Crew to passenger ratio

gfranzen

There used to be a site that showed Crew/passenger ratio for most all cruise ships, including RSSC's. This site also showed space/passenger ratio. I lost my reference to this site when my old computer broke down and I got another. If any of you know the web address to this site, or another like it, it would be helpful if you posted it on this thread (providing that such is allowed by board rules).

All the crew/passenger info I've seen in the past assumed that the ship was at full double occupancy of each room/suite. Obviously, the ratio will change on sailings with "third person in the suite" promotions. And, a cruise ship is a "business" and all businesses have some absenteeism of employees, and this would change the ratio.

But this info was generally helpful to me, and I wish I could find it again.

There used to be a site that showed Crew/passenger ratio for most all cruise ships, including RSSC's. This site also showed space/passenger ratio. I lost my reference to this site when my old computer broke down and I got another. If any of you know the web address to this site, or another like it, it would be helpful if you posted it on this thread (providing that such is allowed by board rules).

All the crew/passenger info I've seen in the past assumed that the ship was at full double occupancy of each room/suite. Obviously, the ratio will change on sailings with "third person in the suite" promotions. And, a cruise ship is a "business" and all businesses have some absenteeism of employees, and this would change the ratio.

But this info was generally helpful to me, and I wish I could find it again.

Is this it?

http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipFinder.do

I am not sure how up-to-date it is as it does not show the "refurbished" indication by the Navigator. If you click on the ship name you can see the Passenger/Crew ratio (on this page the calender is up-to-date).

The Berlitz guide shows this:

Mariner Total Crew 445

Passengers

(lower berth/all berth) 708/752

Crew/Passenger Ratio 1.6/1.7

Voyager is oddly not quite the same ratio, but the first two numbers are the same. That ratio is 1.65/1.6. I think this must be a misprint.

Navigator Total Crew 325

Passengers

(Lower berth/all berth) 490/530

Crew Passenger Ratio 1.5/1.6

This is the explantion of the numbers (this is for all ships) on

Passenger -"The number of passengers is based on :

Two per cabin, plus all cabins single occupancy/ all available berths filled...(Note: This figure may not always be accurate as cruise lines often make changes by addiing or taking away third/fourth berths according to demand.)"

on Ratio: "Achieved by dividing the number of passengers by the number of crew" both passenger numbers.

However, none of this gives us an accurate number if the crew has actually been cut.

That travelocity website states such a wide range of pax/staff as to make it fairly useless, so those Berlitz numbers are great to have, but as you say who knows how recent they are.

What struck me on the travelocity site was the space ratios--Regent surpasses all the rest by a wide margin there. Wonder why they don't include Silversea or Seabourn?

On another board World Cruiser Larry stated that there are

418 pax and 449 crew on board at this time. I thought that I had read another poster state 618 & 449...but I can;t find the post and perhaps it was a typo or my recall that's faulty. Either way/number, it sounds like a great ratio!

Re: current numbers on Voyager WC...if I said 418 pax, I apologize...put it down to rushing and spotty dropped connections, so I wasn't reviewing close enough prior to posting.

The Voyager currently has 618 pax and a crew of 449 on the first segment of the WC. One can not assume that since the cruise is "sold out" that the balance between 618 and 700 means there are 82 single berths. The complement of lecturers, some entertainers, hosts, staff, etc., use pax cabins, but are counted in the crew total.

Larry

Archived