Champagne Balcony Breakfast?

caribtravel

Has anyone tried this? What is included other than dry champagne?

Lots and lots of food. ;) On our last Caribbean cruise we had quite a few sweet rolls; smoked salmon, onions, capers, cream cheese and bagels; quiche; coffee (not enough LOL); orange juice. It was a LOT of food and we never try to finish it.

We enjoy the breakfast and do it every every cruise. :D I'd recommend it. Enjoy your cruise.

I also didn't care for it and neither did my mom, daughter and son (and partners). We don't care for seafood for breakfast and that was half the meal. My DD asked for no dill - and that was an issue. The brought it out and put too much food on a little 2 foot table - so food had to sit on the deck of the balcony. Would I do it again, no.

We've done it twice now and loved it! You can ask them to sub. bacon for the salmon. Even not eating the salmon, there's plenty of other food to eat. :)

Actually, in our case, we asked if we could substitute and were told no. We also had crab cakes with the breakfast, and no one wanted crab for breakfast. Basically, it was rolls we got to eat, balancing the plates on our laps because the table was full.

We just ordered this on the Emerald two weeks ago. We asked for waffles, bacon, sausage, and scrambled eggs instead of the salmon and quiche. We also received pastries, fruit,tea (request), OJ, and champagne. It was fantastic! $32.

We just ordered this on the Emerald two weeks ago. We asked for waffles, bacon, sausage, and scrambled eggs instead of the salmon and quiche. We also received pastries, fruit,tea (request), OJ, and champagne. It was fantastic! $32.

eggs???...now your talking:D...Did you order this before and make the request before bording or once on board?

We loved our champagne balcony breakfast we had on the morning of our anniversary while on the Coral. We had the salmon, as well as king crab, quiche, stuffed tomato garnish, bagels, fruit, and pastries, along with juice, coffee, and of course the champagne. DH is a fish lover, I only like shellfish, so we were both able to find plenty to satisfy the both of us. It never occurred to us that we could have asked for substitutions (found that out after the fact), but we enjoyed the meal and were still eating the fruit & pastries the next morning. I felt it was well worth the $.

We were thinking of doing this on our next cruise on the Crown. We usually remain on board at one of the ports and was wondering if you can order the breakfast on a port day. My dh loves fish for breakfast so this will be perfect for us.

Has anyone tried this? What is included other than dry champagne?

We just had on the Island and didn't really care for it. It's $32 for two and includes 1/2 bottle of champagn, juice, fruit breakfast entrees that you chose

I don't think that warm breakfast food travels very well, but the mamosa was very nice.

The UBD on the other hand is well worth the money!

Lots of fish, we did not like it. Its also alot of food, too much for 2 people.

I don't understand why folks think is fun! We considered the "dinner on the balcony" before we left, thinking it sounded romantic. But then we saw the balcony, and the smoking neighbors, and we wondered what the server does while you're eating, wander around the cabin? sit on the bed and stare at you? watch tv? Does he stay and serve you all your courses like in the dining room, pour extra champagne? Or does he just plop everything down on that tiny table and leave?

Fine dining in the Crown grill was our choice for our anniversary treat, but it didn't have the view of the ocean or sunset, and I'm sure that's why, people even consider this option, different strokes for different folks!

Belle

I don't understand why folks think is fun! We considered the "dinner on the balcony" before we left, thinking it sounded romantic. But then we saw the balcony, and the smoking neighbors, and we wondered what the server does while you're eating, wander around the cabin? sit on the bed and stare at you? watch tv? Does he stay and serve you all your courses like in the dining room, pour extra champagne? Or does he just plop everything down on that tiny table and leave?

Fine dining in the Crown grill was our choice for our anniversary treat, but it didn't have the view of the ocean or sunset, and I'm sure that's why, people even consider this option, different strokes for different folks!

Belle

From what I understand for the UBD the waiter stays out in the hallway.

We felt that as we can eat in a restaurant anytime we choose the UBD would be much more special for us.

Archived