"LIVE" from the Mariner 01-16-05

Radio

Radio--Thanks for the continuing update. I feel like you are a friend and I can;t wait to read your updates. It;s 11 degrees here in NJ and I am anxiously awauing my first cruise. Todays pictures came through as well as one from yesterday. Not sure why I can;t get them all but love hearing about what is going on. I'm making list of things to do. Hope you're over the "bug". I went out and bought carry around sizes of hand sanitizer--hoping that will help. Enjoy the rest of the cruise.:D

Thanks Pam...bringing the hand sanitizer is agood idea. they have installed the Auto Sanitizers now at the Windjammer, Cafe Promenade, and all 3 levels of the Dining Room. I was talking with the Cabin Attendant and she said the cabins with passengers that have Norwalk have to be cleaned last, and their waste needs to be disposed of seperatly from the rest...is Red Bio Bags......

Lots of pics coming later tonight !

Radio

;) ;)

Hi Radio! What a dear you are to do this for all of us! If I were there I would buy you a drink, but since I am not, I will just have one for you next week! lol. If you would be so kind, can you find out if there is any type of dress code in the "Dragaons whatever it is called" disco? The kids want to change clothes after dinner to be more comfortable.

Many thanks and stay well!

Thanks for the nice comments.....Have a coffee for me..it seems thats been my #1 drink this week ! The dress Code for Dragon's Lair is Casual....During some theme nights you can wear...50's 60's C/W, Disco etc.......

Radio

;) ;)

I can't believ in 2 days I will be on board!

Radio, thanks so much for helping make this week go by!

Great photos!

Thanks Karen...Watch for alot of new pics later tonight ! You will have a great cruise !

Radio

;) ;)

Hello everyone !

Well, I'm back on the Mariner and we just left Cozumel at about 715PM. Today was the best day of the cruise for me. The weather was perfect, and the water was calm and warm.

There were several ships in port with us today. We shared the International Pier with Rhapsody of the Seas. The Carnival Conquest and HAL's Westerdam followed us from GC and tied up at the Puerta Maya Pier. At the Punta Lagosta Pier downtown was Costa Allegra and SeaDream Yacht Clubs, Sea Dream II.

I left the ship at about 1030AM and went right to the Rental Car area right away and stopped at Budget to pick up my car. The car was a new subcompact 4dr GM (Pontiac Mitza(sp?)). It was very nice and the reps at Budget were eager to assist.

I decided not to go to Chankanaab as originally planned(I have been there many times). Instead I started off at Paradise Beach (about 15 min south of the port). It was a lovely beach and very nice resort. There is no entrance fee, and even chairs and Umbrellas are provided at N/C. For an optional $5. you can use all of the non motorized watersports, and have access to the snorkel gear/masks,fins, and floating beach mats. WOW...that's a great deal. I found out about PB from the Ports of Call board right here on CC. I had a great lunch while there. When I first arrived...there were only a few people there. When I left..the place was packed ! It seemed that most of the guests were Cruise Ship passengers. The Changing facilities and restrooms were very clean.

I wandered over next store to the beautiful San Francisco Beach. I first went to SF beach about 6 years ago....It is much larger and nicer now, with lots of market stalls, a nice pool and several places to eat and drink. SF beach also has tons of chairs, umbrellas, watersports, and several restrooms.

I left the beach at about 3 and went to the South part of the island down to Punta Sur Ecological reserve. It must have been about 30KM south of paradise Beach. There is a museum, several tour guides and very picturesque. there is no swimming there, and for $15. they will take you on a 1 1/2 hour detailed tour of the park, lighthouse, Mayan Ruins and animal preserve(with wild birds and crocs). There are also gifts and snacks for sale ther. The road to get to the Punta Sur area is very rough and unpaved. i would reccomend a 4x4 . I was there for about an hour before I left to go back to the pier.

By the time I got back to the pier..I was beat ! I stayed at the shopping area of the pier until about 445 when I got back on the ship. The shopping area at that time was Packed...Big Time !

We left the port right after Rhapsody did(heading back to Galveston). I think that the Westerdam and Conquest stay in Cozumel until Late tonight.

I will take a little while for me to upload all the pics from today...the connection takes about 1 hour for every ten pics that I send to my cruise Page. Then I just post a few of them to be included with my daily reports.

Here are a few for now....I will putting up some later tonight and tomorrow as well.

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

;)

Mariner of the Seas and Rhapsody of the Seas

44536157-f6e8-02000180-.jpg

Paradise Beach

44537103-b8c9-02000180-.jpg

Paradise Beach

44536859-829c-02000180-.jpg

San Francisco Beach

44537529-5f46-02000180-.jpg

Radio: Again THANKS for the great pictures and review of islands!

