Silent Bob!!! Read this!!!

maureencruiser

Hi sb007, I was wondering, what do you think of your alter ego getting kicked off that Southwest flight? Come on, he is not THAT big!! Couldn't they just rearrange the passengers a little, I have seen that done many times. I am a "big" girl and I would be mortified. Oh well, I think they messed with the wrong guy, they are getting a lot of bad publicity...Happy cruising....Maureen

I'm a "big guy", and I think he's a hot head who's looking for publicity!

If you don't fit in a seat, you need two seats!!!! Southwest has a very generous policy. If you need a second seat, you can book it at the lowest fare possible. If the flight isn't 100% full, you get a refund for the second seat. This is as clear cut as it gets!

I am fortunate that I (still, LOL!) fit into one seat. And I have seen a LOT of times when they have stretched that definition. If he got booted, he wasn't even close.

This has nothing to do with "people of size". And it has nothing to do with Southwest having a "controversial" (actually, incredibly progressive and enlightened) policy.

This is about a B-list actor trying to make some noise. And it's really, REALLY pathetic!

I actually thought at first that he was just looking for publicity. But then I heard the news reporting that he had actually booked two seats, but got moved to a flight that only had one seat available. That being the case, I do feel a little bad for him. I know I'd be upset if that happened to me (I'm not overweight, but I can imagine).

If a person of size books 2 seats on Southwest, does that mean that they get to have 4 bags fly free?

All kidding aside, yes. Yes it does. I have a friend "of size", and he looked into this out of curiosity. In addition, you get 2 rapid rewards credits too!

HE did buy two seats BUT he wanted to fly earlier on standby.....and they only had ONE seat on the plane and I guess they didnt realize his size until after he was seated? hmmm.

I fly SWA exclusively, and to my knowledge, they don't offer a stand-by status unless an extra fee (price difference) is paid. Also, SWA has had this 2-seat policy for "large" passengers in effect for several years. SWA only flies 737s (3 seats - aisle - 3 seats). You are boarded in an A, B, or C group, depending on when you got your actual boarding pass, and then you sit in any vacant seat. SWA would have noticed his size at check-in, or (if he didn't check bags), at gate boarding. IMO, he has NO claim at all!

It is not relavent and should be discussed elswhere, it could be any cruise line and should be debated in the proper forum. There are way too many not appropriate post's on these boards.

If you don't like it, don't read the thread. It's that simple.

If you don't like it, don't read the thread. It's that simple.

Why are people like you quick to flame, it is just an opinion. You should just take a chill pill and deal with differant opinions than your own. Life is about being ourselves and not just going with what we think is normal behavior.

Why are people like you quick to flame, it is just an opinion. You should just take a chill pill and deal with differant opinions than your own. Life is about being ourselves and not just going with what we think is normal behavior.

Might try looking in the mirror. It can be startling.

I think the reason this was started was because we have a frequent poster on the RCI boards who goes by the name "Silent Bob." I had mentioned the story to him on another thread as an aside. As I said in my note to him, he was the first person I thought of when I saw the story on Kevin Smith, and that probably meant that I spend too much time on here. :) I don't think OP meant any harm. It just means that a lot of us on on here way too often! :eek:

You know Maggie, maybe we should just agree to disagree before this becomes a personal attack. I will just leave it at that as we are too differant in our opinions. I hope you agree?

Okay, but do want to say that I was not attacking you when I suggested that you just don't read the thread and maybe I should of added a smily to the post. But when you responded with the "chill pill" and accepted others opinions - well frankly, I thought you were attacking me for expressing my opinion. So apparently you weren't.

By the way, I did learn something on this thread that will help with my packing for the next cruise when I plan on flying SW. Hubby is an oversize person and I now intend on taking even more shoes! So yes, it relates to cruising for me.

And I do agree to disagree. No hard feelings on my part. Life is just to short for that kind of nonesense.

All kidding aside, yes. Yes it does. I have a friend "of size", and he looked into this out of curiosity. In addition, you get 2 rapid rewards credits too!

....because....... for his future rapid reward flights.......he will have to use twice as many credits for his 2 seats....;)

Archived