Europe 2011

chessbriar

It will be open on website 4/20, in the meantime I did call Captain's Club # the other day, they gave out prices on many categories before they even asked for CC#. So if you're not CC yet you can probably get information anyway but won't be able to book until 4/20.

Thanks for the info both of you.

Sorry to sound dense, but I don't even know for sure what cruises she is doing yet in August next year. Is that info out anywhere or do I have to wait until the 20th ? :(

Thanks for any help

:)

• 2 months later...
Any idea of where Connie will go after the Sept 7, 2011 cruise that ends in Greece??

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere but I can't find any reference.

I came across an incomplete set of cruise details for Constellation in Autumn 2011 and they seem to suggest some 7 night sailings to Israel and Egypt out of Pireaus in October 2011. They may not have been released yet because the cruiseline is negotiating a change in the Greek cabotage rules to enable non-EU ships to turn around in Greek ports.

Anybody have any more information???

Ken

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere but I can't find any reference.

I came across an incomplete set of cruise details for Constellation in Autumn 2011 and they seem to suggest some 7 night sailings to Israel and Egypt out of Pireaus in October 2011. They may not have been released yet because the cruiseline is negotiating a change in the Greek cabotage rules to enable non-EU ships to turn around in Greek ports.

Anybody have any more information???

Ken

Ken,

Interesting. I have not heard any information, but I appreciate that you posted as we have been unable to get any answers from Celebrity about fall 2011 for the Constellation. We are considering the September 7th cruise if they can resolve the issue quickly. Otherwise we are moving onto other cruise options.

I hope we get some answers soon.

Thanks,

Kathy

Hi Kathy

Delved a little further and the following itineraries can be found on a TA site (but not booked)!!!

Sept 17, Oct 1 and 15, 2011

Athens

At sea

Jerusalem

Haifa

Limassol

Rhodes

At Sea

Sept 24. Oct 8 and 22

Athens

Mykonos

Ephesus

Bodrum

Heraklion

Santorini

At sea

I believe Celebrity are very keen to base a ship in Pireaus but are struggling to get an agreement with the Greek seamen's union. They (like the rest of Greece and the air crew on BA) seem to have some sort of economic death wish!!!

There's still 16 months to go so I guess it's a matter of wait and see if this is resolved before Connie's home port for Autumn 2011 is announced.

Cheers

Ken

I'm new to Celebrity. Hoping to do a greek islands cruise for my honeymoon in May 2011. Any word on an itinerary going there?

We are doing one leaving May 26th, from Barcelona, going to Mykonos, Santorini and Athens as well as Rome, Naples, Kusdasi and Valetta.

I'm new to Celebrity. Hoping to do a greek islands cruise for my honeymoon in May 2011. Any word on an itinerary going there?

I haven't read the whole thread yet... but Solstice will be going out of Barcelona and doing a nice 12 day Italy/Greece/Turkey trip. We are signed up for one in 2011 June.

Ken,

Those would be great itineraries. We were hoping Bodrum & Heraklion would immediately follow the Sept. 7th itinerary, but the Sept. 17th itinerary could be a possibility too. Right now it doesn't matter, since we can't book even the Sept. 7th cruise.

I don't know if an agreement with the Greek seamen's union is a good idea. Are they prone to strikes?

Thanks for your information. Please let us know if you hear/read anything else.

Kathy

Ken,

Those would be great itineraries. We were hoping Bodrum & Heraklion would immediately follow the Sept. 7th itinerary, but the Sept. 17th itinerary could be a possibility too. Right now it doesn't matter, since we can't book even the Sept. 7th cruise.

I don't know if an agreement with the Greek seamen's union is a good idea. Are they prone to strikes?

Thanks for your information. Please let us know if you hear/read anything else.

Kathy

Hi Kathy

The Sept 7 cruise is bookable - 10 day relocation voyage from Amsterdam to Pireaus. It's from Sept 17 that's the mystery.

I believe the Greek union want a certain proportion of the crew to be Greek but I think the main problem was the threat of strikes by dock workers as part of the general unrest in Greece due to the financial meltdown there - I could elaborate but I don't think you would believe some of the stories about the Greek economy!!!

I would like to cruise to the Holy Land next October and these 'phantom itineraries' would be just the ticket - I'll post more info if and when I get it.

Cheers

Ken

Hi Kathy

The Sept 7 cruise is bookable - 10 day relocation voyage from Amsterdam to Pireaus. It's from Sept 17 that's the mystery.

I believe the Greek union want a certain proportion of the crew to be Greek but I think the main problem was the threat of strikes by dock workers as part of the general unrest in Greece due to the financial meltdown there - I could elaborate but I don't think you would believe some of the stories about the Greek economy!!!

I would like to cruise to the Holy Land next October and these 'phantom itineraries' would be just the ticket - I'll post more info if and when I get it.

Cheers

Ken

Hi Ken !

I agree that everything going on in Greece, has probably put those itineraries on hold for now. Im not saying they wont happen, but Celebrity may prefer to take a wait and see attitude, since there is 15+ months before these sail dates.

BTW, per the Celebrity website, the 9/7/11 Repo sailing to Athens appears to be closed for bookings. It's listed, but all categories show as Sold Out.

BTW, per the Celebrity website, the 9/7/11 Repo sailing to Athens appears to be closed for bookings. It's listed, but all categories show as Sold Out.

Given the fact that they closed this repo sailing AND didn't open the Athens itineraries they announced back in April, I'm guessing Constellation will head across to the Atlantic and to the Caribbean early.

Floris

Archived