mosquitos and bringing spray

grabbit97

We were actually advised to start anti maliarial tablets a week before the cruise but further reading of the areas we are going to suggest this may not be necessary. We will be taking roll on mosquito repellannt and wearing long sleeves etc. I have a brother-in-law who suffers from malaria. It is not something you want to risk.

• 3 years later...

We are on a cruise from Hong Kong to Shanghai (14 days), April 11 through 25 going through Tawian, South Korea, Japan. Anyone knows if we need to bring a repellent or something against bugs / mosquitoes, etc? Thank you for any information.

If you need it..rather than the "spray" get the individual wrapped toweletts that "Off" makes..Easy to pack and keep a few with you wherever you go..You can buy them at many places..I got a small box of them at Walmart ;)

I spent 2 weeks this past October on a land trip (Beijing, Xi'an & Shanghai) and didn't need my toweletts at all but I was at least prepared

Cruising Asia... Ocean Princess, Bangkok to Shanghai.. do we need to bring mosquito spray?

thanks

Nat

Singapore toHK January 2011. Didn't see a single mossie. One Australian gentleman took anti malaria pills which made him sick for the entire 2weeks. If you must, take some deep woods off. You probably won't need it.

Thank you all. Very helpful. I gather it's better to be prepared just in case.:)

Hi there, I always shower in tea tree shower gel and use tea tree body lotion not the best but it does help me and mozzies love me x

Archived