Left something behind, any chance will get it back?

friscocruiser

Carnival found US before we even realized it was missing. (Camera with phone # on it)

RCCL notified within an hour of leaving the ship.....called the terminal...emailed the CD...told us there was no chance of it being turned in (it was a glucose meter).

I now tag everything!

Once I left my glasses on a cruise and called to report it. A little under a month later my glasses were mailed to me along with a used woman's razor and other misc things that were not mine. Oh well, I got my glasses back and just threw the rest away and all was good.

I forgot my camera in my cabin, told them exactly where it was even had a picture of all my mailing info on the memory card...... never got it back.:mad: They wouldnt even ask the room steward!!!

Getting new one for Christmas, hubby said we would do the ports again :D

I read on here once about a woman who found a necklace in her safe that was left by the cruisers before her. She contacted Carnival and got the two parties in touch with each other. The lady was able to accurately describe the necklace and was able to get it back. So there are some good people in the world.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You might also try posting in the roll call for the next ship. If they don't wash the robes, maybe somebody on CC can go by and ask the people in that cabin to check. I'd give it a shot!

Just a heads up. The person who left the camera in the robe pocket posted that over 3 years ago.:)

Bill

This is going to sound really silly - but we left our shoes on the Imagination - had "closed toe" shoes in the closet next to our carry on bags to wear to the airport, somehow put on our flip flops, pulled the suitcases out and forgot the shoes. Both pairs were fairly new - I loved mine - and we realized it within 20 minutes of debarking. Called immediately and filed a report ... shoes never came back. My shoes had been worn 2x, my daughter's about the same - both were recieved as Christmas gifts about a week prior to sailing. I hope whoever has them is enjoying them. (and I do believe that someone is wearing them - knowing what life is like in some of the countries they hire from, those shoes may have been a great bonus "find" for somebody)

I even offered to go back to the cruise terminal and wait until someone could check my cabin, but was told that wouldn't be possible ... maybe with an expensive item like a camera you'll have better luck because someone might be afraid of losing their job, but the less "valuable" items I think are just used by the employees under the assumption that you didn't want them and that's why they were left behind. By the time the report gets to the ship, the items are already being used and won't be returned.

I left my money clip and credit cards in my room safe and I got everything back, including the the cash. I called Carnival Customer service and reported it time I got home and They sent it to me. It took about a week. Good luck.

ugh, that must have been devastating! I am so sorry to hear that!

I have thought long and hard about it and I am leaving my rings at home. They are very loose on me (lost a bunch of weight since I was first married) and I know I would end up putting them in the safe. I would be so worried I would forget them (because that's the kind of person I am, lol) so I am just taking them off and leaving them in a drawer at home.

It will be tough to be without them though. my hand feels funny without them.

Same problem here. I bough a cheap "travel ring" a little large because my fingers always swell on the cruise.

So this time, I will just make sure I keep up with my stuff better. I think I will make a check list of what I take and tick things off as I re-pack to come home, that way I will know if I am missing something.

Actually, I do that every trip and it works well!

I guess I am a packing geek!:o

Is MACH back? I hope he's back on these boards. I really missed is wise insights in cruising on Carnival.

Just a heads up. The person who left the camera in the robe pocket posted that over 3 years ago.:)

Bill

I missed your post Bill and yours was directly above mine. So I guess this means that Mach isn't back.

Does anyone know whatever happened to him since leaving CC?

You might also try posting in the roll call for the next ship. If they don't wash the robes, maybe somebody on CC can go by and ask the people in that cabin to check. I'd give it a shot!

If that's the case I don't wanna know

Reminds me of a helpful hint I learned on CC! Put your items in a Ziploc bag before putting them in the room safe. Hopefully this would help keep from leaving something small in the safe.

I had already filed this hint in the back of my mind - after reading this thread it sounds like it is a good idea!

On our recent Conquest On our recent Conquest cruise, as we were getting off the ship, when they scanned my s&s, it didn't ding, it thudded! they told me I had left some binoculars in the room, and could go to service desk to get them. We had also left an unopened bottle of champagne, but that was not turned in:p

A member was once reunited with their pink croc so you just never know when good fortune will shine upon you! ;)

A friend of mine was once reunited with his wife at the end of the cruise just so you know bad fortune can shine upon you too ;)

I missed your post Bill and yours was directly above mine. So I guess this means that Mach isn't back.

Does anyone know whatever happened to him since leaving CC?

Mach is doing fantastic and we have another Crazies cruise coming up soon.

I feel so bad for all of you missing something. I've been on the boards for years and have learned to double and triple check the safe, even lifting the little piece of fabric and feeling under it. I check the closets several times. Never left anything.

Archived