Europe 2011

chessbriar

Beachnative, we did the Crown Princess 12 night British Isles cruise last summer. We would've loved to have done that itinerary on Celebrity, but since it wasn't available last summer, we went on Princess. It was a great cruise and we enjoyed all the ports. The Crown will be repeating that itinerary in 2011.

Now I'm anxiously awaiting the Celebrity 2011 Mediterranean itineraries. I'm hoping they offer the same itinerary the Equinox is doing this June, which is a RT from Rome that goes to Istanbul.

I sooo hope Celebrity offers a British Isles cruise in 2011. It is on the top of my list and for now only HAL has an itinerary that interests me (well , Crystal does too , but with the kids , won´t be happening). Ohh , just saw the comments from Junglejane

I looked at the Princess itineraries (thanks to Junglejane)and they look great!But I hope Celebrity gets in the game!

Kim

You're welcome to Beachnative and Brazilgirl. We really loved the Crown Princess British Isles itinerary. The ship was maybe a little bigger than we would've liked (we loved the Summit) but overall it was a wonderful cruise. We had a very active Roll Call and did all private tours except for Le Havre where DH took the ship tour to Normandy.

Now where are those Celebrity itineraries . . .:D

Looks like we aren't the only people looking for a "British Isles" cruise! Celebrity offered one in Sept back in 2009 with the perfect itinerary but we weren't ready for that cruise then ...now we are! We were really hoping Celebrity would do that cruise again in 2011. So far no luck...I'm still hoping!

Come on Celebrity...please offer us a Brisitsh Isles cruise for the month of September. ;) We may have to jump to Princess for that cruise if Celebrity doesn't offer it. :eek:

Pat :)

We are finding this 'slow release' of dates very difficult. We have a hold on a cabin on the Eclipse but would prefer to see the itinerary for the Equinox and possibly the Silhouette before deciding. If we pay the deposit for the Eclipse and then want to transfer to the Equinox or Silhouette it will cost us £300 (£75pp). If we wait we might lose the cabin we want. Booking conditions in the UK are a nightmare.

kruzgal

I spoke to our Celebrity Personal Cruise Consultant [in UK] yesterday [about other matters] and they are struggling to cope with the 2011 releases as it is. They are so busy. I guess the slow release is an attempt to deal with this. Perhaps the solution would be to publish provisional itineraries but control when they open for bookings.

I may be mistaken but I though the first change in a booking was free and only the subsequent changes were charged. Or is that only for more minor changes?

Sue

kruzgal

I spoke to our Celebrity Personal Cruise Consultant [in UK] yesterday [about other matters] and they are struggling to cope with the 2011 releases as it is. They are so busy. I guess the slow release is an attempt to deal with this. Perhaps the solution would be to publish provisional itineraries but control when they open for bookings.

I may be mistaken but I though the first change in a booking was free and only the subsequent changes were charged. Or is that only for more minor changes?

Sue

No, the first free change is only for minor changes. A change of ship means you lose half your deposit even though Celebrity would still be getting your custom. Very unfair!

Yeah, I'm paying attention, and still don't see the Connie itineraries that have been up in Europe for about a week. ???

I just went and looked at the UK site and saw nothing.

I do this as a courtesy for itineraries not yet showing on the X website(US). If it's up on their site, I don't waste my time.

If you have those itineraries, feel free to post them here. I haven't seen them.

Your comment may not have been meant that way, but came across as snarkey. Snide remarks like this make we want to stop posting what I find.

If you have already seen them, why do you need me to post them?

You know guys, I've been doing this since 2003 and every years it seems as if there is some one who is not happy. A number of years people have questioned my info, it's always come to be true. I can deal with that. But comments like the one above just hit the bone.

If anyone else has the itineraries and the time, please feel free to post them. I don't need to feel as if what I do isn't good enough. I only put out the information I can verify.

This may be the last time

You are absolutely correct, maybe the UK is not part of Europe - there are of course the endless political debates on that one :rolleyes: - but there is nothing up for Constellation and the agents today in X UK had nothing loaded for it

Can I thank you for your great post yesterday which allowed me to get the cabin I wanted on Eclipse next summer - there is a great 16 night trip with lots of new ports for us on it.

