For those that have sailed other lines what do you miss the most ?

Tammylyne

Something I miss . . . after a day on shore in ninety plus degree weather

in the Caribbean . . . the welcome back on Princess was so nice. As you are about to walk on the ship, you are given an icy cold, wet rolled wash cloth. It was like Heaven.

I was on Carnival Triumph last year and there was sing along in the piano bar, but it ws too smoky for me to stay in there for long.

I think they've had piano sing-along on every Carnival cruise I've been on, but it's never been any good... The guy just couldn't drum up the fun and excitement... Couldn't ad-lib funny lyrics... It was "his" show, not the audiences. They were all overly smokey, too, but I could deal with it if the fun factor were there.

We sailed RCCL last year and all I wanted was the warm chocolate cake. I tried all other desserts but none as satisfying as the ooey gooey goodness of that warm chocalate cake :p We are sailing carnival again this year and thats all that I think about :)

Soo to those of you who have cruised various cruise lines what is it from carnival do you miss the most?

Tammy , I'm with you girl. I don't think I could cruise on another line if they don't have the melting cake!! LOL ...by the 2nd night my waiter knows to bring me that desert with out me having to say icon10.gif ....I even think I moan just a tiny bit ....so sad ...haha

But we absolutely love cruising Carnival...like the crew , the food , the entertainment...we keep saying we are going to try another line , but I don't know if I can cruise with anybody else!! ...... Carnival for these Monkeyheads :)))

I love the Key Lime Pie and fruit tart on RCCL, will I miss them on Carnival? How about the fruit topped waffles? My first Carnival cruise is just around the corner :D :D :D

My first Carnival cruise is around the corner too! So excited!!

I agree, the Key Lime Pie is pretty good on RC. I'll miss the Vidalia Onion Tart and the chilled pear soup with cranberries on top. Time to give another line a try though. And aren't you excited to try different menus on Carnival?? I know I am! Have you checked out the menus on the Carnival Wiki??

http://www.unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Category:Menus

My first Carnival cruise is around the corner too! So excited!!

I agree, the Key Lime Pie is pretty good on RC. I'll miss the Vidalia Onion Tart and the chilled pear soup with cranberries on top. Time to give another line a try though. And aren't you excited to try different menus on Carnival?? I know I am! Have you checked out the menus on the Carnival Wiki??

http://www.unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Category:Menus

I am excited to try everything about carnival!! Thanks for the link... I just wasted about 1/2 hour reading it :D

Now don't get me wrong, I have loved all of my cruises, but my Carnival cruises have been much more fun than Celebrity/NCL/RCCL. I miss the more relaxed atmosphere the most. Also, I am just not made out for the freestyle or anytime dining. I really enjoy having dinner with other people and getting to know them even if they're weird. Or if they think I am weird.

I have not been on a Carnival cruise yet, looking forward to our first in April. One item we had on a Celebrity cruise that I loved and did not have on any RC cruises is the made to order Belgium Waffles at breakfast. Does Carnival have this?

Celebrity and RC had ice cream machines 24/7, and Celebrity also has robes.

Can't wait to party on Carnival, it sounds like a blast!! A big thing that was missing on Celebrity. Everything was nice, and trust me much better than home, but there were no fun activities or party atmosphere like we had on both our RC cruises. From the sounds of it Carnival is even more fun. :D Thanks everyone for getting me even more excited!!!

I think they've had piano sing-along on every Carnival cruise I've been on, but it's never been any good... The guy just couldn't drum up the fun and excitement... Couldn't ad-lib funny lyrics... It was "his" show, not the audiences. They were all overly smokey, too, but I could deal with it if the fun factor were there.

Hi Fat Boy! Our piano bar guy on the Holiday was not good at all. But when I was on the Carnival Valor, they had Joel Sarakula from Australia, and he was amazing! Everyone loved him, and we would cheer him to keep on going late into the night. He enjoyed doing it so much, that the security would have to force him to shut things down. He's not doing cruiselines anymore, but hopefully Carnival finds more like him. It's good to see your name on the boards again.

Colin

I really miss nothing from one cruise line to the next when I am cruising on a different one. I enjoy the one I am on and what makes them different and look forward to what I like on them.....;);)

Going on HAL in a few days and will love it for what they have to offer....:cool:

I love the Key Lime Pie and fruit tart on RCCL, will I miss them on Carnival? How about the fruit topped waffles? My first Carnival cruise is just around the corner :D :D :D

mmm Vidalia Tart..our waiter would bring me 2 every night!

Archived