Experienced RCCL Cruisers

Watery Dan

I definately concur with other posts , we always book our own reservations with C & A and if there is a price change it gets credited right away , also sometimes you'll see an upgrade to a better cabin or to a suite for the same price that you origionally paid --this usually takes place out of hours for travel agents .. BTW - on our cruise booked for 07mar10 we went from a Jr Suite to a Grand Suite for 100.00 more per person -- it was listed as a residency special .. so hope this helps -- and enjoy your cruise:)

Thanks all for your input. I experienced some delays in the past with my TA but we've always been loyal to them. This time we were able to find some staterooms on our own and would have missed them if we had waited till the next day. How do you guys keep up with offers, price drops and upgrade opportunites?

Thanks all for your input. I experienced some delays in the past with my TA but we've always been loyal to them. This time we were able to find some staterooms on our own and would have missed them if we had waited till the next day. How do you guys keep up with offers, price drops and upgrade opportunites?

ODV = Obsessive Daily Vigilance....:D;)

ODV = Obsessive Daily Vigilance....:D;)

There is also a computer program that will check for price drops.

Watery Dan,

Check the RC website frequently and when the price drops call and get the lower deal. Keep in mind though, RC occasionally has a special price for new bookings only. That price drop will not affect you. Give them a call and if you're eligible you'll get the reduction. After the final payment date the refund may be in the form of OBC (on board credit).

Cheers

I use that European site to check what room I want.......Then will call my " GREATEST " TA and have him do all of the work.......Then we get all of the great stuff he gives us while on board..........Plus he usually gets prices cheaper then the RCCL site.

MIke

I love the people at RCI. Most recently I needed to get a Platinum discount applied to my room so I did it via the internet chat function. The best part was when she reminded me that I would not get my discount if I downgraded my room category.:D My response was, "LOL, no chance of that!" (We are getting an incredible deal for the 4 of us in an OS and it was only $100 more expensive than a GS, why downgrade?). Very professional and totally easy. She had the credit applied and it appears on my account no problem.

Of course, I should say that I am a bit of a control freak and prefer to do things myself. I DID book through Amex one time and they were superb. The advantage there was I was able to pay partially with points (Amex Rewards card) and partially with cash which made the cruise much more affordable.:) I did my homework first and found the rate I wanted (which appeared on the RCI website but NOT the Amex site) and then just told the T.A. what I needed. It popped on her screen no problem.

I think the important thing to realize is that no matter where you book you'll need to do the research and keep up with price drops yourself. I wouldn't trust anyone else to do either of these things for me. The on thing I would go to a TA for is a lower price (which they can't do on royal carib), onboard credit or prepaid grats.

Archived