Porta Shots - who has used them?

tammi0916

ok, maybe ima being a little dense here, but isnt that still smuggling?

and at a total of $46, why not just legally buy a bottle from the bon voyage dept.?

baf

because depending on what your choice of drink is the cost can be lower. example, i drink jack daniels, bon voyage, $65.00 for a litre. BUT, with that said, still works out a good deal. of course depending on how strong one likes their drink lol. but "basic" 1 1/2 oz shots you get 22 drinks from a litre. bring your own soda, so would break down approx 3.75 a drink. then of course if your out and about you'll have to run back to your cabin for another drink.. (bring a large travel mug lol)

ok, maybe ima being a little dense here, but isnt that still smuggling?

and at a total of $46, why not just legally buy a bottle from the bon voyage dept.?

baf

Bingo! The bottles from Bon Voyage are mostly 1 liter = 33oz, and for $46 or less you have several choices of decent stuff... delivered right to your room with no smuggling required. ;)

• 1 year later...

When going on vaca, I buy 2 12 pacs of the airline Bottles, Captain Morgan.

I have them in our beach bag, camera bag..pocket ...

couple on our carry on on the plane....train..anywhere...

so when we are out and I feel like a coctail, I have one..just order a D Coke or bring one with me....

Also I order a couple bottles from the Bon Voyage of the Capt to have in our room and on our balcony....

I do take them on a cruise. But I always order from Bon Voyage Dept too. They are really good to take to outdoor functions like concerts, etc. I actually take them on an airplane in my ziploc bag along with my other 3oz. stuff. The TSA nor the airline have ever said anything to me about them. As long as they are mixed with something else they are ok...it is more for convenience than for taste......

IMO I prefer to stick with drunk gummy bears if I want a quick shot of something tasty. Almost the same as doing a jello shot but it just looks like a bag of gummy bears and nobody knows the difference...until they taste one! You can walk around the ship all day long eating them and nobody will have a clue :)

Those stores are no where near Long Beach. The closest is Costa Mesa which may take you 2-3 hours round trip depending on traffic.

2-3 hours from Long Beach to Costa Mesa? Come on, traffic on the 405 is not that bad! :eek::D

IMO I prefer to stick with drunk gummy bears if I want a quick shot of something tasty. Almost the same as doing a jello shot but it just looks like a bag of gummy bears and nobody knows the difference...until they taste one! You can walk around the ship all day long eating them and nobody will have a clue :)

Where did you get those? I have never seen them. My husband is a gummi bear addict. They would maake a fun surprise!!!!

Where did you get those? I have never seen them. My husband is a gummi bear addict. They would maake a fun surprise!!!!

You make them! Add liquor to bag....seal....soak....eat! Although, with all the press they are getting lately on CC, the gummi bag shakers are likely to be called in soon!

Make sure you use the good flavored gummy bears (not the cheap kind). Put them in a pan, cover them in your favorite alcohol and let them set for a few days in the refrigertor. And watch their little bellys swell up as they absorb the all the great flavor of your favorite beverage! Then you have a great little snack with a punch :) If you're careful when you open the original package you can reseal it so you'll have to look really close if it was ever opened and since the gummies don't look much different...well it's hard to tell!

Oooooo... how could I have missed that?? Premium crap is still crap...

:D

a pig with lipstick is still a pig

Just bought 5 packs of 25 packets, i'll let you know how they work out on my cruise next week.

please do!

dont the bears get really big? and are they really that good? and what flavor/alcohol do you use.

Tammi- let me know what you decide! :D

they sound awesome!! can't wait to hear how they work out! on our last couple of cruises, my DH walked right through security with his flask! as he was going through the metal detector he took it out of his pocket, showed it, asked what to do with it, & they just slid him right through!! good times! :)

• 1 month later...
Porta shots taste like porta potty water!

Tried the RUM and the Vodka, both were good for mixing. Bought them in Florida for a two cruise back to L.A. on the NCL. Next cruise is on the Star for 28 days in the Pacific. Will try them there also.

• 10 months later...
Bought the vodka ones at Wine and More.... 13.99 for a pack of twenty five.. Will let you know how is goes

Paid the same for spiced rum at Sweetbay in FL. Not bad for mixing in Coke.

Waiting to hear if these are getting through in checked luggage?

Archived