Cruise Bucket List - Your Dream Cruise Before Your Die?

Dan Askin

For me it would be the Galapagas Islands. It looks an incredible trip

I gotta second this one. A two-weeker on the Xpedition would easily be my dream cruise.

For me, personally, anything longer than two weeks or so starts to make me claustrophobic on board a ship. I would never be interested in a "world cruise" type thing. Obviously, I was never in the Navy. :o

Around the world with my hubby on a beautiful mid sized elegant ship full of fun interesting people with no complaints and no worries stopping at all the places I haven't been yet and want to go to such as Bermuda, Alaska, around Cape Horn, Australia, New Zealand, Tahiti, Fiji, Christmas Island (on Christmas :)), Ice Land, Norway, Scotland, etc etc etc LOL :p:D

A back to back in the Southern Caribbean on the Serenade! I love that ship! When I cruised on her in March, I was so envious of those who were able to go for two weeks! I absolutely love the southern Caribbean ports and Serenade is a great ship.

Ignoring reality, I'd plan a custom trip that spends more than one day at my favorite ports of call - Dominica, St. John (via St. Thomas), St. Lucia. An extended stay in St. John is on my official bucket list, but for now I can only afford to visit there one day at a time, via a cruise ship!!

• 7 months later...
I gotta second this one. A two-weeker on the Xpedition would easily be my dream cruise.

For me, personally, anything longer than two weeks or so starts to make me claustrophobic on board a ship. I would never be interested in a "world cruise" type thing. Obviously, I was never in the Navy. :o

Do you actually mean 'back to back' on the Xpedition? We've done the Xpedition twice, but during consecutive years. I think going back to back on the Xpedition would be pretty exhausting. This is a trip that practically requires a 'vacation' to recover from the 'vacation'. :rolleyes: But this trip was on the top of my 'bucket list', and it still is ... we have done it, and done it, and we will do it again ... someday. ;)

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but for Mrs. Tex and I, right now our bucket cruise is one that would involve a ship instead of a Subaru. We've got about 10 years to do it (we retire then, and our income will be, um... somewhat reduced, shall we say?).

Wild blue yondering, though, would be a TA on the Constitution -- you know, 44 guns, three masts, etc. Under sail, of course. Then come back by completing a clockwise circuit of the coasts on something with a few more amenities!

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but for Mrs. Tex and I, right now our bucket cruise is one that would involve a ship instead of a Subaru. We've got about 10 years to do it (we retire then, and our income will be, um... somewhat reduced, shall we say?).

Wild blue yondering, though, would be a TA on the Constitution -- you know, 44 guns, three masts, etc. Under sail, of course. Then come back by completing a clockwise circuit of the coasts on something with a few more amenities!

Would four or five masts, and no guns be alright? We have done two cruises on Windstar ... one on Windsurf in the Caribbean, and one on Windstar in Costa Rica. Some websites rate this line as the best small ship cruise line in the world ... we agree with that. The parent company is presently in Chapter Eleven, but Windstar has apparently been 'bought' by an investment firm that is doing everything necessary to keep it going. All trips are operating as scheduled. We plan on booking another one soon. :D

Each year they do a repositioning from the Caribbean to Costa Rica through the Panama Canal ... that might be enough 'yondering'.

My absolute bucket list cruise would be sailing south from Anchorage along the coast of Alaska....bear right once past Seattle and then on to Hawaii, from Hawaii around the tip of South America, back up North starting to stop on Aruba, St Kitts, and then further north to Bermuda, and then over to Cherbourg France, Take the train into Paris, and then board a river boat to take us to Normandy so that my DH can visit where his father fought. Then back on board a ship from northern France to take us home. Oh but that ship would be a Cunard, and I would be dressed up, and wear a dress like my mother wore, when we sailed to France back in the 60's. I can wish.

I have some many dreams about cruising but top three:

Quark Expedition Kapitan Khlebnikov 29 days Ross Sea - in the corner suite. This is first one.

Quark Expedition Kapitan Khlebnikov 66 days in the Artic - in the corner suite. This is the second one.

