Jacks shack questions

zozza

We would love to go to jacks however our ship doesn't get in until 1 pm...will there be enough room for us since there is only so many chaise lounges that are offered we are a party of 6. Isn't there a website that tell you how many ships are in port? We will be arriving on dec 10.

We would love to go to jacks however our ship doesn't get in until 1 pm...will there be enough room for us since there is only so many chaise lounges that are offered we are a party of 6. Isn't there a website that tell you how many ships are in port? We will be arriving on dec 10.

There are two ships in port on december 10th, the ruby at 1 pm and the glory at 11 am. we have never yet run out of beach lounge chairs. so i doubt that your party of 6 will be a problem. we have had a party of 162 when the chairs got scarce but still did not all get used.

Oh good, thanks and can't wait to visit!

OK I have read some of the stuff both good and bad about Jacks Shack here.. Let me tell you how our visit went..

First off, yes it is a little small however the friendly atmosphere more than makes up for it.. Jack, Janet and Jacks daughter are fantastic!! You are made to feel at home. We were there on the Liberty on Nov21st.

The food was fantastic and a welcomed change from "Ship Food" (No I am not knocking the Liberty's food, just a welcomed change) The wide variety of beers as well as the island drinks were great. Not skimpy on either quantity or quality.

Topher is a treat, will play with everyone who wants to play. The beach in front is clean and nice. The snorkeling area is a little further down the beach next to the other pier.. Lots to see and as the waters are very clear, easy to see too..

As far as getting to jacks, at the end of the docking pier, go through the welcome center and make a hard left.. Walk along the beach toward other pier. You will find jacks maybe 75 Yards short of this other pier.

Jack is a great conversationalist should you want to yak it up with him and his crew.. The music is a good mix and not too loud so you can actually talk..

When we left, and believe me, we did not want to, we had to walk back through Jimmy Buffets place.. What a cluster... Much more relaxing place down at Jacks...

If you dock there, give it a go..

(To the person who was complaining about the $5 chairs, not a bad price to pay my friend for the total relaxation you will get here.)

You can party or relax here, and it can happen all at once.. Love the place and will go there again when in the area....

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a question for Island Nurse, we will be there in a few weeks (Nov 21), there is a catholic church on the island Holy Cross, do you know if it is still open?

Mom will be with us drinking after church will be bad enough, but drinking without going to church it won't be pretty.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a question for Island Nurse, we will be there in a few weeks (Nov 21), there is a catholic church on the island Holy Cross, do you know if it is still open?

Mom will be with us drinking after church will be bad enough, but drinking without going to church it won't be pretty.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

There are services on the ship for her to go to

I just got back from there. It is a Small shack. I did not stay long as they Do charge 5 bucks for chairs (which I was disappointed) as Margarittville down the block is FREE. I would have stayed longer but as I said I wasnt paying for a chair!! There are Scuba Boats right out front if you want to go snorkel or Scuba...dont know how much. The snorkeling was MUCH better by Margarittaville. I saw a Lion Fish....sooo cool!! Did not see the Huge String Ray they boast about at Jacks??:confused:

Kris

I am glad people like "$5 for a lounge chair, margaritaville is FREE" exist. If it weren't for his kind Jack's Shack would be overrun. I loved our time there and wish it was just our little secret:p

We had a fine time snorkeling near the shack. We saw what we assumed were flying fish on the sea floor and took advantage of the opportunity to swim out over the dropoff. It was cool, dark and a little creepy. Makes you feel small being in such deep water.

I am glad people like "$5 for a lounge chair, margaritaville is FREE" exist. If it weren't for his kind Jack's Shack would be overrun. I loved our time there and wish it was just our little secret:p

We had a fine time snorkeling near the shack. We saw what we assumed were flying fish on the sea floor and took advantage of the opportunity to swim out over the dropoff. It was cool, dark and a little creepy. Makes you feel small being in such deep water.

Was it a difficult swim/snorkle out to the dropoff?

My mini review of Jacks Shack, we were there a couple of weeks ago

We did really like it, the beach is lovely, and Jack and his family were freindly ...although they were busy. There was a good atmosphere, with lots of people around and music playing. If you want to chill quietly with a book, it might not be the place for you.

The only slightly disappointing thing was the snorkelling. The beach in front of the shack is sandy, so not much sea life. You have to swim out a way to see anything, and even then it wasn't great.

I didn't go quite as far as the wall, as I was snorkelling on my own and although i'm a strong swimmer it's a long way out.

Also there are dive boats coming backwards and forwards there, and I had to keep an eye out to make sure they had seen me in the water.

Overall it's a nice place, if you like your beach action with a local flavour and not totally quiet.

I consider myself a very capable swimmer. I didn't find the swim out to the dropoff and around the area to be strenuous, the water was calm.

Dive boats, definitely out and about. I got separated from my 2 friends by a brigade of boats headed back to shore. For this reason I would recommend swimming with others if possible and being alert about the boat traffic.

The snorkeling wasn't great, but I love swimming anyways so I had a blast. :cool:

i pray you all fared well with tomas. we will be there 11/15/10 on eurodam and can't wait to meet you all! would love to try some great conch or lobster if possible. also, want to swim with topher. our "water dog" ebony(black lab) only gets to swim in ponds in kentucky. she would go wild in the ocean! and we will miss her sorely while there, so topher will be our buddy. save us a spot- will see you all soon! becky

My family (myself, DW, DS, DDs and their fiance's were at Jacks Shack last Monday on the Eurodam. As chance would have it the Carnival Miracle was also at Grand Turk that day due to being diverted from it's normal itinerary by Tomas.

We were worried that it would be crowded, but we had no problem getting a table for an awesome lunch! The Jerk Chicken was absolutly amazing! After several cold local beers and our shots of local rum we wished we could have spent a week there!

As others have said, on the walk back we went through the pool area at Margaritaville and it was just a sea of humanity. Jack's was exactly what you picture an Island beach bar to be when dreaming of the Islands!

Do you rent any type of floats or have life jackets for the not so strong swimmers?

I read that they are connected to a dive shop and that they rent them for $5 for the day:D I am planning on renting life jacket if we decide to swim out to the wall, which everyone says is great.

the wall is a bit of a swim..and you also have to be careful of the dive boats that are using the end of the beach area to park..they keep their eyes open, but you need to be aware of them, too!

There is some nice snorkeling to the RIGHT of the cruise pier, down the beach a ways near the conch graveyard.

Jack's Shack has a few rental floats, noodles, and beach toys. We also rent a few life jackets.

We are renting a golf cart and want to drive to the Queen Conch Museum, how do you get there from the ship? We also want to go to the lighthouse and then spend the rest of the day at Jacks Shack. :D

Archived