Where should I go next???

Cqis

I know this is vague and wide open, but we are trying to decide where to go next. We would love someplace in Africa. I have not found any reasonable 14 to 20 day cruises going to any country in Africa. Been to:

Alaska, Mexico , Panama Canal, Eastern and Western Caribbean, Hawaii, Eastern Europe, China, Japan & Korea.

Any suggestions out there.

Checkout the Amsterdam out of Capetown on Feb 22nd. The wonderful itinerary (part of a world cruise) subsequently covers parts of Africa, India, Asia and beyond. Heavily discounted on some sites. The cruise can be taken in segments... you can finish in Mumbai or Singapore for example... If I could, I would!!!

:D:D:D

Would Eastern Europe be the Baltic cruise? We loved our Baltic Cruise on HAL. We are doing Eastern Med. this year--Turkey, Greek Isles, Croatia. There is also one that does the Black Sea countries, Israel and Egypt. I really would love to do the cruise that does the Viking rte--Greenland, Iceland and Scandanavia.

At the risk of sounding boring....what about the East Mediterranean?

Prinsendam has an unusual East Med 14 day itinerary April 12 this year (maybe too late to book it :() from Rome to Athens that includes the Black Sea.

Nieuw Amsterdam's inaugural is an interesting itinerary on July 7, for 19 days, but also likely booked out.

Noordam has a 17 day (7+10) itinerary August 12. Even better is the 10+10 East/West combo (August 19, August 29, September 8, September 18, etc.)

This may be too short for you, but Nieuw Amsterdam's 12 day East Med round trip Venice visits some of my all time favourite ports.

Sorry if that's too prosaic :o , but the ancient civilizations based in the Med are fascinating to me. Not for those who don't love museums and ruins. Also, if you live in Europe (your profile doesn't mention your location) all of this may be sights/sites you've already seen on land vacations.

I know this is vague and wide open, but we are trying to decide where to go next. We would love someplace in Africa. I have not found any reasonable 14 to 20 day cruises going to any country in Africa. Been to:

Alaska, Mexico , Panama Canal, Eastern and Western Caribbean, Hawaii, Eastern Europe, China, Japan & Korea.

Any suggestions out there.

If you want Africa - SilverSea starts at about 4K per person for (I think) 14 nights and some of the ones that are round trip to Cape town currently include "Free Air". The itinerary that includes Seychelles with Africa for 14 nights starts at $5,100.00 next year. Also note that the drinks are all inclusive, Colas, Champagne, Scotch..

Checkout the Amsterdam out of Capetown on Feb 22nd. The wonderful itinerary (part of a world cruise) subsequently covers parts of Africa, India, Asia and beyond. Heavily discounted on some sites. The cruise can be taken in segments... you can finish in Mumbai or Singapore for example... If I could, I would!!!

:D:D:D

How short are the segments?

What time of year do you want to cruise? That would make a difference in recommendations.

Consider the NE/Canada round trip from Boston (14 days) or round trip from NYC (20 days), or the spring or fall repositioning cruise.

You can do either segment of the Voyage of the Vikings in the summer. I will always recommend the coast of Norway; sometimes this is combined with some Great Britain ports. How about the Top of the World cruise?

South America, with Antarctica is a great winter cruise.

Archived