one of the greatest gm's among a few others that i feel are so great by giving out their email addresses and willing to help in any way they can.

Here is the email address if you choose to email him

jpanackia@radissonport.com

thanks shirley...much appreciated;)

Hi

I am leaving out of Port Canaveral in 45 days on Freedom of the Seas. I am flying in to Orlando very late Thursday night and stay in a hotel nearby the airport. On Friday, I will take the Cocoa Beach shuttle to Cocoa Beach where I will stay at International Palm for two nights. From there, I will take the hotel shuttle to the port.

I would really love to visit Kennedy Space Center on Saturday. I am not going to rent a car. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get there? Is there a shuttle or a tour company that would take 1 person from Cocoa Beach to Kennedy Space Center.

Thanks

Jennifer

We have Executive vip limo booked for August to take us to and from

KSC. They come highly recommended for the transportation and are

very reasonable. Here is there # 321-505-0009.

We have Executive vip limo booked for August to take us to and from

KSC. They come highly recommended for the transportation and are

very reasonable. Here is there # 321-505-0009.

Michael was also born and raised here and knows the area very well and will give you a sightseeing tour during your ride - very nice person

Hey Shirley.......our Disney Dream cruise is finally here......:D :D :D

We will be arriving in your area late Saturday evening. My granddaughters dance recital is that morning and we wouldn't miss it for the world, so we won't be leaving Georgia until 2:00pm that afternoon........:eek:

Thanks again for all your help......we look forward to being in your beautiful area again!!!

Take care.......

Hey Shirley.......our Disney Dream cruise is finally here......:D :D :D

We will be arriving in your area late Saturday evening. My granddaughters dance recital is that morning and we wouldn't miss it for the world, so we won't be leaving Georgia until 2:00pm that afternoon........:eek:

Thanks again for all your help......we look forward to being in your beautiful area again!!!

Take care.......

Hey there my friend,

So glad you and yours are coming back - the weather has been beautiful but the love bugs have been horrific this year - make sure if you are driving in that you get the car washed before parking it for they can do some damage to the paint if you leave them where they splattered.

Take care and drive safe and most of all ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

many hugs

Hey there my friend,

So glad you and yours are coming back - the weather has been beautiful but the love bugs have been horrific this year - make sure if you are driving in that you get the car washed before parking it for they can do some damage to the paint if you leave them where they splattered.

Take care and drive safe and most of all ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

many hugs

UGH!!! Hate to hear about the love bugs. We got into them one time going to Destin Fl, but at least we knew not to use the window washer or wipers on the car otherwise we would have had a big smeary mess. We saw some cars that had to pull over because their windshields were one big blob......guess they must have been "love bug" newbies.......:D

Thanks for the heads up....my husband will be thrilled....:o

Edited by GTO-Girl

Shirley.....is there a car wash somewhere near the Country Inn & Suites we could use to get the love bugs off?

Thanks

Hello my friend,

There are 2 - one is called Happy Octpus which is about 3 blocks SOUTH of the Radisson

there you do it yourself --go in a slip, water splashes and scrubbs but no wiping down

Second is the Xtreme carwash and it is about 1/2 mile SOUTH of the Radisson and it is located at the fork of Astronaut and North Atlantic Avenue - right next door to the Lamppost Lounge on the beachside - there it cost about 13.oo and that includes washing all the love bugs off - their phone number is 321-783-3233

Hope this will help

I hope I don't seem naive, but what are love bugs? I've never heard of them hear in central New York. We have June bugs, or June beetles. Are they the same? I don't think so, because they are mostly out at night.

I hope I don't seem naive, but what are love bugs? I've never heard of them hear in central New York. We have June bugs, or June beetles. Are they the same? I don't think so, because they are mostly out at night.

Believe me, you don't want their bodies splattered all over your vehicle - here is a link to explain a little more about them.

They have been known to really tear a car up or they get so bad on the radiator to create a problem. They are here by the trillions or more:(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovebug

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/mg068

Edited by snelsonbrown

It's been a couple of years since we came to PC but will be down next week for a short Sensation(al) cruise. Thinking about staying at Rad/Country Inn. Any thoughts on either? Rad is around $150 as is Country. This is for the cruise/park rate... could I get better calling or any promo codes as these came off the internet. We may just drive down that morning *yikes* but that means leaving at 3 am from Charleston. Any comments help would be great!