Anybody ever get food poisoning on the ship?

Mr. Y

I got sick on our last cruise after eating in the Supper Club and I mean sick, I was still "green" the next day and into the night. I couldn't eat my last meal in the MDR.....I've never had a problem with the eggs benedict though....we love em!

I understand how being as sick as you were had a negative effect on your enjoyment of your Glory cruise, but really, if you're serious don't you think this is a bit of an over reaction?

I don't think it is a over reaction at all......someone who has been deathly sick with food poisoning from a particular food knows all about this;)

Ever again!!!! or just on this sailing?? or are you concerned that they have some contaminated Eggs Benedict left over from the Glory 13 months ago that they are going to try to pass off as fresh on your Pride sailing???

I understand how being as sick as you were had a negative effect on your enjoyment of your Glory cruise, but really, if you're serious don't you think this is a bit of an over reaction?

After 18 cruises I've probably had eggs benedict 100+ times and I've never gotten sick (I'm sorry you did). But you would think that if there is a fleet wide issue with the way Carnival is preparing this dish that I would have had an issue at least once.

No, I do NOT think it is an over reaction. Have you ever had food poisoning? If so and you're still able to eat what made you sick, good for you! If not, then I really do not think you have room to tell me I am over reacting. Most people I know that have gotten seriously ill from a certain food, cannot eat that food again.

I like the the pepto bismol idea, but I usually carry a little beano with me to spray on my vegetables at lunch and dinner.

Thanks, Hosses!

You are on vacation, forget the Beano. You are on a ship moving 20 knots, no one will notice if you don't use it.

Ever again!!!! or just on this sailing?? or are you concerned that they have some contaminated Eggs Benedict left over from the Glory 13 months ago that they are going to try to pass off as fresh on your Pride sailing??? . . .

It matters not the logic of the situation. If one becomes extremely ill, even for a short time, from eating something it is very difficult to taste that food again.

I don't think it is a over reaction at all......someone who has been deathly sick with food poisoning from a particular food knows all about this;)

True. I've gotten it twice in my life (never on a ship). Once at a local Italian restaurant and once and Burger King, both in the city where I grew up. These were both 35+ years ago. It took about 10 years to get back to the Whopper but I still get the shakes when somone tosses lasagne in front of me.

Ever again!!!! or just on this sailing?? or are you concerned that they have some contaminated Eggs Benedict left over from the Glory 13 months ago that they are going to try to pass off as fresh on your Pride sailing???

After 18 cruises I've probably had eggs benedict 100+ times and I've never gotten sick (I'm sorry you did). But you would think that if there is a fleet wide issue with the way Carnival is preparing this dish that I would have had an issue at least once.

If you have every had food poisoning you would know why she won't ever touch eggs benedict again. :o I had it once, after a huge Thanksgiving meal, and I couldn't eat turkey, pecan pie, or anything else like that for a few years. Hate to be graphic....but whatever is in your stomach when you violently throw up until you feel like all is left is bile and blood...is something you never even want to see again.

Okay, I normally keep my comments to myself, i'm new to this forum and I have never seen so many rude people, the more I read, the more rude people I see. Yes, I'm talking to you okgirl, mykidsrock76 only answered the OP's question and you attacked you! Jeez, what is up with that? Didn't your mother ever tell you if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything! Sorry, just had to get that off my chest....

Okay, I normally keep my comments to myself, i'm new to this forum and I have never seen so many rude people, the more I read, the more rude people I see. Yes, I'm talking to you okgirl, mykidsrock76 only answered the OP's question and you attacked you! Jeez, what is up with that? Didn't your mother ever tell you if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything! Sorry, just had to get that off my chest....

I am sorry that your experience so far has been negative. I do not post too often just for that reason. That are a lot of helpful people on message boards, but unfortunately there are also those that are very critical and feel it is their right to just bash people ("since it is a discussion board after all", I love that response). And not just on CC. I have seen some nasty ones on other boards as well.

Every now and then I find a thread I feel compelled to reply to, such as this one based on my experience with the OP's question. Do not let it turn you off, just take it for what it's worth. You really can get some good info from the members of this board.

Hey gang.

One of my hosses' wife was wondering about the food situation on the ship. We're setting off in two weeks and she was wondering if there is any food to look out for. Is the food always fresh on the ship? Is there anything we should watch out for? Is eating a pizza at 3 am dangerous? Are the omelets well cook? Anybody get a bad steak? Are the salads sitting out all day? What is something safe to eat? Anybody ever get mercury poisoning from the sushi on the ship?

Thanks gang.

Of course there is food to look out for. The oat feed for hosses gets a little rancid at times. Of course the grubb for people is perfectly fine unless some of the hosses bring that darn noro virus with them.

Of course there is food to look out for. The oat feed for hosses gets a little rancid at times. Of course the grubb for people is perfectly fine unless some of the hosses bring that darn noro virus with them.

Got that right Sam Adams...

MMMM...eggs benedict

Archived