I think the reason Eclipse came out on the UK sites so early is they are making this big thing about it being home based in the UK.

A

Chessbriar, I also want to thank you! You have helped us get the cabins we wanted for 4-5 cruises in the past because you've had the information before anybody else. I always look forward to and watch for your posts! We have been able to get 3 hump cabins together for the 2011 Eclipse transatlantic since you posted them so early. :D :D :D

Garry

I do this as a courtesy for itineraries not yet showing on the X website(US). If it's up on their site, I don't waste my time.

If you have those itineraries, feel free to post them here. I haven't seen them.

Your comment may not have been meant that way, but came across as snarkey. Snide remarks like this make we want to stop posting what I find.

If you have already seen them, why do you need me to post them?

You know guys, I've been doing this since 2003 and every years it seems as if there is some one who is not happy. A number of years people have questioned my info, it's always come to be true. I can deal with that. But comments like the one above just hit the bone.

If anyone else has the itineraries and the time, please feel free to post them. I don't need to feel as if what I do isn't good enough. I only put out the information I can verify.

This may be the last time

----------

Chessbriar, I assure you I meant nothing snarky. Others are posting that they are booking in the UK, although what they're booking are the Eclipse cruises. I was hoping to be able to see both those and the Connie itineraries before making a decision, so I was just curious as to why those weren't posted yet. I know you have no control over Celebrity and I thank you for posting the information you have. I haven't seen anything except what is posted on the Celebrity US site. I have no clue how to access the UK site. I'm just going by what others have said. So I'm sorry you took offense at my post and I hope you will not stop sharing information because of that.

Thought this might be helpful for those that want to view Celebrity UK. At the bottom of the Celebrity home page, in very small print, it says something like "Not from the US?" Click this and you can choose your country from a drop down menu, click United Kingdom and all should be revealed. I do this when I want to see what the rate is for my cruise in dollars, hope this helps:)

Sue

Does ANYONE know when they are going to release the Equinox schedule for summer/fall 2011.....I am SO anxious to see this schedule and so disappointed when they postponed the release of the Med cruises for that time....looking at all lines now but want Celebrity!! Sure hope they come out this week!!!!

Does ANYONE know when they are going to release the Equinox schedule for summer/fall 2011.....I am SO anxious to see this schedule and so disappointed when they postponed the release of the Med cruises for that time....looking at all lines now but want Celebrity!! Sure hope they come out this week!!!!

Hi Gracie:) originally it was posted that all the new schedules would be

released in March and April....with the middle of April having the last

of the Caribbean itineraries. So everything else (including your request)

should be coming soon:D

Yeah, I'm paying attention, and still don't see the Connie itineraries that have been up in Europe for about a week. ???

Like many of us I've been checking frequently and hoping to see the Connie itineraries. Have booked her 3/26/10 Carribbean but would like to see her resume her Northern European route next summer. Perhaps we'll know tomorrow!!!! Wishful Thinking????

:rolleyes:

Hi Gracie:) originally it was posted that all the new schedules would be

released in March and April....with the middle of April having the last

of the Caribbean itineraries. So everything else (including your request)

should be coming soon:D

Thanks Lois, yes they originally said that Europe itineraries would be out the week of March 17...now the same release just says "date to be announced"....so don't know when that will be.....and I am so anxious to book my first Med cruise!!!!:D

I hope the Equinox 2011 Europe schedule will be coming out soon. My wife and I are being tempted by HA Nieuw Amsterdam out of Venice which will go to the combo of 4 ports we really want, Istanbul, Santorini, Mykonos, and Kusadasi, plus others. Come on Celebrity, make me an offer I can't refuse!:)

I hope the Equinox 2011 Europe schedule will be coming out soon. My wife and I are being tempted by HA Nieuw Amsterdam out of Venice which will go to the combo of 4 ports we really want, Istanbul, Santorini, Mykonos, and Kusadasi, plus others. Come on Celebrity, make me an offer I can't refuse!:)

We're looking at a similar sailing! I really want to stick with Celebrity... fingers crossed!!

Archived