Online Reservation Enhancements

DebbieH103

I received the below email today:

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dear Travel Partner,

We would like to inform you of the following enhancements to our dining reservations, effective immediately. Beginning with the cruises below, online dining reservations are now open 75 days prior to the embarkation date of the cruise, 45 days earlier than they previously were.

As a reminder, each guest is permitted one reservation in each specialty restaurant, per cruise, or per cruise segment in the case of our World Cruise, Circle South America, Discovery Collection and Grand Asia-Pacific voyages.

Guests booking back-to-back combination cruises are also now able to make one reservation for each published cruise. In addition to making reservations online, dining reservations may now also be made

by calling Reservations at 800.285.1835.

The above enhancements take effect immediately with the following cruises:

Seven Seas Navigator March 19, 2010

Seven Seas Mariner March 22, 2010

Seven Seas Voyager April 15, 2010

My TA called me about this email. Since I'm on the 3/22 cruise, I made my two reservations. However, when my traveling companion, who is in a different cabin with a different booking number, tried to make his reservations he couldn't because he's already a guest on my reservation. He even called Regent and they said to try to make a reservation once we get on board.

My TA called me about this email. Since I'm on the 3/22 cruise, I made my two reservations. However, when my traveling companion, who is in a different cabin with a different booking number, tried to make his reservations he couldn't because he's already a guest on my reservation. He even called Regent and they said to try to make a reservation once we get on board.

The system worked with your traveling companion. The Reservation Rules say: "Guests are only permitted to make one reservation per restaurant per cruise. If another guest has invited you to dine with them, you will not be permitted to make your own second reservation."

What was strange on my cruise (April 9th) was that a table for two was only bookable at 6:30 or 7 no matter what day I chose. If I said that I was willing to share a table, additional times of 7:30 and 8 were available. This may change in a day or two so I'll keep checking.

Dave

I guess things are a changing....

In the past, I've made advanced reservation for a table of 6 without knowing who the guests would be. I honestly told them I wasn't sure yet but would let them know as soon as I knew.

What about a "newbie" who may not know other passengers, wants a table for 6 but not sure yet who they're going to meet and invite once onboard ? I guess these reservations need to be made once on board now.

In that case, I believe the "newbie" would just elect to share the table and Regent will place them with others on board who made a reservation at the same time and also elected to share their table - so one might share a table of 4, 6, 8, etc. The main difference between the old system and the new appears to be that you used to choose table size, where now you either dine with a specific number of invited friends, or opt to share and can't specify how many fellow passengers you want to share with.

Archived