Spa Pass - Can Someone Explain?

cookmg40

I have heard you can purchase a spa pass on the Gem. What does this entitle you to? Is the pool/hot tub area in the gym not accessible unless you have this pass? What if you are a suite guest, do you have access to this area? Thanks for your help.

Marilyn

I have heard you can purchase a spa pass on the Gem. What does this entitle you to? Is the pool/hot tub area in the gym not accessible unless you have this pass? What if you are a suite guest, do you have access to this area? Thanks for your help.

Marilyn

You can purchase a daily ($20 or so) or weekly ($100 or so) spa pass which will give you access to all the spa facilities. Do the spa tour the day you board and they will explain everything to you.

No, the spa facilities are not available to any guests, suites included, without the purchase of the spa pass.

The Spa passes are for adults only. It gives you a quiet, peaceful place to relax and enjoy the serenity.

*Remember to stop and get a drink to bring along before going, since there are no bar servers in this area.

Nothing to do with the gym, and not available to suite guests as a free perk.

Last week on the Gem, the spa pass was $99 per person or $167 per couple. They were NOT selling day passes and I think it was because they sold out the weekly passes on embarkation day. There is a limit of about 85 passes sold. The spa on the Gem is fabulous with heated tile loungers, huge thassotherapy (I think that is the right name) pool with every imaginable way to enjoy a jacuzzi, large whirlpool, and in each locker room area (male/female) individual whirlpools, sauna room, showers and such. There's plenty of towels, robes, and beverages like tea and ice water. We went everyday and loved it.

this is a very stupid question - but do you wear your bathing suit to lay on the heated tiled lounge chairs?

The 7 heated tile loungers are in the coed area. I would think for that reason you need your suit on. We were on the gem 1/24/10-2/310-10-day cruise $240 for couple pass. Worth every penny.

this is a very stupid question - but do you wear your bathing suit to lay on the heated tiled lounge chairs?

Yes. And the hot tubs and pool are right there, so we tend to hop in and out, very nice.

I imagine they will be 'sold out' if you go suitless. lol

People won't be getting off the boat!!! ;):D

Do all NCL ships offer this "spa pass" (I am on POA). I didn't get one on my one and only prior cruise on X; always regretted it. Does this allow access to the steam room? I am a FOOL for a steam room. And there are extra hot tubs in there?

Do all NCL ships offer this "spa pass" (I am on POA). I didn't get one on my one and only prior cruise on X; always regretted it. Does this allow access to the steam room? I am a FOOL for a steam room. And there are extra hot tubs in there?

Yes, to all three questions.:D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived