Cove Balconies on Dream

Hap

The cabins are identical to standard balcony cabins other than the fact that they're faced by hull plating rather than Plexiglas. The location on the ship makes them VERY special.

I loved my Cove balcony cabin. You can read about it and see a number of pictures in my review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1092320

:)

I was just on the Dream 1/23 cruise. I was in 2276 cove. I has its good points. Where I was it was a close walk to the Glass elevators, 1 floor up was the atrium, and the dining room. Its a Great view of the ocean. When we cruise Europe I'm not getting one. I feel the other Balconys up higher have a better veiw of the landscape.

Hey, Host, do you know of a website that would have detailed measurements of cabins? I can't seem to find one on Google. Thanks!

Here ya' go...

Ocean View with Cove Balcony

Category: 7C

230 square feet total

Stateroom

185 square feet

Cove Balcony

45 square feet

Window

4' W x 4' H

Exactly what class cabin were you interested in?

Here ya' go...

Ocean View with Cove Balcony

Category: 7C

230 square feet total

Stateroom

185 square feet

Cove Balcony

45 square feet

Window

4' W x 4' H

Exactly what class cabin were you interested in?

I am booked in a cove, just wondering how it compares to the other balcony cabins on the Dream

I am booked in a cove, just wondering how it compares to the other balcony cabins on the Dream

Other than location, it's identical to a standard 8 baclony cabin except that the balcony is slightly larger on the Cove:

Ocean View with Standard Balcony

Categories: 8A 8B 8C 8D 8E 8F 8G

220 square feet total

Stateroom

185 square feet

Balcony

35 square feet

Window

4' W x 4' H

Is there a website you are getting the info from? Just out of curiosity, how do those compare with other cruiselines' standard balcony cabins?

There is but it's not a public web site... it's part of Carnival's intranet...

In general, Carnival's cabins are larger other lines...

I can't wait to try a cove balcony. One of the biggest draws for me on a cruise is to pop in my ears and go out and listen to the ocean and read a book .......it's like the best thing ever to me for stress.

I'm pinching pennies till we can go.........ugh

Cheers, Carole

I can't wait to try a cove balcony. One of the biggest draws for me on a cruise is to pop in my ears and go out and listen to the ocean and read a book .......it's like the best thing ever to me for stress.

I'm pinching pennies till we can go.........ugh

Cheers, Carole

Keep pinching those pennies... The Cove Balcony cabins are the best deal on any Carnival ship.

Keep pinching those pennies... The Cove Balcony cabins are the best deal on any Carnival ship.

You know I've seen that and wondered why? I'd pay a little bit <pinches fingers about an inch apart> more for them than the balcony that overlooks the lanai<sp?>

Anyway I'm excited!!! Oh and thanks so much for posting the pasta bar on the other thread, my hubby is a pasta FREAK and it's like a huge leverage thingy.

Cheers, Carole

Just got off the Dream too, (01/23) and had cove balcony 2414. We loved our balcony and the view.

The room is very large & spacious. The only negative to our room was that it is directly below the kitchen. It can be quite noisy at different times of the day. Nothing that kept us up during the night. Just a warning.

You think they would let me fish from the cove since it is so close to the water:p:D

Hehehehee... ya' know... there was a thing on John Heald's blog about a passenger... believe it was on the Liberty... who was fishing from the open area on the Promenade Deck just aft of the Atrium...

John asked the question... why not? Hehehhehe... other than the fact that the ship is doing about 23 mph and you're probably more likely to snag a fist than catch a fish I can't think of a reason either!

Here's a picture looking down from our Cove cabin to the ocean as the pilot boat retrieved the pilot sailing from New York... no zoom involved...

Dream231.jpg

You think they would let me fish from the cove since it is so close to the water:p:D

We actually had a fish on our cove balcony in December, the grandkids found it on the first morning. I really think since we were still close to the coast that a bird dropped it, but DH said it was a flying fish and he says jumped up there. We loved our cove balcony soooooo much that we rebooked for November, except for a corner aft wrap it is the best.

Hehehehee... ya' know... there was a thing on John Heald's blog about a passenger... believe it was on the Liberty... who was fishing from the open area on the Promenade Deck just aft of the Atrium...

John asked the question... why not? Hehehhehe... other than the fact that the ship is doing about 23 mph and you're probably more likely to snag a fist than catch a fish I can't think of a reason either!

Here's a picture looking down from our Cove cabin to the ocean as the pilot boat retrieved the pilot sailing from New York... no zoom involved...

Dream231.jpg

Awesome photo Thanks

That is close to the water Thats got to be cool at night with all the whitecaps from the wake

And the guy fishing just needed a bigger downrigger:D

I'm excited for our cove as well! I just hope they don't have to shut them for any reason. You never know what the weather is like in November. Last November there was a hurricane and it was a little rough when we went, so hopefully this time it will be smooth sailing.

Awesome photo Thanks

That is close to the water Thats got to be cool at night with all the whitecaps from the wake

And the guy fishing just needed a bigger downrigger:D

There are actually closer pictures than that as the swells at that point were running 20 feet. I swear, at one point the guy in the red shirt wasn't more than eight feet below our balcony.

The other guy in the picture, that you see headed away from the hull of the Dream, is the pilot. It took quite a while to get him off the ship in those conditions...

we actually had a fish on our cove balcony in december, the grandkids found it on the first morning. I really think since we were still close to the coast that a bird dropped it, but dh said it was a flying fish and he says jumped up there. We loved our cove balcony soooooo much that we rebooked for november, except for a corner aft wrap it is the best.

Sushi:D

Archived