Cruise Bucket List - Your Dream Cruise Before Your Die?

Dan Askin

I don't know that there is one. Here however is my dream list;

• Western Mediterranean
  • Lesser Antilles
  • Tahiti, Fiji etc. (Paul Gaugin Cruises)
  • Princess' World Cruise

We will potentially do the Western Med next summer, or who knows maybe back to Greece. LOVE Greece...

Taking my Grandson on a cruise to see the Greek Islands. He's cruise many times, without expressing a preference. Someone mentioned Greece and he said he would love to see the Greek ruins. I had thought this would be a wonderful trip for next summer, as his graduation present from me. Sadly, my daughter and son-in-law won't agree to let me take him :(.

Always wanted to do a Transatlanic aboard a true Ocean Liner (not a cruise ship).

After almost 60 cruises (Caribbean, Bermuda , Bahamas ,Canada, Mexico, ect. ) we finally did it !

Just returned from that Transatlantic aboard the QM2 .

Lived up to all of my expectations . :D

• 2 months later...

If money was not an object than my DREAM CRUISE would be a true world cruise on one of the new BIG ships preferably on one of Celebrity's S class in a concierge cabin and taking my family with me... This cruise would overnight in many ports and would include a circumnavigation of Australia, the Galapos Islands, a long enough stop in Africa so that we can do a Safarai and also have time to visit Victoira Falls, a visit to Komodo Island in Indonesia, would include stops in places like Greenland & Iceland, Scotland & Ireland, plenty of time for shopping in Stanley Market in Hong Kong and an overnight in Bankok so that we can shop at the Night Market...Defintiely would be a LONG voyage and to top it all off I would want it to be round trip out of Vancouver Canada

travel to and experiencing on foot, all 7 continents.

Bucket List 2: The Menopause Years, will include going farther south on Antarctica as well as lots more time in Africa and Australia.

Sailing on a sailboat around the South Pacific for at least a month.

Visiting at least 100 countries before I am 60.

We have been fortunate to have done a 30 day cruise to Hawaii and the South Pacific! :D We are now contemplating booking Celebrity Millennium B2B2B Ensenada to Honolulu, then Honolulu to Sydney, and Sydney to Singapore. Australia is definitely on my bucket list. I try to make my bucket list obtainable. Yep, It's great to dream :eek:, but I also like to make it a reality someday. :D

My biggest bucket list item is to visit the Maldives, but I don't know if that will ever come to happen. If it does, I will love it, and if not, I can still dream about going. Others places on my bucket list are Machu Picchu, Egypt and the Pyramids, And back to the South Pacific and visit New Caledonia and Vanawatu. I think I will make all of these places, but not so sure about the Maldives! :D :D

For me it would be the Galapagas Islands. It looks an incredible trip

My wife would also love to take this trip. She has done much reading and research on Charles Darwin. Needless to say, I would like to go along as well!;)

Our dream cruises are less likely to come true than the million-dollar ones some of you would like, but here goes......

TransAtlantic on Normandie and Queen Mary.

Hawaii from LA on Matson liners; maybe Lurline.

TransAtlantic from Greece on Olympia; later cruises on her as Regal Empress.

TransAtlantic on France; more cruises as Norway.

England to South Africa on Transvaal Castle; more on any Premier Cruises ship.

TransAtlantic on Rafael and Michelangelo.

Any trip on Rotterdam, with plenty of evenings to dance in the Ritz Carlton.

Without a time machine, I don't expect to do any of those, but still I dream......

I don't know if my husbands falls into "cruise" necessarily! He wants to buy a 120 ft+ yacht and just go wherever :)

Alas... I am not that adventurous (and would still have to do cooking and cleaning then ICK!!)

I also tend to think that I couldn't handle a 100+ day cruise at a time, to me that just seems... so long away from my family/kids! On the other hand, I would love to book a bunch private charter Catamaran's. Ones that come with a cook.. and someone else to take care of the boat... and yeah all that! Also knowing that the boat itself is on my pay roll, means that if say I really liked this place, we can change things on no notice. That would also give the freedom to explore in land and since money is no object, fly family members in and out at their and our convince!

Baring all that, I would love to take the full Russian River Cruise tours. I was in Russian for 3 weeks when I was 12, and would LOVE to go back at some point in my life!

Who knows.. my husband has decided after 3 weeks of 70+ hour weeks in a row... he needs a new job. Which means going back to school. If all goes well.. we will triple our income in 3-4 years. He says he doesn't want to go into the private sector of the field... but hey I can hope for some rich families who want to travel... but will need his services for it :D

We have already booked our "bucket list" cruise...Next Sept. 30 aboard the Carnival Spirit 17 day to Australia...Then 7 days in Sydney in an apartment to see places there...Then the 13 day cruise around New Zealand on the Dawn Princess.....:):)...Dennis

Archived