Shirley Temples included with Soda Card?

We ordered shirley temples in the Pyramid Lounge on Independence last week (we were alcoholed out and it was late, but wanted some sugar to perk us up so we could stay awake through the late-night comedy show) and were asked for our soda cards (which we didn't have, because that was the only soda we drank all week). It must be another thing that varies by ship/bartender.

My kids have ordered Shirley Temples and Roy Rogers using the soda card with no problem. Maybe it depends on the bartender. They have ordered them in the dining room as well.

What's a Roy Rogers? The male equivalent of a Shirley Temple? Is it made the same way - sprite and grenadine?

Thanks everyone...sounds like it is another one of those "it depends" situations. We ordered them on the Freedom in March and then we went back on the Freedom in July they said no more Shirley Temples or Roy Rogers with the soda cards. I think we asked a few different places with no luck that week. That was our kids drink of choice as well so we are debating not getting the soda cards. When we went to the evening show they would order one when we ordered our drinks.

Hi......new here. Last cruise was back on Dawn Princess (Alaska) summer 2000. I realize a lot has changed in cruising since then (next cruise for me is on Voyager in April) but I find this post troubling. Why would any cruise line refuse to give you a little cherry and splash of grenadine in your soda when you already paid for the soda card??? This is penny wise and pound foolish if you ask me. Is RCCL and all the cruise lines overly tight like this now??? YIKES!

Hi......new here. Last cruise was back on Dawn Princess (Alaska) summer 2000. I realize a lot has changed in cruising since then (next cruise for me is on Voyager in April) but I find this post troubling. Why would any cruise line refuse to give you a little cherry and splash of grenadine in your soda when you already paid for the soda card??? This is penny wise and pound foolish if you ask me. Is RCCL and all the cruise lines overly tight like this now??? YIKES!

I think so too. On Freedom, we had a few problems our first night at dinner, then they wouldn't make my youngest a Shirley Temple, so I asked for a maraschino cherry in his soda. They had to ask the headwaiter first, and that night, he did not get one. I thought it was just ridiculous.

Archived