The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

We are staying at the Comfort Inn and plan on eating somewhere nearby. I love Italian food Can anyone make a suggestion? Thanks

Branos was recommended by Shirley. We went there in August and had a good meal. Not sure if I can post the link. You can google them to get the site.

enjoy

M

Branos was recommended by Shirley. We went there in August and had a good meal. Not sure if I can post the link. You can google them to get the site.

enjoy

M

Brano's information is http://www.branos.net/ and if you ask for Erin Wilson who is the GM and tell her you are from this board, she will make sure you get a sweet treat from her.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shirley--condolences on the loss of your brother. My MIL actually passed away the last day of our Dream cruise last month, and we're still somewhat in shock. But her passing was a long time coming and was expected, which is a little easier than something so sudden. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Had a fantastic experience with Michael at Executive VIP Limo. Before the cruise he picked us up at a WDW hotel and dropped us off at the Country Inn & Suites. After the cruise he picked up up at the Port and brought us back to the same WDW hotel. It was so easy and relaxing that I can't imagine us dealing with the hassle of renting a car when there's Michael!

Country Inn & Suites was another win. We have kids, so we opted for the kids' suite with a separate "room" with bunk beds and a second tv. The kids loved having their own little area to hang out in. I did several loads of laundry and though they took forever to dry (gotta love that FL humidity!) it was great getting on the ship with clean clothes after a week at WDW. I wish we'd been able to use the pool, as it looked big and clean, but maybe next time. Breakfast was great--just enough to tide you over until you get on board and hit up that Lido buffet!

Shuttle service to the port worked great. We called early in the morning on our checkin day and were able to get the first shuttle. Shuttle driver was entertaining as well as efficient, so we got to the port bright and early. My dad parked his car and stayed an extra day after the cruise, so I'd booked him the "park and cruise" package for both ends of the trip. The front desk staff told him he really didn't need the special package since he was leaving the next day, so they gave him a lower rate. It wasn't something they needed to do, so he really appreciated them going out of their way to save him some $$.

Thanks again for all the help and recommendations!

I have checked out rental cars from MCO to Cape Canaveral and it looks like the best rate we can get is from Avis using code C356672 or C031529. Does anyone know if these codes are OK to use? I can't find out if they are only available for certain people. Also, can you get a better rate just by calling AVIS at the port? Thanks!

Toll Rates/Payment from MCO to Cape Canaveral & vice versa.

I will be coming to Cape Canaveral from Orlando Int'l Airport in a couple weeks. We will be renting a car from Budget at the airport & returning it in Cape Canaveral, then renting again at Cape Canaveral & returning at airport I'm wondering about the tolls on the road. I believe we will be taking 528 to 1A. I was doing some research online & found that the tolls don't accept cash anymore??... Is this every single toll? I wasn't planning on opting in for the toll program with Budget, I was just going to bring a roll or quarters to pay.

If anyone can tell me roughly how many tolls I'll pass between Orlando Airport & Cape Canaveral, how much each one is, and any info on if I can still do cash or not will be greatly appreciated.

10 days! So Close!!!! :D:D:D

Originally Posted by airlink diva

I just arrived at my hotel. I rented a car at the Orlando airport.

The agent attempted to sell the toll pass. But thanks to this thread,I declined.

The toll fee was $1.50 and the car rental wanted $12.00.

If you are coming right from the hotel from the airport, just have the change.

Hello Peg - want to apologize for not getting back to you sooner, but had a death in the family and between the loss and work, I have been so distracted - anyhow let me check on what you asked and I will get back to you ok?

Thanks for understanding:)

Shirley, I am so sorry for your loss. You have every reason to be distracted. I hope as times goes on, your pain decreases.

We'll be visiting PC in another 25 days! I can't wait. I really appreciate all you do for us on CC.