I feel like I've been there right with you. I've been turning up the heat while I read your posts to 95 degrees here and drinking Pina Coloda with umbrella's on the edge of the glass! Sure makes me feel just like I'm there. :D

When's your next cruise and just WHERE are WE ALL GOING??

Radio - Thanks for the wonderful review! We sailed the Mariner last June and are sailing again June 5. Do you know if Captain Johnny will still be on the ship at this time? I saw in one of your replies that he is on the ship until June. I'm hoping he'll still be on during our sailing.

Radio..thanks again! I'm off for the port( Well, Radisson Resort at the Port anyay!!!!) I'll be watching you all dock Sunday AM! Wish I had a computer to get todays update! Will check the boards when I get home next Sunday!

Yea!

Bye Kruz----Have fun!!

Hey Radio--even though I have been on the Mariner,I hope to see some pics of my favorite place--Vintages!!!

Cant wait to go back in Oct!!

Thanks for taking your time to do all this for us!!!

Just read this on another thread...........Norwalk Virus hit the Mariner this week???? Over 250 sick............how awful..

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TRAVEL/01/2...irus/index.html

Radio -

I can't seem to find the link to your cruise page......Can you provide the web address please?

Also, thanks bunches for your reports! We will be on the Mariner, same route, in May. Hope the Norwalk is gone by then!

Once again, thanks for your reports and the pics!

Kim

Radio: Just heard on CNN that a R.C. ship is coming into port with 250 SICK passengers!! I bet it's your ship!! They didn't say the name of it.......but we know better from your reports!! Hope you're feeling good by now.

Thanks again for all the cool pictures.

Radio--

Well its Saturday and you're at sea for the last day of this cruise-- thank you so much for all you sent and all you answered-- even when you weren't feeling well. I'm sitting in 20 degree weather waiting for the brunt of the 25 inches of snow we're expecting-- counting the hours until a week from now when I'll be flying from NJ to Orlando to prepare to board the ship a week from tomorrow-- my first cruise- I can only hope I meet people as nice as you on the ship and love everthing about it.

Smooth sailing from here on-- and hope the virus is washed away !!!! Again thanks Radio-- Pam

P.S. if anyone reading this is sailing next week 1/31-- let me know and we can say hi..:cool:

Hello everyone ! Today is day 7 aboard the Mariner of the Seas, and we are about 350 miles from Port Canaveral. The weather today is warm, clear skies, and calm seas. I have been watching CNN and have seen that my hometown will be getting 8-10" of snow today ! I hope it is gone by the time I get home on Monday afternoon.

The farewell show is tonight. The shops are all open with big crowds and last day sales in many of them. The Explorer Academy is in full swing today with classes in many public areas throughout the day. thEnchanted Knights Parade will also be held tonight in the Royale Promenade at 10:30.

Passengers who want to carry their own luggage off tomorrow morning can do so after picking up a Express Self-Assist Departure Ticket. They suggested that with that tickect , you could be off the ship at around 7AM. I gues it all depends when we arrive at the port.

The week has been great for me and I really think that the Western Itinerary is the best. The ship is only a little over 1 year old, and it still looks brand new. Those who are planning on sailing with her soon are in for a big treat! You will love the Mariner of the Seas, the Captain, and the Crew !

The next cruise for me is planned for April ..I and I hope to be able to again post "Live" daily reports and updates. I will be turning in my Cybercabin tonight snd will be available to answer any questions that I might have missed. When I return home on Monday..I plan to upload many more pics to my Cruise Photo Page (with a broadband connection, it will be much faster).

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Rhapsody of the Seas leaving Cozumel

44551332-7bea-0200016A-.jpg

Johhny Rockets

44551411-477c-02000171-.jpg

Punta Sur Ecological Park in Cozumel

44551102-15e9-02000180-.jpg

Mariner of the Seas Balconies

44551130-8b7f-02000180-.jpg

Radio

We leave tomorrow, are there any updates on Norwalk? Are they planning to do any extra sanitizing etc.?

Hi Joyce,

There has been alot of extra cleaning, and sanitizing going on over the past several days...

Radio

;) ;)

Dear Pamssanity,

I saw in another thread that you are going on the Mariner on 1/31. Am I mistaken? I was a little concerned because I am on the 1/30 -sunday sailing of the Mariner for 7 seven days. Maybe you just have your dates mixed up or maybe you are on another ship. Didn't want their to be any surprises!!

HI KBTB

You're right-- I am totally confused as the snow just keeps coming down--I am leaving here (NJ )Saturday so in case of more snow I don't have any problems-- and I am sailing with you on 1/30--Thanks for the correction-- can;t wait!!!

Archived