Equinox Aquaclass - Just Back from March 8th Sailing

Oradellian

Very enjoyable cruise with excellent food and interesting ports of call.

Cabin 1505.

Let me know if I can answer any questions for members with upcoming departure dates.

A full report will post . . . eventually !

Very enjoyable cruise with excellent food and interesting ports of call.

Cabin 1505.

Let me know if I can answer any questions for members with upcoming departure dates.

A full report will post . . . eventually !

Any staff info would be great! :) (Captain, CC hostess, staff Captain, future cruise staff, etc). Can't wait, only 2 1/2 weeks!!

Did you need to use a tender at any ports? With AQ class, did you have to wait in line for tender tickets or were they provided in another manner?

Thanks I'm a total newbie to cruising, going to the East med in July and trying to figure it all out =)

Did you need to use a tender at any ports? With AQ class, did you have to wait in line for tender tickets or were they provided in another manner?

Thanks I'm a total newbie to cruising, going to the East med in July and trying to figure it all out =)

Hi,:)welcome to the wonderful world of cruising:D. I have not

sailed in AQ before but I don't believe having a cabin in there gives

you any "tendering perks". The main extra perk for AQ is Blu, which

is having your own dining room.

I could be wrong and I am sure someone who has stayed in AQ will

chime in about it. But after all the posts concerning this class of cabin,

I have never seen any kind of tendering perk.

I hope you have a great cruise:)

Any staff info would be great! :) (Captain, CC hostess, staff Captain, future cruise staff, etc). Can't wait, only 2 1/2 weeks!!

Captain Apostolos Bouzakis. The other folks ... sorry.

The Captain sounds like a nice fellow. However, he did tell us occasionally that we were on the "Solstice" or another Celebrity ship, so I'm thinking that the Captains get moved around quite a bit!

Cheers

Unless I missed something, there were no special tender tickets for AQ guests.

Grand Cayman was our only anchor port. By 11:00, it was "open seating" on the tenders and no tickets were needed.

We were right next door in 1503, close to the relaxation room. Basic room, bed shaped oddly with very little room to walk around the bed.

:eek: Gee, I didn't know you were in 1503 next door. It was our 38th anniversary, hopefully there was not too much noise.

:):):)

I agree with you on the room / bed / space. The bath was very nice, the largest we've had in a standard balcony room. I also thought the full sofa was useless.

The main extra perk for AQ is Blu, which

is having your own dining room.

:)

Dining in Blu is very nice, as it's quick and, for us, plenty of seating for couples. The menu is unique and changes every day.

However, the Persian Gardens get my vote as the raison d'etre for Aquaclass. They were never crowded.

Try the steam baths, also known as the "Cartagena Room". :o

:eek: Gee, I didn't know you were in 1503 next door. It was our 38th anniversary, hopefully there was not too much noise.

:):):)

I agree with you on the room / bed / space. The bath was very nice, the largest we've had in a standard balcony room. I also thought the full sofa was useless.

Sorry, my confusion, it wasnt on this cruise but in November...

Captain Apostolos Bouzakis. The other folks ... sorry.

The Captain sounds like a nice fellow. However, he did tell us occasionally that we were on the "Solstice" or another Celebrity ship, so I'm thinking that the Captains get moved around quite a bit!

Cheers

Without a failure, we have loved the Celebrity Captains we've had so far; guessing that Captain Bouzakis will add to our list! :) Counting down happily!!!

Archived