Teeth whitening treatment on Carnival?

kelbre

Good morning! I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there that has done the teeth whitening package available in the spa on the Carnival ships??? It is something I have thought of doing but not sure. It's pricey at $199.00 but don't know a lot about it so if anyone has info that would be great. thanks

I would never consider anyone but a dentist to do this procedure. The people who work on cruise ships are probably not licensed or trained properly. Please go to a dentist. Too many problems can occur and you need to have someone you know and trust be nearby.

plus, I read where they advise you not to drink RED WINE for a week.:eek:

You would have to avoide coffee as well as any other type of drink or food that could stain your teeth.

All in all, I don't think it's a great idea, if you want your teeth whitened professionally talk to your dentist.

If you want professional teeth whitening, go to your dentist.....it can cause super-sensitivity, too...not something you want to deal with on a ship on vacation!

If you don't want to pay that kind of money to your dentist, then consider the Crest Whitestrips...they worked WONDERS for me, and without causing too much sensitivity....Sensodyne helped until my teeth got used to the whitening product.

Thanks for all your answers! You are all right, I really should leave something like that to an expert, and I certainly don't want to be having any issues or discomfort while I'm supposed to be on holidays!!! I really appreicate your honesty everyone! thanks!

I had the procedure done on Royal Caribbean October 2009. They used a product that's called "GoSmile" which is a stronger peroxide than you can get through the Crest White Strips or other similar product in stores. It worked for me, and I bought 2 more months worth that was to be done every other month. I was told not to drink coffee or red wine for 24 hours afterwards. I have used the strips in the past and I had a sensitivity to them....and this felt fine.

I would NEVER have something like that done on a cruiseship. Go to your dentist - get the custom trays made and the whitening gel. Costs about the same and works VERY well. I did that. Teeth MUCH whiter after about 3 days. Also, then you own the trays and you can buy the gel any time you want. I do that once or twice a year just for maintenance.

Go to your dentist - get the custom trays made and the whitening gel. Costs about the same and works VERY well. I did that. Teeth MUCH whiter after about 3 days. Also, then you own the trays and you can buy the gel any time you want. I do that once or twice a year just for maintenance.

totally agree. Go have it done before your cruise rather than on the cruise. You will have the trays for years, can buy more bleach when you want to touch up etc. Love them! I'm more addicted to it than once or twice a year, but you can do it as much or as little as you want :)

Archived