What's in your pharmacy bag?

mistyinca

Ok wondering how much of each of these things you guys take? Enough for the entire gang? a couple of doses of each? Do you leave it in the original boxes? Do you write dosage instructions on the side of a ziploc?

I know I am new....Just wondering...Do I need a suitcase for all this stuff or how you keep it all straight.

Ok wondering how much of each of these things you guys take? Enough for the entire gang? a couple of doses of each? Do you leave it in the original boxes? Do you write dosage instructions on the side of a ziploc?

I know I am new....Just wondering...Do I need a suitcase for all this stuff or how you keep it all straight.

I just throw all of mine into a gallon Ziploc bag (along with my shaving supplies)' date=' but I leave [u']all of my meds in their original prescription bottles[/u]. That way, if there are any questions, they shouldn't have to search too far for the answers.

Wow, your timing is perfect!! But we've both been around enough to know that a larger, single tub would be 'just what the doctor ordered', right? :p

exactly.

a large tub with a nice bottle of grape and some bubbles. (bubbles in the grape AND in the tub)

LOL! Admission is longer a problem ... for me, it's like admitting I take vitamins. My only problem with the drug is those silly commercials with the TWO bathtubs ... I still haven't figured that one out. Wouldn't it make much more sense for 'the couple' to be in a (lukewarm) hot tub together?

:)

Oh dear Lord, I hate those ads. So ... freakin' ... stupid. :p

ED drugs for men are about the equivalent of PMS drugs for women. Both are:

1. Needed

2. Seldom talked about.

3. Appreciated by both sexes.....:D

Life is too short to worry what other people think..........;)

Agreed, Larry ... I am doing my part to help remove the stigma by talking about ED.

Heck, I am even a 5-year quad bypass survivor ... I am pretty happy to be able to still 'sit in that tub'. :D

That's all I think of to need. I'd be interested to see if anyone has come up with something that I'm missing.

I take some Meth, coke, but I do not to take any pot as I can always find some in teh ports I stop in;)

3 days into our last cruise, I came down w/a nasty sinus infection:eek:

Thank goodness for the med staff. They prescribed nasal spray and told me to take benadryle which I had brought w/me. 24 hrs later feeling much better. So..... lesson learned, if u think u might need it u better bring it:D

Always expect the unexpected, it's better to be prepared.

i keep a shoebox sized rubbermaid type thing with swinging lid packed @ all times...never know when a last minute trip will pop up (why am i thinking of bath tubs:p)...it fits nicely in bottom of suitcase no worry for spills, etc.

I used to not take anything except my allergy meds. Then last cruise DD got sick and I was so glad I had brought Children's Tylenol and Motrin (only meds I had brought). My father also got sick and didn't have anything. Ship meds are limited. So this time I'm brinigng:

Zyrtec

Advil

Tylenol

Excedrin Migraine

Tums

Immodium

Pepcid

Tylenol Cold

Mucinex (blue kind)

The green Vicks nightime stuff (forget what it's called, but we call it The Green Elixir because it knocks you out).

Neosporin

First Aid Kit

I also bring a small can of lysol as per a previous poster(you can always tell who is a nurse huh:D). as far as prevention, i start the family on vit c tabs bout 5 days before the cruise. we continue during the cruise and for 5 days post trip.

betty

What do you (and any other nurses?) think about Airborne? I've never used it before, but my sis and I got some for this trip. I'm calling it my quack meds.

since I usually travel with kids, I bring one of those stick on forehead thermometers-my Dh gets them from the OR in the hospital he works in...

Also Epipen, and therma care heat wraps

Adult Medication

Vitamins (10 days)

Benedryl (8)

Tylenol Sinus (24)

Tums (9)

Tums QuikPak (6)

Alka-Seltzer (5)

Tylenol (18)

Imodium A-D

Pepto Bismol (8)

Children's Medication

Vitamins (10 days)

Medadate (10 days)

Imodium A-D

Benedryl

Motrin

Antibacterial Eye Drops

Orajel

Pepto Bismol (4)

Miscellaneous

Glasses

Contact Case

Extra pair of Contacts

Contact Solution

Blink 'n Clean for Contacts

Thermometer

Hand Sanitizer

Hot Water Bottle

Hydrocordtisone

Neosporin

Band-Aids

Cleaning Wipes

Quarters

Everything fits neatly into one of those toiletry bags that came with my luggage. I don't keep prescriptions in their original bottles because Target has a little pull out card with all the information on the bottle including the description of what the pill looks like. I also pack:

bug spray

sunscreen (biodegradable, regular, and chapstick)

Caribbean Solutions icy relief gel

Caribbean Solutions silky lotion for after sun care

My last trip in July 09 taught me to take a few things that are very important!

Benadryl (there is a story behind this!)

Epi-Pen

Bandaids

Styptic pencil

Tylenol

Bacitracin

These are what I WILL be taking in July. On to the Benadryl story!

July 09 we board the Explorer of the Seas and go to the MDR for lunch. DF has fish and I'm allergic to ALL seafood! We tour the ship and get back to the room and he gives me a kiss on my lips (totally forgetting that he had fish for lunch). A while later I start to feel funny and my lips swell up!

Place an emergency call to the ship's doctor, no one was picking up the phone! We hadn't even left port yet! We ran down to the doctor banging on the door and they let us in. They charge me $140 for the visit and some damn Benadryl that I could have had in my bag!! I will never forget it and will ALWAYS carry it with me, along with an Epi pen.

LOL! Admission is longer a problem ... for me, it's like admitting I take vitamins. My only problem with the drug is those silly commercials with the TWO bathtubs ... I still haven't figured that one out. Wouldn't it make much more sense for 'the couple' to be in a (lukewarm) hot tub together?

:)

OMG...I am with you on this. I don't understand the 2 tubs either!

And....it's great when this subject can be out in the open.

Besides the RX stuff, there is always the natural/herbal kind ;)

bonnie

I carry most of the stuff that has already been mentioned.....I keep a lookout for the "sample" sizes or individually wrapped tylenol.

One thing that I didn't seem mentioned was the little "repair kit for glasses". Found ours near the check-out counter for $1.00. You never know when you are going to loose that little screw in your glasses or sun glasses.

Ok, I give... what's the difference?

If it is that is has codeine be very careful in the US as it is illegal (regardless or where you bought it - like the Bahamas).

:rolleyes: Thanks, Dad. But I do have a doctor's note (as in a prescription) for the Tylenol.

As for the Ibuprophen, it's just a higher dose.

For you nurses, why advil and tylenol and excedrin.

Which do you use for what. Hubby and I always have advil

cause he has belly issues.

Hi Lisa and Bobby, Ibuprofen products, such as Advil and Motrin work best for muscle aches and pains and some people swear by it for headaches. ( it can cause mild stomach upset, if so, just take it with a small snack or a cracker or cookie... Excedrin is a combination of Acetaminophen, aspirin and Caffeine. This is a miracle drug for me for headaches. It works fast and does the job with only one dose. Be careful though, if you take it too late the caffeine my keep you awake. Tylenol is aetaminophen, some take it because they cannot take aspirin products. Some people swear by it. Personally, it does not work well for me. It boils down to what works best for you.

***** For hangovers, there is a new product OTC. It is called, Wake-up-Call and is made by Alka-Seltzer. They are small citrus flavored tablets that you disolve in 4oz of water. They contain, aspirin, caffeine and vitamin C. They really do work well. There are other brands on the market that work similar. Have a wonderful cruise.

Archived