Take my entire family 9 brothers and sisters with their spouses and children, plus my mother and mother in law (total 27 people) and go to a Disney cruise in the best suites. Top 3.

Would four or five masts, and no guns be alright? We have done two cruises on Windstar ... one on Windsurf in the Caribbean, and one on Windstar in Costa Rica. Some websites rate this line as the best small ship cruise line in the world ... we agree with that. The parent company is presently in Chapter Eleven, but Windstar has apparently been 'bought' by an investment firm that is doing everything necessary to keep it going. All trips are operating as scheduled. We plan on booking another one soon. :D

Each year they do a repositioning from the Caribbean to Costa Rica through the Panama Canal ... that might be enough 'yondering'.

Heh... Too many masts, wrong rigging. I love the old square-rigged warships. That's probably why I've always loved the Hornblower and Bolitho stories. The ships have a romance about them and, at the same time, such an aggressive and businesslike look. Although if the ship were fully crewed it would be a miserably crowded adventure for sure!

Boy,

Well of course a world cruise is the obvious one....

BUT I would have to say that right now I am obsessed with the idea of cruising the Mediterranean, around the British Isles and on to the Baltics and Scandinavia! Couple months should do it!

Then..... A european river cruise (or series of cruises)

Then..... On to South America, Asia and Australia!!!

Finally a dose of Antarctica wouldn't hurt....

My ambition is to see the World IDEALLY from a cruise ship / Italy is one place I really want to go to but my dream is the SOUTH PACIFIC ....Tahiti Fiji Society islands etc New Zealand and Australia would be cool .China a must and NorthWEst South America ...Peru Bolivia etc I hear Turkey is awesome.

As you can see lots of area to cover I wish I had the MOOLAh to take LONG trips where I could enjoy snorkeling everywhere I also would love to return to Alaska

5 -8 trips a year would be a Good start ...hopefully get hubby to come along

I think I would enjoy a Really long cruise 3 weeks or more .....of course weather cooperating

A small boat to Antarctica to see icebergs The ones in Greenland were AMAZINg

Now where am I going to find the $$$$ to do ALL this!!!!

Michele

Dream Cruise would be to own the largest unit on the World (Residensea) and to do a world cruise on the World. The dream would be to own a unit and live on the World either permanently or as long a period of time that I wanted to.......in my dreams....and, of course, only possible if I win the lottery!!:p

For me it would be a World Cruise with overnight stays in all the major ports and departing & retuning to my home port of Vancouver so no flights and thus no luggage restrictions..old world steamer trunks here I come... and of course in a suite and also being able to take the family along too..my Grandsons love to cruise and would prefer to be on one of Celebrity's new S class of ship.

1-- A true around the world in a Penthouse, Presidential or Owner's suite. Maximum number of ports, with maximum length of stays. Limo from home to the airport, first class air, limo to the five-star precruise hotel, presidential suite, limo to the pier. On Celebrity, if they were to ever offer an ATW-- aft PH on Summit, Constellation, Millennium or Infinity. If money were truly no object, I'd charter the ship and invite along 2,000 of my closest Cruise Critic friends!:D

2-- Charter a private yacht for a Grand Caribbean and Central America cruise. At least one port in every independent nation, along with at least one British, French and Dutch port. Back and forth through the Panama Canal so I can get to El Salvador. Cuba included, just so I can cross it off my list. Twenty-four hours in each port so I can say I've spent a day in every nation.

3-- An Antarctic cruise/expedition that camps out for one night on the continent (part of being able to say I've spent a day (or night, at least) on every continent). Out of curiosity, has Bare Essentials ever done an Antarctic charter?:eek::rolleyes::p

We have sailed to every place on our bucket list (the last on the list, but #1 for years) was Egypt, and we finally made it there a few years ago. We worked on the Bucket list for 20 years until each place was checked off the list. Now we tend to just revisit our all time favorite places. ;)

A world cruise probably would not interest us much. Way too long, and from what the staff tells me about passengers onboard the world cruises, most passengers get bored about half way through and become very cranky. I don't ever want to be on a cruise long enough where we become cranky because it becomes old. A month (or less) is a perfect length of time to enjoy, without it becoming the same old same old. ;)

Archived