Cabin 6010- worried now!

bonni99

Have found out my cabin number for March 20th cruise on the Journey and am now a little worried- having read some of the posts on here- about noise and vibration and being above the cabaret? I do go on holiday to relax and the thought of the cabin being unbearably noisy and shuddery has me worried! We had one bad cabin on the Queen mary 2 which was directly above their theatre and vibrated with the sound of music all afternoon and evening so we asked to move and they did move us. should I be similarly worried? Any advice from anyone who stayed in a cabin near 6010?

We've stayed in forward cabins on deck 6 and found very little noise from the Cabaret. You could hear a little during rehearsals and during the shows but it was not enough to bother us. The ship noise and vibration was another story. If you are sensitive to noise and can get a cabin farther back you might be happier.

This is a small informal ship. No major noisy Broadway type shows. ....a small band and dancers. It's quiet. Vibration and noise are worse at the back of the ship. I got a guaranty cabin in that area. I was also very concerned at the time. However, I was pleasantly surprised that evrything was quiet and calm. Enjoy!

we were on quest in cabin 6015 last year and never had any problems at all either with noise or vibrations and as both ships are same you should be okay. also we were on journey late april last year in cabin 6036 and again no problems.we had fantastic time on both ships i would recommend azamara to anybody as long as they dont keep increasing the prices

leonjo

• 1 month later...

Just as an update to my post- we were in cabin 6010 for around 3 hours on the first day before rehearsals started in the cabaret and the noise and bass from the drums below was UNBEARABLE. Personally I dont think they should be selling cabins directly over a cabaret/band area- particularly when some of the shows dont start until 9.45- we went on this cruise for r and r and the noise and vibrations would have totally ruined our cruise. Thankfully a lovely New Zealand lady at Guest Relations moved us immediately to a cabin towards the rear of the ship on deck 7 where we had no noise and no vibration- it was perfect! She really saved our holiday!

Hi

We were in 6017 and were also shocked on arrival to hear lots of noise from the practice session in the cabaret below us. However, it only lasted an hour or so and after that we never heard anything. We do eat late and so we were never in our room during the evening cabaret sessions but we were always in bed by 11.30-midnight and there was never a peep of noise.

Lynne :)

Archived