Which inside cabin?

dsal

We usually book insides. My hubby actually prefers the darkness (he used to work graveyard and slept during the day so he put blackout curtains in our bedroom). On a cruise' date=' we'll often put on the bridgecam channel. When you wake up, you can see if it's light outside.

[b']Also, we would leave the bathroom light on with the door ajar. Nice for those middle of the night trips ([/b]I try to bring a little flashlight with me to keep by my pillow -- a result of too many middle of the night earthquakes).

On our Sapphire cruise to Alaska, we were on the Caribe deck, far forward. A nice cabin for us. Even though our dining room was on the other side of the ship along with the kids' area. We did get plenty of exercise on that cruise.:)

I place a StickNClick light on the top shelf in the head.

I purchased a set at Bed Bath, but they are available on line. Amazon for example:

http://www.amazon.com/Ontel-SCN-MC12-Stick-Click-Lights/dp/B000J0NL8O

I would think all the inside cabins would look pretty much like that one. In fact, we had an inside cabin on the Star the year before, and it was practically a clone of our cabin on the Sapphire.

Sorry it was a joke (weird english humour) :) Yes the standard size insides are virtually identical on all the big ships

we are also on the sapphire and are getting an inside cabin, I noticed the JJ - Caribe deck cabins are more expensive then the K plaza cabins, anyone know why the price difference?

I would think the difference is because midship and a few decks higher might make for a smoother ride. Others say low in the ship is best for less movement. Also there are cabins above and below the Caribe deck insides.

We always book JJ and try to get a 400 or 500 series cabin on Caribe. Very close to the mid-ship elevators. Plus if you need to use the fore or aft elevators, you're halfway there!

I would think the difference is because midship and a few decks higher might make for a smoother ride. Others say low in the ship is best for less movement. Also there are cabins above and below the Caribe deck insides.

We always book JJ and try to get a 400 or 500 series cabin on Caribe. Very close to the mid-ship elevators. Plus if you need to use the fore or aft elevators, you're halfway there!

Thanks!

Sorry it was a joke (weird english humour) :) Yes the standard size insides are virtually identical on all the big ships

I thought you might have been joking. I see you're from Victoria. I love Canadian humour. I live just south of the border and watch Rick Mercer and 22 Minutes every week. Sure do miss Air Farce!

(Sorry to hijack the thread.)

We always book the cheapest inside guarantee we can get. Don't think we've missed being on any deck - Plaza to Lido and have been upgraded a few times to outsides and once to a balcony. That said, we're just happy to be on the boat. Noise has never been an issue for us on any deck. And we can find something about every location that we've liked - access to pools, food, activities, laundry, need for exercise, etc. I think it all depends on your attitude.

• 3 weeks later...
We are also taking an inside cabin for the first time in 18 cruises. We will be on the Crown Princess in April and also took the category II inside cabin that was the most expensive inside cabin.

We will be on the Riviera Deck and took cabin R-407. We were told that this cabin, along with 5 others on this deck were larger inside cabins than any other inside cabin on the ship, and it has a better layout.

Not sure if any of this is true, so I guess we will find out. I did notice on the deck plan diagram, that this cabin is bigger than other inside cabins. Cannot wait to find out.

Would love to hear if your Category II inside cabin was, indeed, larger than other inside cabins. Thanks!

I like the ones at the very aft on Aloha. You are only steps away from the aft pool deck and close to the buffet. (FYI I never heard any noise from there) I also find the aft elevators much easier to catch than those midship

I completely agree. Our second favorite spot on the ship is on Plaza deck, but right in front of the forward elevators, not further forward than that, or you do get the theater noise. One level above the area right in front of the elevators is mainly a corridor behind the theater, or control booth area.

We'll be going on a Princess Cruise (Sapphire), and it will be our first cruise. Due to budget restraints, we'll be getting an inside cabin. A friend recommended we stay on the plaza deck---because it's a nice level that shares the Atrium lobby area on Deck five. Your thoughts?

Thanks,

dsal

Our kids stayed in P215 and loved it (we were opposite in an ocean view) The location was very good for atrium etc. The only one thing we found was the thruster noise in that area...never heard it on other ships. Still a good choice for inside.

We are sailing on Diamond Princess to Alaska; booked inside cabin, category JJ, Baja Deck. What is the difference between category JJ and I?

Cat. JJ would be either a forward or aft cabin on Baja deck or a midship on the Caribe deck. Cat. I is higher on the ship. Cat. I on Baja deck is midship, and on the Aloha deck Cat. I is forward or aft.

Check out the deck plans on the ships tab (under Learn About Our Cruises).

Archived