First I want to sincerely thank each and everyone for their kindness in the loss of Charlie Boy (the boy part was added on when he was very young - Key West was very well known for its nicknames:) Anyhow am going to try and do better to keep all posted as to what is going on etc

First off which has turned out to be a great idea - Cocoa Beach Taxi is now going "pay what you want" and it appears it is really working and folks really are not taking advantage of the offers - here is what its all about - I used them just to try it out and really pretty neat - now this is just a suggestion for we do have other forms of transportations here - just click above my name and you will see -

Cocoa Beach Taxi

Attention all Facebook peeps. We are currently looking for passengers that want to "pay what they want" to fill any empty seats we may have open day or night shift. To schedule a seating session please call

321-783-1299. Thank you for your time!

Shirley--condolences on the loss of your brother. My MIL actually passed away the last day of our Dream cruise last month, and we're still somewhat in shock. But her passing was a long time coming and was expected, which is a little easier than something so sudden. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Had a fantastic experience with Michael at Executive VIP Limo. Before the cruise he picked us up at a WDW hotel and dropped us off at the Country Inn & Suites. After the cruise he picked up up at the Port and brought us back to the same WDW hotel. It was so easy and relaxing that I can't imagine us dealing with the hassle of renting a car when there's Michael!

Country Inn & Suites was another win. We have kids, so we opted for the kids' suite with a separate "room" with bunk beds and a second tv. The kids loved having their own little area to hang out in. I did several loads of laundry and though they took forever to dry (gotta love that FL humidity!) it was great getting on the ship with clean clothes after a week at WDW. I wish we'd been able to use the pool, as it looked big and clean, but maybe next time. Breakfast was great--just enough to tide you over until you get on board and hit up that Lido buffet!

Shuttle service to the port worked great. We called early in the morning on our checkin day and were able to get the first shuttle. Shuttle driver was entertaining as well as efficient, so we got to the port bright and early. My dad parked his car and stayed an extra day after the cruise, so I'd booked him the "park and cruise" package for both ends of the trip. The front desk staff told him he really didn't need the special package since he was leaving the next day, so they gave him a lower rate. It wasn't something they needed to do, so he really appreciated them going out of their way to save him some $$.

Thanks again for all the help and recommendations!

First I am deeply sorry about your loss - it can be a struggle at anytime it happens - anyhow isn't Michael amazing? I love this young man and the amazing service he gives - he was born and raised here so knows the area like the back of his hand - Also CI&S is a nice place to stay - we have great places and great managements and staff so it is all a win-win situation - glad this thread helped so many

May the rest of the year be great and rewarding

Always

Shirley, a question for you or whoever knows the answer. We are at the Comfort Inn. Is there a trolley or bus to get to Fishlips, or is a taxi the way to go?

OK here is the information on our trolley bus and look for bus route #9 or you can call Cocoa Beach Taxi and pay what you want - I just posted the information

Anyhow here is the link to the trolley

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ridescat.com/

Originally Posted by airlink diva

I just arrived at my hotel. I rented a car at the Orlando airport.

The agent attempted to sell the toll pass. But thanks to this thread,I declined.

The toll fee was $1.50 and the car rental wanted $12.00.

If you are coming right from the hotel from the airport, just have the change.

NEVER EVER rent a toll pass from MCO to Port Canaveral - the toll is only $1.50 and no big deal - piece of cake and great advise from bilyclub

I have checked out rental cars from MCO to Cape Canaveral and it looks like the best rate we can get is from Avis using code C356672 or C031529. Does anyone know if these codes are OK to use? I can't find out if they are only available for certain people. Also, can you get a better rate just by calling AVIS at the port? Thanks!

Believe me you are better off calling Avis here and speaking to their staff - they are great to work with and also tell them you got the information off this board - they love to hear that -

Good luck and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Preston each time I go to the port, the work they are doing on Terminal 6 is amazing and really coming along - I knew that they planned to add more covered parking which is really needed especially for the longer cruises - miss you buddy and please keep in touch

Always your friend

Hey there can't wait till the 22nd going on the Dream and staying at the radisson pre-cruise. We decide to cab it over since we got the first boarding time for the Dream wll look at the cab company you mentioned.

My question is we are looking at two places to eat at either Rusty's or Grill's is there a big difference between the two??

Thanks