Pictures of flying fish?

kdinkus1

Oh my gosh!! Thanks for posting these pictures. I tried so hard to get a picture of them last Sept. Is all I got was ocean!! As soon as I got home I typed in flying fish on the computer and read about them. Thanks for getting such nice pictures of them!! :)

These aren't the best pics in the world, but hey, they're better than nothing, right? It's extremely hard to get a GOOD, decent pics of these little buggers!

Fantasy695-02-4.jpg

Fantasy695-02-3.jpg

Flying fish--I had a cabin closer to the bow of the ship on the Splendor to Mexico and saw flying fish everyday and many schools all flying out of the water together!

I got off the Glory two weeks ago and saw flying fish everyday as well. I had a midship cabin and on several occasions I saw anywhere from a dozen to a hundred or more all flying out of the water at the same time to get away from the ship! It was amazing to see the large school all flying across the water at the same time....I too tried to take a photo and those suckers are too quick...video the same....

I always thought people were kidding when they talked about them, too! Until my last cruise on the Conquest, that is! It was on one of last days at sea and I was just enjoying the view over the side of the ship, then, all of a sudden, I saw them. My DH & I stood there quite awhile watching schools of them skim across the water. I tried to get pics, but no such luck. Thanks to the lucky ones for posting their's!

You can't fool me, I've seen Avatar. :p

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

- Abraham Lincoln

“You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on.”

- George W. Bush

:p

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

- Abraham Lincoln

“You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on.”

- George W. Bush

:p

That youtube clip has some great comments. :D

I never even looked at them - but now that I have - I think one or two of those posters could be candidates for the Darwin awards *giggle*.

"i am talking about revolution cuz maybe the sea creatures will fly and desert creatures will swim"

It's amazing that people still find it hard to believe that flying fish do exist! If you stand midship and look down alongside the ship, you will see what looks like giant gnats or mosquitos flying away from the ship (near the waterline). These ARE flying fish! Guaranteed! I have a picture of my dad standing, on the rear of his Navy destroyer, holding a flying fish!

:cool:Bill

• 2 months later...

I guess this is what we saw on our cruise on the Carnival Freedom last June. My friends and I were taking our nightly stroll on the lido and stopped to look over the side of the ship and saw them. At first we thought they were birds and I kept saying we were too far from land but they just said "they are birds what else can they be" so we juat left it at that. It was a school of them and they we dipping in and out of the water after flying for a little. I was pretty cool to see. After finding this thread I have told my friends and my best friend thought I was joking with him until I showed him the videos on youtube. He didn't think flying fish existed either.

Archived