03/20/2010 Dream Review...

wvanative

I will try to give you my honest opinion about my experience on the Dream...And it is just that, my opinion....take it as you may...

I have uploaded some photos (to view, click on the link in my signature below.)

Before I get started I will say that myself, my DW and my two DD's thoroughly enjoyed our week on the Dream.

Embarkation (Day 1): We arrived in Canaveral Friday evening before and stayed at the Country Inn's and Suites, great hotel, free hot breakfast, and free shuttle to the port and back. We booked the 11am shuttle from the hotel, arrived at the pier at 11:30am...went through the normal check in routine...we were on the Lido at about Noon...Kids had the pizza, and I had the burrito bar, which i thought was very good...had to wait about 5-10 minutes for my turn in line. At 1:30m we headed down to our cabins...we had adjoining Cove balcony cabins which was great for us. Cabins were clean and the room steward locked the minibar in the kids room but left ours unlocked. The soda card are now sticker placed on your sign and sail care and was if I remember correctly 4.50/day for 17 and under and 6.50/day for 18 and over, plus 15% gratuity...but if you wait until you are out of port you save the tax. I think carnival lost money on us....dinner this evening was in the crimson dining room early seating. wait staff was wonderful, they seem to have a way with the children...I had the shrimp cocktail, flat iron steak, and of course the chocolate melting cake, which in my opinion was very good. Safety briefing was great since you didn't have to bring your life jackets with you and we were back in our cabin on the balcony before we left the port which was great as this was the first balcony for us and we used it a lot. Went and singed the youngest into camp carnival (I have the Carnival Capers for 9 -11 if you would like me to post them) We ordered room service that night around 1am (BLT, Grilled Ruben, Ham and Cheese Sandwiches and milk) it arrived within 10 -15 minutes..kids love this option...and what I liked was you could order it from your TV which you could decided what you wanted while you were ordering. We finally turned in around 2am (after getting the kids settled from all the excitement).

More later

Picture below is of the door between the two cabins....

DSCF4413.jpg.608bdee5628982c14a02dc07d9d072d1.jpg

FUN DAY AT SEA (DAY 2) - Had the curtain open and was awaken by the sun. Had breakfast in the Scarlett dining room which was good, I had an omelet, wife had Eggs Benedict which see said was pretty good and the kids had pancakes and sausage. I had better corned beef hash thought...My 17 y/o DD went to the cooking demonstration in the Steak House (as she loves to cook) she said she enjoyed and got to taste the dishes they prepared which was: Mushroom Cappuccino, Baby Leaf Spinach & Fresh Mushrooms, Broiled Supreme of Free Range Chicken and Tiramisu. After lunch on the Lido, we hung out at the pool and the kids swam. The show this evening was "Get Ready" which we did not attend, however, we did go the the Comedy Club at 8:30pm and saw Kim Harrison, all in all was a good show and hopefully carnival will roll out the comedy club to more of their ships...My youngest DD went to camp carnival and did the Scavanger Hunt (she was upset that some of the kids on her team wanted to cheat) but kids will be kids., she also did the candy bingo and play station and WII play time. (We didn't force her to go at any time, she had the camp carnival capers and circled what she wanted to do) she said she had fun.

All in all we had a great day at sea and every time we went to the pool area we were able to find a seat. The show on the BIG screen this night was "Taking of Pelham 123" which we did not attend. My youngest found her new favorite drink (Shirley Temple), every time I turned around she had one in her hand, they even made them for her at dinner in the main dining room which I thought was nice. Also, when we arrived in the dining room, our sodas were at the table waiting for us each night and was greeted by name. The main dinning room had mostly tables for 4.

Great review, and I enjoyed your photos as well. Great pic of the cove balcony room, how did you like this room?

We sail on Dream in Sept and have a cove balcony room mid ship. From all reviews I have read they are a big hit!

Looking forward to reading the rest of your review and thanks for sharing your photos!

Susan

Cozumel (Day 3) - Slept in until about 9am, ate breakfast in the Scarlet dining room again...We had the dolphin encounter booked (through carnival) which we had to meet in the compound at the end of the pier at 12:00. Had a great time and the kids loved interacting with the dolphins (pictures were 3/69.00 or you could get the dvd for 69.00) we opted for the dvd as it had everything on it. arrived back on ship around 4:30. Had dinner in the main dining room, kids loved this experience as it is completely different than what they are used to and wanted to eat there every night. Went to the comedy show at 8:30 (pg) and the comedian this night was Al Ernest, he was pretty good, however I thought the one yesterday was better. At 10:30 we went to the encore theater and saw Edge (Comedian/Juggler/physical comedy) I thought this show was pretty good and I and my family enjoyed it. The only thing my youngest wanted to do in Camp Carnival this day was go to the movie at camp carnival at 8:00 which was "Aliens in the Attic" she said she had a good time. My oldest daughter went to the lido to watch "The Proposal" on the Jumbo tron...said she got a blanket from the towel hut, had a chair in the middle of the deck and had a great time...popcorn was 1.50 a box.

FUN DAY AT SEA (DAY 2) - My 17 y/o DD went to the cooking demonstration in the Steak House (as she loves to cook) she said she enjoyed and got to taste the dishes they prepared which was: Mushroom Cappuccino, Baby Leaf Spinach & Fresh Mushrooms, Broiled Supreme of Free Range Chicken and Tiramisu.

Was there a charge for the cooking demo, and an age restriction? My DD and I would love to do this :)

FUN DAY AT SEA (DAY 2) - My 17 y/o DD went to the cooking demonstration in the Steak House (as she loves to cook) she said she enjoyed and got to taste the dishes they prepared which was: Mushroom Cappuccino, Baby Leaf Spinach & Fresh Mushrooms, Broiled Supreme of Free Range Chicken and Tiramisu.

Was there a charge for the cooking demo, and an age restriction? My DD and I would love to do this :)

no charge and as far as i could tell no age restrictions...but seating is limited so get there at least 15 min before...

no charge and as far as i could tell no age restrictions...but seating is limited so get there at least 15 min before...

Awesome! Thanks for the response.

Archived