Need some Hotel suggestion of Miami pre-cruise

cruisin USA

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for looking at my post. Mary Ann and I booked her kids(actually 2 are in their 20's and 1 is 18) for our cruise out of Miami. We had to get them a flight other than ours, and we found a good deal on Air Tran. That is until they tell us that they're changing the flight time we booked so that they won't get in until 6:00(well after the ship sails). We can book them the day ahead of time(at no extra charge), and let them stay overnight, but I need some suggestions for a safe and reasonably priced hotel/motel in Miami. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

Gary aka cruisin USA

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for looking at my post. Mary Ann and I booked her kids(actually 2 are in their 20's and 1 is 18) for our cruise out of Miami. We had to get them a flight other than ours, and we found a good deal on Air Tran. That is until they tell us that they're changing the flight time we booked so that they won't get in until 6:00(well after the ship sails). We can book them the day ahead of time(at no extra charge), and let them stay overnight, but I need some suggestions for a safe and reasonably priced hotel/motel in Miami. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

Gary aka cruisin USA

HIPOM.. Holiday Inn Port of Miami.. is decent and close to the port.. Bayside Marketplace is right across the street so they don't have to venture far for food or fun ;) And it is around $10 or so bucks taxi ride to the port... Unsure of the price for the time you are going but it is a suggestion..

Also you can check out the Florida boards.. they will have great suggestions over there..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We stayed at the airport Hilton. Free shuttle to airport, it has a pool, they have a shuttle to the port. We paid around $100, but that depends on the day and what conventions are in town.

We stayed at the airport Hilton. Free shuttle to airport, it has a pool, they have a shuttle to the port. We paid around $100, but that depends on the day and what conventions are in town.

I agree on the Hilton. I haven't stayed there yet, but all the reviews are GREAT and if works for my upcoming cruise b/c we are driving and they offer a Park and Cruise deal. It offers buffet breakfast, parking, the room, and the shuttle to the port all for $123 (ext tax included) . Look it up and check out the reviews.

Thank you all for your suggestions. The kids are flying into Ft. Lauderdale so I don't think the Miami Airport Hilton will work. I've read about HIPOM, and will look into that. I'll also check on the Florida boards. Again, GREAT suggestions, and I appreciate your help.

Gary aka cruisin USA

If they are flying into Ft. Lauderdale, we've stayed at the LaQuinta Inn there. Short cab ride and the hotel is clean and nice. Very reasonably priced also. Very safe area. The next day we had arranged for a car service to pick us up and take us to the POM. $80 for 4 of us.

I just booked HIPOM for dd18 and 2 of her friends before they sail on Destiny on March 8. (they will meet her college roommate and her mom the day of the cruise at the port - her roomie and her mom are flying in to Ft. Lauderdale, while dd and her friends are flying in to Miami.) I feel it is a "safe" hotel - we have stayed there 3x pre-cruise. I love the fact that Bayside Market is right across the street - plenty for them to do/eat without getting into trouble. I got them a room for $125.

Archived