!!Silly Accesories!!

TnMama

Hi Yall. Do any of you wear silly accesories when you sail?

I bought some big red fly eye {think classic RayBan's} glasses with a mirrored lenses. I bought my roomie some lime green ones. They are loud and goofy. And hopefully we wont wind up on one of those "What were they Thinking wearing that" thread.lol.

I want to get some cheap Wilma Flinstone esque pearls too. and some big earrings just to be silly and out of my normal small silver hoop and no necklace box. I figure what the heck, its summer time, Im on a ship so why not!

Anyone else do that?:):D:)

I want to get some cheap Wilma Flinstone esque pearls too. and some big earrings just to be silly and out of my normal small silver hoop and no necklace box. I figure what the heck, its summer time, Im on a ship so why not!

You mean you can only go from one extreme (minimalist) to the other extreme (comic looking & silly)? I dunno.. seems there is a tasteful middleground in there you're not tapping in to.

Coldwater Creek sells tasteful, yet colorful inexpensive accessories. Perhaps you can find something for that large middleground there....?

Nope. Don't wear silly stuff anytime and and wouldn't on a cruise either. Wore some Mardi Gras beads once and a lei another time just to meet up with other Roll Call members for the sailaway. After the sailaway....gone.

But...whatever floats YOUR boat.

I did buy a white Coldwater Creek sweater, with palm trees and ocean waves around the bottom. But I guess that's not really an accessory...no I haven't bought any "silly" accessories - yet! I am watching a pink flamingo tote bag on ebay though... :D

It's neither in the best interests of my wallet nor storage capacity to buy things that will fall apart after a few wearings or that I'll only wear once. That applies to both clothing and accessories. I don't have many accessories or much jewelry, but nearly all of what I do have is "good" (which is such a relative term anyhow) and will hopefully last me for a long, long time.

Most of what I've bought for this upcoming vacation was with an eye towards "where can I wear this or use this again?"

Im Bipolar so that makes me one of the ulitmate extremeist! lol. I make light of it. Im either really loud and crazy or dark and brooding. There really is not much middle ground for me. :eek: I prefer to be goofy and silly, but there is a serious side to me.

I will be away from home,my Dh and my kids and I like to goof off! Not that I dont do that with them, but I wont be getting "the look" from Dh,lol.

With my clothes and stuff, heck yeah, I will be wearing them again this summer and next and the next,lol. But those dollar store things that are seasonal. Like Fonkey looking water bottles, loud lipstick, lei's, maybe a blinkie headband!!!

I have a pair of sunglasses that I find hilarious. They're a shiny silvery-pink frame and HUGE! They look like something Elton John would have worn in the 70's (maybe not that bad, but still...). I bought them as a joke, but I wear them all the time. They're surprisingly flattering to my face. They are cheap and I will wear them until they fall apart, including on my upcoming cruise. :cool:

I have a pair of sunglasses that I find hilarious. They're a shiny silvery-pink frame and HUGE! They look like something Elton John would have worn in the 70's (maybe not that bad, but still...). I bought them as a joke, but I wear them all the time. They're surprisingly flattering to my face. They are cheap and I will wear them until they fall apart, including on my upcoming cruise. :cool:

Thats EXACTLY what Im talking about, lol. I love my red ones I just bought....

I also will look at some lei's too. Life is waaaay to short. This thread is ment to be silly,not gasp at blowing money.:D;):p

Hi Yall. Do any of you wear silly accesories when you sail?

I bought some big red fly eye {think classic RayBan's} glasses with a mirrored lenses. I bought my roomie some lime green ones. They are loud and goofy. And hopefully we wont wind up on one of those "What were they Thinking wearing that" thread.lol.

How do you know she will like the lime green ones?? LOL cant wait to wear them on the cruise :D

No, I wouldn't wear these things off the ship, so I wouldn't wear them on the ship either. Not my type of thing, but if you like, enjoy.

On one of our cruises, I guess a woman was channeling Rudolph, because she wore a red nose everytime I saw her, and a pair of reindeer antlers. And yes, she did get a lot of stares, but I am guessing that's what she wanted.

I can't wear those type of sunglasses due to the fact mine are

presricption (besides those aren't my style either). So, if I want to

see, I have to wear my regular sunglasses;):)

No, I wouldn't wear these things off the ship, so I wouldn't wear them on the ship either. Not my type of thing, but if you like, enjoy.

On one of our cruises, I guess a woman was channeling Rudolph, because she wore a red nose everytime I saw her, and a pair of reindeer antlers. And yes, she did get a lot of stares, but I am guessing that's what she wanted.

That made me spray ice cream on my laptop screen!!! Im still giggling!After the bad experience my family and I just had at a local Applebee's I NEEDED that laugh. TY! Im sure thats what she wanted too.

How do you know she will like the lime green ones?? LOL cant wait to wear them on the cruise :D

They're in the mail now. Was hoping they'd get there before the Blizzard,but the lady at the post office kept it real when she said it will be Monday. Taste the Rainbow Roomie!

Lois, Ive looked at your pictures on here off and on. You take great pics!!! I got my reading glasses with those transition lenses so I can read on deck!

