Emerald v. Caribbean

pcruz4ever

Has anyone sailed on both the Emerald Princess and the Caribbean Princess? Two of my sisters were on the Caribbean Princxess and weren't impressed. I'm on the Emerald the end of February, and have heard some glowing reports. But if anyone has sailed on both, I'd really love some feedback. THanks!

Patt, what was it about the Caribbean Princess that they didn't like? I've been on the CB twice now and have a B2B on her in two days. I've also sailed the Emerald Princess last year. They are similar but different. I would gladly sail on either ship again. A couple of things that I prefer on the Emerald is that there is more seating in the Piazza which is a good thing because I really enjoy hanging out there having a bite to eat or a specialty coffee/tea at the International Cafe. The Emerald also has the newer Piazza design which I find more interesting and elegant, that is not to say that there is anything wrong with the Piazza on the CB, but it just isn't decorated quite as nicely. As well, I prefer the aft pool area on the Emerald as it is more open and sun exposed. Finally I love Adagio bar/lounge that the Emerald has and the CB doesn't.

As the previous poster noted, to best answer you question, we need to know what did not impress your sisters.

If they did not like the layout of the ship, felt there were too many people on it, did not like the size of the cabin, then the ships are about the same.

The Emerald is several years newer and has some facilities that are not on the Caribbean such as the Adagio lounge.

Both ships are a great place to be on for a cruise.

Has anyone sailed on both the Emerald Princess and the Caribbean Princess? Two of my sisters were on the Caribbean Princxess and weren't impressed. I'm on the Emerald the end of February, and have heard some glowing reports. But if anyone has sailed on both, I'd really love some feedback. THanks!

More info needed as to the yours sister's impressions.

The Caribbean Princess was the bridge between the original grand class (Grand, Golden, Star) and the modified grand class (Crown, Ruby, Emerald) The Caribbean Princess has the extra deck and still retained the tail fin which houses Skywalkers. It may also depend on when your sisters were on the Caribbean as well. She went through dry dock about a year ago and the improvements were very nice and I thought it was done very well. That being said, I would sail on either class. Like the layout and size of both.

not necessarily

You're right, megsdad....I'd take the Emerald.

If it's the layout, then they are the same. But....the feel of a ship can vary based on the crew and their morale. The quality of entertainment and food varies as well.

We sailed CB just over a year ago, and enjoyed it very much. I like the little areas, and it just seemed very charming. The one thing that took a while to get used to was deck 6 (I think?) You couldn't cross the ship from forward to aft without going up or down a deck to do so. Is Emerald the same way? I'm sure that because we've done it before, it won't boggle the mind as much this time. But with me, it's hard to tell:o I notice that there's no "shopping cart handle" on Emerald. Is Skywalker's the same size? Getting excited now, leaving 2 weeks from tomorrow, and going fast!

TIA for all responses.

You couldn't cross the ship from forward to aft without going up or down a deck to do so. Is Emerald the same way?

Is Skywalker's the same size? Getting excited now, leaving 2 weeks from tomorrow, and going fast!

The Crown, Emerald, Ruby, Golden, Star and Grand have the same 6th floor "problem". The space you cannot go through is the Galley for the aft restaurant on deck 6 and the deck 6 restaurant near the atrium.

Yes, Skywalker's is the same size.

Thanks for the input folks. The two big complaints seemed to be lack of space in the public areas, and the food. Looking at the menus, I don't see a problem with the food, and from what people are telling me, there's more room in the public areas on the Emerald. That being said, I tend to think part of it may have been the people they were with!!! I've been on over a dozen cruises to far, and not a bad one yet, so I'm really looking forward to the Emerald!

You are right, sometimes people's opinions can be slanted because of their traveling companions. Hopefully they weren't with folks you complained alot. I've been on the Sapphire three times and the Crown Princess most recently. They are just different enough to feel like you are seeing something new and alike enough to feel like "home". I would assume it is the same between the Caribbean Princess and the Emerald

We sailed on Caribbean, then on Ruby (Emerald twin) and then again on Caribbean.

Aft design is different, but each ship has own advantages. Ruby's was more elegant, but Caribbean's had Skywalkers above which provided nice shade.

We have been on the Caribbean twice and Emerald twice. It is hard to pick a favorite, they were both great. We would probably have to give it to the Emerald because we are big Adagio fans. It is an intimate piano bar with great martinis and seven or eight types of specialty olives. We would recommend a visit on your upcoming Emerald cruise!

ILgirl, if they have chocolatini's, you can bet I'll check it out - I'm not much of a "dirty martini" or standard martini drinker, but love the specialty chocolate ones, and piano bars are always so much fun! Thanks for the tip.

ILgirl, if they have chocolatini's, you can bet I'll check it out - I'm not much of a "dirty martini" or standard martini drinker, but love the specialty chocolate ones, and piano bars are always so much fun! Thanks for the tip.

Tiramisu Martini. Amazing!! I am really hoping someone will be able to make me one on the CB in May!

Archived