can you really order room service 24 hours a day?

Peachy12

Hi all,

Can you order room service at any time of the day or night?

eg. if i want something at midnight, can i still order it? free?

or are there certain times that you can order room service.

(sailing on Dawn Princess)

Thank you.

Hi all,

Can you order room service at any time of the day or night?

eg. if i want something at midnight, can i still order it? free?

or are there certain times that you can order room service.

(sailing on Dawn Princess)

Thank you.

Absolutley!

They may doze; but they never close.;)

So if you want a club sandwich at 3 am pick up the phone.

Mike:)

There is also no morning breakfast by room service on the final disembarkation morning. Not sure when the "cut off" is on the final night, but sometime. Often Room Service and other 'spare' crew are assigned to move bags off and on - hence why no Room Service during embarkation and disembarkation.

There is also no morning breakfast by room service on the final disembarkation morning. Not sure when the "cut off" is on the final night, but sometime. Often Room Service and other 'spare' crew are assigned to move bags off and on - hence why no Room Service during embarkation and disembarkation.

Just a slight correction. If you are booked in a full suite (mini suites do not qualify for this), then you can order a full breakfast the night before and have it delivered on disembarkation morning. It is one of the great perks of full suites on Princess. ;)

Just a slight correction. If you are booked in a full suite (mini suites do not qualify for this), then you can order a full breakfast the night before and have it delivered on disembarkation morning. It is one of the great perks of full suites on Princess. ;)

Can't you also order dinner from the Dining room menu if you are in a full suite?

Can't you also order dinner from the Dining room menu if you are in a full suite?

You can order any and all meals in your suite during the cruise.

But that last morning (disembarkation morning) to have room service delivered to your suite is a little known fact, since it is the only room service delivered that final morning. BUT, it has to be ordered the night before as it does not come from the room service kitchen. ;)

Please tip whoever brings you the room service a few dollars. Even though the food is free, this is an extra service and a tip should be given.

It's been our experience that they either (a) knock, put it down in front of the door and leave.. or (b) wait till you answer, then hand it to you as they are simultaneously turning to leave. They don't expect a tip at all. They just want to get back to their deliveries quickly. Don't let this stop you from offering though.

It's been our experience that they either (a) knock, put it down in front of the door and leave.. or.

On Princess you have had them just knock and leave the food on the tray on the floor outside your stateroom? I have never heard of this happening on Princess, they have always waited to bring in the order.

The only time I ever saw trays in the hall was from pax who had finished a meal. This is a no-no on a ship and an accident waiting to happen.

Every time I have gotten room service, they would come into our cabin and set the tray down wherever I wanted it. I can't even imagine them leaving a tray outside my door.

It has been our experience...after 11 princess cuises, that the room service for the continental breakfast, arrives approx. 5 mins. before the time you requested. I just make my DH get the door, tip the guy and I bury myself under the sheets! But always, they have brought the food in, and set it down on the table.:rolleyes:

Just came off te Dawn princess and ordered coffee from room service every morning. We didn't tip once. Perhaps because it was an Australian/NZ cruise. We are on the Caribbean Princess in September, is tipping the done thing on that ship?

Cheeso, I've found that some people on this sight are very touchy about giving staff tips each time they do something for you. But i agree with what you've said (and i think it's because we are from Australia, and it's not customary for us to tip at home, and this is an Australian cruise) I certainly don't mean to offend those who have tipping customs in their countries. My understanding is that staff get paid wages for doing their job, and tips are paid for exceptional service. If they go out of their way to be friendly and helpful, they get a tip. If they aren't, they don't. If i'm being charged $260 in tips on my onboard account, then why should we give additional tips on top of that? when the charges to your account are designed to replace the need of handing them out each time someone gives you service.

I think that the person looking after us in our room (and cleaning it twice a day) deserves a good tip, we'll probably be directing most of our onboard tips to that person (as long as they provide good service). We were told we could choose what percentage of tips to allocate to whichever staff member we wanted.

I can't believe it's only a few days until our first cruise. how exciting!!!

I would venture to guess, that if you are sailing on a princess ship based in AU that does business in Australian Dollars, such as the Sun Princess, that the regular tipping would not be expected (not actually sure about that one, just a guess) as Australians do not usually tip like Americans. But on those ships that sail out of the U.S. and accounts are in U.S. Dollars, it would be a totally different story. ;)

Its a great perk,, but then, those in full suites are certainly paying for that perk,, thousands more then the rest of us!

You can order any and all meals in your suite during the cruise.

But that last morning (disembarkation morning) to have room service delivered to your suite is a little known fact, since it is the only room service delivered that final morning. BUT, it has to be ordered the night before as it does not come from the room service kitchen. ;)

Wow,

I see absolutely no reason to leave the room

Food and a kindle can last me for weeks:D

On Princess you have had them just knock and leave the food on the tray on the floor outside your stateroom? I have never heard of this happening on Princess, they have always waited to bring in the order.

I have now sailed on four different cruise lines and I have never heard of it either. They knock, you open the door, they enter, set the tray down on the table, I give them a tip and they leave. On RCI they call first to let me know they are on their way. I can't remember is the others did that. I will have my memory jogged next month. :)

Archived