Oh my gosh yea!!! We are with you. Hey it is your vacation have fun!!! I have 3 DD one turning 30 and the youngest 24 (so don't even guess my age) and we have had so much fun shopping and buying stuff. We have shopped clearance and our deal was nothing over $10. we bought so many cute outfits and one was matching dresses that I would probably never wear here but they all insisted on me getting one too!! Have fun!!!

Ladies from our group would bring boa's. We would have all colors. Been in many of ship vidoes. We usally wore them on the formal nights. Had alot of looks but we didnt care. On one cruise my waiter loved it so I gave it to her, she couldnt thank me enough.

LOL at Mom and DD's goofing off and the boa's at formal night. Im not sure Id want to do feathers at sea,fraid of molting,lol. But that does sound like fun.

Im with ya on the clearance rack clothes. We have Cato around here,and When last summer's stuff went on sale last year, it just happend to be around my bday,so I had money. I hit it like a tornado,lol. Got a ton of cute shirts. Few days ago I even found a cute blue shirt,that hits me mid hip at Walmart for 2 bucks! Goodwill has cute stuff too. Im not a "Name Brand" kind of girl. If its cute and fits,and preferably on sale,then I sntach it up. I rarely buy anything full price,except for a shirt I recently wore for our anniversary. But,hey,it was a special occasion.;)

Im 28,and my roomie is in her early 40's {Michelle,your secret is safe with us} but We still plan to be goofwads and have a ball.

Sarah I would wear something silly on a cruise..... come to think of it I have wore something silly on a cruise. After coming from Senor Frogs in San Juan I kept my balloon hat on until my best friend popped it! I've done it at home too! When I go places that make balloon animals and hats for kids I get one too! I have some flashing light sunglasses that I got from Six Flags and a santa **** hat! If I were to name every silly thing I have it would take hours and yes I actually wear them (especially when going somewhere fun like a beach or amusement park).

I don't care if people are looking at me and if they have a problem with it don't look! I guess I get that attitude from forking at an amusement park for so long! I wish I was going with you guys so I could rock a pair of bright retro sunglasses too!:cool:

Sarah I would wear something silly on a cruise..... come to think of it I have wore something silly on a cruise. After coming from Senor Frogs in San Juan I kept my balloon hat on until my best friend popped it! I've done it at home too! When I go places that make balloon animals and hats for kids I get one too! I have some flashing light sunglasses that I got from Six Flags and a santa **** hat! If I were to name every silly thing I have it would take hours and yes I actually wear them (especially when going somewhere fun like a beach or amusement park).

I don't care if people are looking at me and if they have a problem with it don't look! I guess I get that attitude from forking at an amusement park for so long! I wish I was going with you guys so I could rock a pair of bright retro sunglasses too!:cool:

I can soooo see you pulling that off too,Sista! lol. {youre up early btw,Monkey woke me up and while he went back to sleep,I couldnt,so coffee with SUGAR vs splenda it is today}

Maybe you wont be SOL on the shades. I do have your addy after all. tee hee. we'll see.

I can soooo see you pulling that off too,Sista! lol. {youre up early btw,Monkey woke me up and while he went back to sleep,I couldnt,so coffee with SUGAR vs splenda it is today}

Maybe you wont be SOL on the shades. I do have your addy after all. tee hee. we'll see.

Lol I know I'm up early but I can't sleep! I've been up all night and keep trying to force myself to go to sleep! It would be fun to start exchanging little tokens! I'll have to get your address and see some of the weirdest things I can find to mail you!:p

Lol I know I'm up early but I can't sleep! I've been up all night and keep trying to force myself to go to sleep! It would be fun to start exchanging little tokens! I'll have to get your address and see some of the weirdest things I can find to mail you!:p

Get you some melatonin. I take prescription stuff,also known as vitamin X.But when you go to bed at 8,and sleep with a wallering DH, and have a lil Monkey wanting his Mommy at 3:30, I was awake after that. blah!!!

Ok,so I hijacked my own thread,:eek:.

Get you some melatonin. I take prescription stuff,also known as vitamin X.But when you go to bed at 8,and sleep with a wallering DH, and have a lil Monkey wanting his Mommy at 3:30, I was awake after that. blah!!!

Ok,so I hijacked my own thread,:eek:.

Lol you did hijack your own thread! Ok so I thought of something else silly I used to wear all the time. When I was working at Six Flags I used to take the wrappers off my soda and water bottles and wear them as bracelets and take small coke cups, put a hole in the bottom and wear them as wrist cuffs. I would also wear caution tape as a headband and wear 2 ponytails with bright colored ribbons in my hair! I know there are more crazy things I've worn and I'm pretty sure I have some pictures around here some I guess I'll let them stay hidden!The guests seemed to like it and think it was funny. As long as I made people smile:)

Hahaha! Im a bit too old for that,but back when,SURE! lol. We used to get drunk and dance in circles with Bud Light labels stuck to our foreheads! whos ever fell of first had to take a shot. If I tried to play the "tractor game" as we called it Id fall out 2 shots in,lol.

Hahaha! Im a bit too old for that,but back when,SURE! lol. We used to get drunk and dance in circles with Bud Light labels stuck to our foreheads! whos ever fell of first had to take a shot. If I tried to play the "tractor game" as we called it Id fall out 2 shots in,lol.

Lol! I'm afraid to ask what the tractor game is.

Archived